Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 67068 times)

Silver Pines

Re: The Walking Dead Thread
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2017, 03:08:37 am »
Fear The Walking Dead just went all in, mocking preppers, Christians, the Bible, and right-wingers all in one episode.  And Strand is still talking about the man he "loved".  I'm sick of hearing it; it turns my stomach.  And I'm about done with this poorly-written, uninteresting mess.r

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2017, 03:14:27 am »
Fear The Walking Dead just went all in, mocking preppers, Christians, the Bible, and right-wingers all in one episode.  And Strand is still talking about the man he "loved".  I'm sick of hearing it; it turns my stomach.  And I'm about done with this poorly-written, uninteresting mess.r

About the only thing I saw that I like is the return of the old guy and he's a former central American guerrilla torturer.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2017, 03:21:21 am »
I stopped watching.  You can too. ;)

Silver Pines

« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2017, 03:40:51 am »
About the only thing I saw that I like is the return of the old guy and he's a former central American guerrilla torturer.

Yeah, I did see that.  Otherwise it was one long political rant.  Wth is wrong with that flubbery pillow- faced Kirkman?  He must be trying to alienate half his audience.

Silver Pines

« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2017, 03:41:36 am »
I stopped watching.  You can too. ;)

Might as well.  My phone is more interesting, lol.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2017, 05:42:21 am »
I'm done...no more FTWD for me.  Was losing interest anyway...this just seals the deal.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2017, 12:09:36 pm »
I'm done...no more FTWD for me.  Was losing interest anyway...this just seals the deal.

@SZonian

They even made fun of someone having a pocket Constitution.  Oh, well, I read that the premiere was down 55% in ratings from last year,  so it's limping. 

I hope Daniel kills every one of the self-righteous jerks before it gets canceled.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2017, 05:16:48 pm »
@SZonian

They even made fun of someone having a pocket Constitution.  Oh, well, I read that the premiere was down 55% in ratings from last year,  so it's limping. 

I hope Daniel kills every one of the self-righteous jerks before it gets canceled.
@CatherineofAragon

It's unfortunate because I thought the show really had promise in the beginning...the denial, the realization and then the response.  But no...they decided to go full libtard and mock those who had the foresight, no, the temerity to actually plan for TEOTWAWKI...and to pile on with regards to faith, mocking "Bible study" and then the "good Christian kids" going into the bunker to get high.  :shrug:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
@CatherineofAragon

It's unfortunate because I thought the show really had promise in the beginning...the denial, the realization and then the response.  But no...they decided to go full libtard and mock those who had the foresight, no, the temerity to actually plan for TEOTWAWKI...and to pile on with regards to faith, mocking "Bible study" and then the "good Christian kids" going into the bunker to get high.  :shrug:

@SZonian

I agree, I thought it was fairly good in the beginning.  It was no Walking Dead, but I didn't expect it to be, and I've given it every chance.

For me the last straw was Alicia's sarcastic "Praise Jesus." 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:05 pm »
@SZonian

I agree, I thought it was fairly good in the beginning.  It was no Walking Dead, but I didn't expect it to be, and I've given it every chance.

For me the last straw was Alicia's sarcastic "Praise Jesus."
Yep, me as well...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2017, 08:29:11 pm »
I've also decided to punt on it since last week's episode.  Heck, the showrunner Erickson was pretty open about wanting this to be a very "diverse" show, so he was coming at it with a social justice warrior perspective right from the start.  Mocking/demonizing the military, for example.

But last week....  That girl was absolutely terrified that she was going to have to hang out with religious kids, but once it was clear they were just there to mock religion and smoke dope, the happy vibes started.  I suppose that's what comes from living in a bubble -- the showrunner is so convinced that his own views are the ones held by everyone else that he doesn't even see the possibility that he might alienate a huge chunk of the audience.  Oh well....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:11:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2017, 06:44:49 pm »

‘Walking Dead’ Stuntman John Bernecker Dies From Injuries In On-Set Fall

Via Twitter
by David Robb
July 14, 2017 6:30am

John Bernecker, the stuntman who suffered massive head injuries in a fall Wednesday on the set of The Walking Dead, has died at Atlanta Medical Center.

The death was confirmed to Deadline by Coweta County Coroner Richard Hawk, who said Bernecker died of blunt force trauma at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday. A source at the hospital told Deadline earlier that Bernecker had been placed on a ventilator while his family made arrangements.

