Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 67069 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: The Walking Dead Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2017, 06:38:32 pm »
Okay, I know the guys probably weren't thrilled with last night's episode, but as a Rick/Michonne shipper, I really enjoyed it.

"Glenn saved me but I couldn't save him."

Meh.  All the great special effects and then the whole deer thing looked like junk to me.  And not even for one second did I think it was Rick being eaten.  I felt like this was just a lot of filler.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2017, 06:59:56 pm »
Meh.  All the great special effects and then the whole deer thing looked like junk to me.  And not even for one second did I think it was Rick being eaten.  I felt like this was just a lot of filler.

@RoosGirl

I need to go back and look at the deer again; Spoil the Dead posters are saying it was terrible CGI.

Filler, no doubt, but I love me some Richonne.   How many more episodes are left?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »

I could see what was coming with the deer.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »
I think Eugene is still loyal to Rick's group.  That video game he was playing "Yars Revenge", involves the "hero" trying to infiltrate the enemy base to fire a deadly shot and kill the enemy leader.  I don't think Eugene himself will shoot Negan, but I think some of the ammo Eugene makes may malfunction at a critical time....

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2017, 09:03:28 pm »
I think Eugene is still loyal to Rick's group.  That video game he was playing "Yars Revenge", involves the "hero" trying to infiltrate the enemy base to fire a deadly shot and kill the enemy leader.  I don't think Eugene himself will shoot Negan, but I think some of the ammo Eugene makes may malfunction at a critical time....

@Maj. Bill Martin

Hmmm, that's interesting.  I could see that happening.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 09:59:56 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Hmmm, that's interesting.  I could see that happening.

I personally think Dwight will end up taking out Neegan quite possibly with Eugene's help.

That odd little interaction between them at the end of last week's episode got it in my head.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 03:27:35 am »
@RoosGirl

I need to go back and look at the deer again; Spoil the Dead posters are saying it was terrible CGI.

Filler, no doubt, but I love me some Richonne.   How many more episodes are left?

Not sure how many more episodes.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure the deer would have looked better if it were two people (one front and one back) in a deer costume.  At least it would have looked like it was actually there instead of some weird hovering in the space kind of thing that it looked like the way they did it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 08:19:02 am »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 03:19:43 pm »
I personally think Dwight will end up taking out Neegan quite possibly with Eugene's help.

That odd little interaction between them at the end of last week's episode got it in my head.

@Cripplecreek

That could be.  They're definitely going to be up to something together.  I'm going to hope that Maggie or Rick will take him out, whenever it comes.  Hell, even Carl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 03:20:39 pm »
Saw this and thought of you all.  :tongue2:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,252863.msg1252784.html#msg1252784

@EC, thank you!

I'm just going to say it...if Kirkman wanted to go hog-wild, he should have spent some more money on CGI.  Shiva just doesn't look real at all.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 04:13:01 pm »

I definitely think Dwight is going to be instrumental in taking down Negan.  I just think Eugene will have a role in that as well.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:17 am »
Looks like Morgan's days as a pacifist are over.

"I'm gonna kill em 1 by 1".

Silver Pines

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2017, 02:11:58 am »
Looks like Morgan's days as a pacifist are over.

"I'm gonna kill em 1 by 1".

We're getting ready to watch now, but I read spoilers, so....it's about freaking time.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2017, 02:14:53 am »
We're getting ready to watch now, but I read spoilers, so....it's about freaking time.

Crazy episode.

Be sure to watch Talking Dead too. Michael Rooker (Merle) is on

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2017, 02:39:30 am »
Crazy episode.

Be sure to watch Talking Dead too. Michael Rooker (Merle) is on

YES!

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2017, 03:46:19 am »
I knew that kid was a redshirt the first time I saw him.  It's really too bad.  Richard, though...no big loss.

Silver Pines

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2017, 06:50:03 pm »
The Saviors used up precious gas to drive over and pick up one melon.  When we know they're in walking distance, because the long-haired Savior had to walk back home from the Kingdom.

The melon was wearing a seatbelt.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2017, 06:53:53 pm »
The Saviors used up precious gas to drive over and pick up one melon.  When we know they're in walking distance, because the long-haired Savior had to walk back home from the Kingdom.

