Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 67159 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: The Walking Dead Thread
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2017, 02:35:26 pm »
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I was weak and started watching Fear The Walking Dead again.  And something incredible happened.  The last few episodes were really good---I mean seriously, edge of your seat good.  I hardly believe it.
When FTWD went after Christians and preppers, I signed off...waiting for TWD's return.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2017, 04:51:11 pm »
When FTWD went after Christians and preppers, I signed off...waiting for TWD's return.

@SZonian

Really? What if the Christians they  went  after were a re-incarnation of the Jim Jones cult? Or a new Catholic Inquisition?

Although come to think of it,people with your mindset might cheer for a return of "dat ole tyme religion",where the cult officials know what is best for everyone,and enforces their laws with an iron fist and  the occasional pot of flaming oil.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Silver Pines

« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2017, 10:29:47 pm »
@SZonian

Really? What if the Christians they  went  after were a re-incarnation of the Jim Jones cult? Or a new Catholic Inquisition?

Although come to think of it,people with your mindset might cheer for a return of "dat ole tyme religion",where the cult officials know what is best for everyone,and enforces their laws with an iron fist and  the occasional pot of flaming oil.

@sneakypete

No, I initially did the same thing myself, but like I said, I was weak and went back and watched again.

Stop kneejerking every time Christianity is mentioned, Pete.  Deciding you're not going to listen to your religion being bashed has zero to do with a theocratic rule.  It's a silly comparison.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2017, 01:08:35 am »
@sneakypete

No, I initially did the same thing myself, but like I said, I was weak and went back and watched again.

Stop kneejerking every time Christianity is mentioned, Pete.  Deciding you're not going to listen to your religion being bashed has zero to do with a theocratic rule.  It's a silly comparison.

@CatherineofAragon

I will stop when the Bible-Thumpers stop preaching hellfire and damnation.

Don't hold your breath waiting.

Silver Pines

« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2017, 01:16:12 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I will stop when the Bible-Thumpers stop preaching hellfire and damnation.

Don't hold your breath waiting.

@sneakypete

Well, sorry hellfire and damnation triggers you.  Hope you can manage.

:seeya:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2017, 02:22:36 am »
@sneakypete

Well, sorry hellfire and damnation triggers you.  Hope you can manage.

:seeya:

@CatherineofAragon

I'll be ok.

Silver Pines

« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2017, 03:00:53 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I'll be ok.

@sneakypete

Good.

Am I the only one who thinks Eugene is going to die this season?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2017, 03:14:37 am »
@sneakypete

Good.

@CatherineofAragon

I refuse to even think about it. I want  it all to come as a surprise.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2017, 05:03:34 am »
@SZonian

@sneakypete...that's a stretch...the episode in question was quite overt and wasn't even straying into that kind of strawman.  Sorry if my position offends your sensibilities...but I am still free to choose which series I watch, correct?

Peace out.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2017, 10:29:21 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I refuse to even think about it. I want  it all to come as a surprise.

@sneakypete

You can speculate and it will still be a surprise.  I hope he bites it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2017, 08:42:53 pm »
@sneakypete

You can speculate and it will still be a surprise.  I hope he bites it.

@CatherineofAragon

Hard to say. I have seen people,mostly women,who like to see men like Eugene hang around because they feel superior to them in courage,strength,and determination in aggressive situations.

After all,who enjoys being the "bottom Indian on the totem pole"?

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2017, 08:52:47 pm »
3 minute teaser from new season if you like

from r/thewalkingdead

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/7773zx/8x01_mercy_first_3_minutes/

ETA: Language warning if you read the comments.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:54:09 pm by Meldrew »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:15 pm »
@sneakypete

Good.

Sorry, he's got two more seasons.

Season 9 is set to focus on Carl gradually taking over from an injured, probably  dying, Rick, while he (Carl) begins to show signs of madness.  Every indication is that he's turning into another Governor, possibly even eventually another Negan (who Carl killed, finally, in season 8).  In the series finale, Eugene starts babbling on about something, probably Trump, and Carl shots him in the knee.  After letting Eugene whine in pain for several seconds, Carl smiles broadly and shoots him in the head.  Twice.  And with that we know that everything is going to turn out okay in the end.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2017, 12:23:14 am »
Sorry, he's got two more seasons.

Season 9 is set to focus on Carl gradually taking over from an injured, probably  dying, Rick, while he (Carl) begins to show signs of madness.  Every indication is that he's turning into another Governor, possibly even eventually another Negan (who Carl killed, finally, in season 8).  In the series finale, Eugene starts babbling on about something, probably Trump, and Carl shots him in the knee.  After letting Eugene whine in pain for several seconds, Carl smiles broadly and shoots him in the head.  Twice.  And with that we know that everything is going to turn out okay in the end.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That's too bad. Carl is the one I have been looking forward to seeing him die. Arrogant little snot.