Federal workplace monitor OSHA and SAG-AFTRA, the union that represents stunt performers, have launched investigations into the accident.

It’s believed to be the first stunt-related death in the United States in more than 17 years. AMC said earlier today that it temporarily halted production on Season 8 of the zombie apocalypse series in the wake of the accident.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/walking-dead-stuntman-dead-john-bernecker-on-set-fall-1202128636/
Excerpt. Read more at
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »

I report, you decide, lol.  I'll see the premiere before I judge it, and the article does say that other critics have given it favorable reviews.  I guess we shall see.

Either way, I'm in until the end.

'The Walking Dead' (Spoiler-Free) Review: Season 8 Premiere Is A Total Mess

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/10/10/the-walking-dead-season-8-premiere-is-a-confusing-frustrating-mess/#18d9abfc767c

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2017, 07:09:12 pm »
Is this show scary? I don't like scary shows
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2017, 08:04:19 pm »

@Freya

It's about the survival of a group of survivors after a zombie apocalypse.  I'm like a lot of the show's viewers---not into the zombie thing, but we watch it for the human drama, which is really good.  At this point, the zombies are just kind of a backdrop.  One or two might pop up, but that's it.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2017, 08:39:11 pm »
Right now my life is scary enough. I might pass on zombies. I'll give it a try when I'm a little happier

Thanks Cathy, ❤️
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:39:32 pm by Freya »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2017, 09:53:15 am »

@Freya

The Zombies are a little scary at first. After all,Zombies are SUPPOSED to be scary.

Then you start to realize they are just a "vehicle" to attract views to a show that is about nothing less than "the end of the world as we know it" due to any sort of catastrophe,and what the survivors have to go through and the adjustments they will have to make to survive and bring back civilization.

You don't have to watch it long to figure out the other humans are a LOT scarier than the zombies. Hell,the Zombies have the IQ of roaches,and just stumble along at a slow walk. You don't even have to run from them,and they are very easy to kill because they don't even attempt to block any blows.

What they do is pull in the younger viewers who have no clue about survival and MAYBE get a few to contemplate it.

I decided to watch it for the first time around season 4 because I was bored and so many people were ranting about how good it is. Zombies ain't my thing and I couldn't imagine me being interested in a show about them,but damned if the acting,writing,and production wasn't so good that it pulled me right in and I ended up binge-watching it until I was up to date. In fact,it was so good I didn't even realize it wasn't about Zombies until after I had watched a couple of seasons,and then it "clicked".
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:54:08 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:53 am »

@Freya

A more direct and shorter answer  is that the show is more "suspenseful" than scary.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2017, 09:57:39 am »
Right now my life is scary enough. I might pass on zombies. I'll give it a try when I'm a little happier

Thanks Cathy, ❤️

@Freya

As for the Zombies,imagine a supporting cast of slightly smarter than normal Dims.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2017, 10:09:09 am »
@Freya

As for the Zombies,imagine a supporting cast of slightly smarter than normal Dims.

Ok!       :silly:

Thanks @sneakypete

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2017, 08:29:49 pm »
Only 8 TWD "specials" until the season premier!

[Not including Talking, I quit recording that when I quit watching Fear, so I don't know if they're doing any]
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2017, 08:34:53 pm »
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon

Right now and for a day or so before today, they are showing The Walking Dead from the time it started.  I have that on while working on a book proposal for an agent.  I would rather have that on than listen to Trump on TV all day long.

The Walking Dead has a two hour intro one on Oct. 22. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:04 pm »
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon

Right now and for a day or so before today, they are showing The Walking Dead from the time it started.  I have that on while working on a book proposal for an agent.  I would rather have that on than listen to Trump on TV all day long.

Thanks @Victoria33 , my "other" mom ❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2017, 12:21:31 am »
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon

@Victoria33

It's airing now?  Well, but I guess they would have to start a week early to get 8 years worth of episodes in. 

At least there will be something to watch for the next week, if I want.   Except that it seems every time I turn on a TWD marathon I land on those damn hospital/Beth episodes.

Silver Pines

« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2017, 12:23:54 am »
Only 8 TWD "specials" until the season premier!

[Not including Talking, I quit recording that when I quit watching Fear, so I don't know if they're doing any]

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I was weak and started watching Fear The Walking Dead again.  And something incredible happened.  The last few episodes were really good---I mean seriously, edge of your seat good.  I hardly believe it.