The melon was wearing a seatbelt.

And now Morgan is angry and fixin to go to war and I think Carol will be going to war as well.

Silver Pines

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2017, 10:24:56 pm »
And now Morgan is angry and fixin to go to war and I think Carol will be going to war as well.

@Cripplecreek

The writers have ruined Carol for me by turning her into such an insufferable bitch.  I'm glad to see she'll be doing something useful, though.

I'm glad Morgan is back and I hope he won't backslide into pacifism.  I couldn't believe it when he choked Richard!  The Savior guy was so freaked out that he jumped back a little when Morgan approached him, lol.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2017, 10:48:45 pm »
@Cripplecreek

The writers have ruined Carol for me by turning her into such an insufferable bitch.  I'm glad to see she'll be doing something useful, though.

I'm glad Morgan is back and I hope he won't backslide into pacifism.  I couldn't believe it when he choked Richard!  The Savior guy was so freaked out that he jumped back a little when Morgan approached him, lol.

I think we're about to get the old Carol back.

I think what drove Morgan to abandon the pacifism was the realization that the situation was unnatural and causing people like Richard to attempt to sacrifice themselves and getting innocent people killed. I don't think he killed Richard out of anger at Richard so much as it was anger at the whole situation. I think he was angry at the realization that his pacifism wasn't going to save anyone so he intends to kill all the saviors on his own.

I actually have sympathy for Richard. I get it. He lost everything and every attempt to fight back was blocked as he was forced to kiss the Savior's asses again and again and again. I think this is what finally got through to Morgan. These people are being driven insane by repeatedly being forced to turn the other cheek.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2017, 11:23:44 pm »
Richard told Morgan that he was wanting to sacrifice himself. He also said that what they needed to do was convince the Saviors that "They get it". And then kill them. So Morgan put two and two together and followed Richard's plan.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2017, 05:57:20 pm »
Richard told Morgan that he was wanting to sacrifice himself. He also said that what they needed to do was convince the Saviors that "They get it". And then kill them. So Morgan put two and two together and followed Richard's plan.
I think it was also to avenge his protégé...Benjamin's last words cut through Morgan and caused him to regress a bit.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2017, 10:01:58 pm »
I think we're about to get the old Carol back.

I think what drove Morgan to abandon the pacifism was the realization that the situation was unnatural and causing people like Richard to attempt to sacrifice themselves and getting innocent people killed. I don't think he killed Richard out of anger at Richard so much as it was anger at the whole situation. I think he was angry at the realization that his pacifism wasn't going to save anyone so he intends to kill all the saviors on his own.

I actually have sympathy for Richard. I get it. He lost everything and every attempt to fight back was blocked as he was forced to kiss the Savior's asses again and again and again. I think this is what finally got through to Morgan. These people are being driven insane by repeatedly being forced to turn the other cheek.

@Cripplecreek

I think Morgan had also developed a bond with Ben and was really overcome when he realized how stupid his death was---gone for no reason, over a cantaloupe.  When Morgan asked Richard if he had talked to Ezekiel, and he brushed it off with, "Nah, later", the expression on Morgan's face wasn't a pleased one.

I'm not without sympathy for Richard and what he went through, and Ezekiel did need a fire lit under him.  But damn, that plan was reckless. 

Silver Pines

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2017, 10:30:18 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I'm not without sympathy for Richard and what he went through, and Ezekiel did need a fire lit under him.  But damn, that plan was reckless.

@CatherineofAragon

I think that recklessness is exactly why Morgan is going to try to kill the saviors. He thinks he can prevent a war by killing the saviors himself. Unfortunately that's pretty damn reckless of Morgan. He hasn't encountered the Saviors at their worst. He's never encountered Neegan or Neegan's 2nd in command.

The Savior that is in charge of the meetings with the Kingdom is kind of interesting. He's an ass but it seems like his heart isn't in it. He's just trying to do his job and doesn't want any more crap from his own people than from the Kingdom.

I've also noticed that Neegan doesn't go to Hilltop or the Kingdom. I wonder if there's some significance to that.