Silver Pines

« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2017, 12:31:27 am »
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That's too bad. Carl is the one I have been looking forward to seeing him die. Arrogant little snot.

@sneakypete, @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer is kidding.  No one knows what's going to happen in season 8, much less 9.

Carl is my boy.  He's a stone cold killer, that one. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2017, 12:35:56 am »
3 minute teaser from new season if you like

from r/thewalkingdead

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/7773zx/8x01_mercy_first_3_minutes/

ETA: Language warning if you read the comments.

@Meldrew, thank you!  What I see here looks pretty good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2017, 12:55:31 am »
@sneakypete, @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer is kidding.  No one knows what's going to happen in season 8, much less 9.

Carl is my boy.  He's a stone cold killer, that one.

@CatherineofAragon

That he is.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2017, 01:04:55 am »
@Freya

The Zombies are a little scary at first. After all,Zombies are SUPPOSED to be scary.

Then you start to realize they are just a "vehicle" to attract views to a show that is about nothing less than "the end of the world as we know it" due to any sort of catastrophe,and what the survivors have to go through and the adjustments they will have to make to survive and bring back civilization.

You don't have to watch it long to figure out the other humans are a LOT scarier than the zombies. Hell,the Zombies have the IQ of roaches,and just stumble along at a slow walk. You don't even have to run from them,and they are very easy to kill because they don't even attempt to block any blows.

What they do is pull in the younger viewers who have no clue about survival and MAYBE get a few to contemplate it.

I decided to watch it for the first time around season 4 because I was bored and so many people were ranting about how good it is. Zombies ain't my thing and I couldn't imagine me being interested in a show about them,but damned if the acting,writing,and production wasn't so good that it pulled me right in and I ended up binge-watching it until I was up to date. In fact,it was so good I didn't even realize it wasn't about Zombies until after I had watched a couple of seasons,and then it "clicked".

You just told my own story here, right down to thinking I don’t do zombies so why watch? Then I watched and couldn’t get enough of zombies. LOL.

Are season 7 spoilers allowed? I can’t wait till Rick grabs Lucy and beats Negan’s brains to mush with it. Negan is the quintessential movie villain and I love hating him. I’ve got four more episodes to finish out this season. Gee, since I don’t want to know what happens next I guess I’ll leave now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2017, 01:27:20 am »
You just told my own story here, right down to thinking I don’t do zombies so why watch? Then I watched and couldn’t get enough of zombies. LOL.

Are season 7 spoilers allowed? I can’t wait till Rick grabs Lucy and beats Negan’s brains to mush with it. Negan is the quintessential movie villain and I love hating him. I’ve got four more episodes to finish out this season. Gee, since I don’t want to know what happens next I guess I’ll leave now.

@aligncare, we won't spoil you.  I swear I can't wait until Negan dies.  Just the fact the his mouth will finally shut will be good enough for me.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2017, 02:51:25 am »

@aligncare, we won't spoil you.  I swear I can't wait until Negan dies.  Just the fact the his mouth will finally shut will be good enough for me.

He can't die until we have some Negan backstory. I'll bet he was an embittered high school gym teacher.  :finger:

Silver Pines

« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2017, 01:08:02 pm »
He can't die until we have some Negan backstory. I'll bet he was an embittered high school gym teacher.  :finger:

@Meldrew

Lol

I agree, I'd love to see an episode set aside for that.  And I'm one who normally doesn't like bottle eps.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #296 on: October 24, 2017, 02:42:42 pm »

Kinda like General Bethlehem in "The Postman". He was a copier repairman before the collapse of civilization.

Silver Pines

« Reply #297 on: October 24, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
I have to say, that was some superior firepower going on in the premiere.  Rick taking a Polaroid of Negan....lol.

Silver Pines

« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2017, 01:23:05 pm »
A couple of things: 

I want to know where they're getting all that ammo.

Jesus can die because he's an idiot and a dangerous liability.

Cool trick to bring back Morales.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2017, 05:26:12 pm »
A couple of things: 

I want to know where they're getting all that ammo.

Jesus can die because he's an idiot and a dangerous liability.

Cool trick to bring back Morales.

Good question about the ammo...I don't see anyone reloading, just a whole lot of "A-Team" type of effects with a few finally getting hit towards the end of the episode.
I can suspend reality for a bit, but that sequence was just a bit too much.
I agree about Jesus, especially after the kitchen scene.  Jesus is putting the entire plan in jeopardy by not killing saviors.  They now have to worry about an enemy in their midst and take care of them.
Ezekiel acting like a fool (positivity) in regards to tactics, pressing on even though they aren't supposed to because they've lost the element of surprise...appears that in the trailer for next episode they get surrounded by some group..."Garbage Pail Kids" maybe?