Author Topic: FBI rejected WH request to deny contacts between Trump advisers and Russian officials: report  (Read 2273 times)

geronl

The FBI rejected a recent request by the White House to dispute media reports that Trump campaign officials had regular contacts with Russian intelligence officials before the election, CNN has reported.

The revelation comes days after White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said during a weekend television interview that senior intelligence officials assured him that there were not significant contacts between Trump advisers and Russian agents.

Priebus said on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday that a story in The New York Times reporting contacts by four senior Trump advisers "was total baloney."

But CNN reported Thursday, citing "multiple U.S. officials briefed on the matter," that the FBI declined to publicly corroborate Priebus despite a rare request from the White House to do so. The New York Times and CNN reported last week that Trump campaign aides and associates were in touch with Russian intel officials during the campaign.

Rep. Andr  Carson (D-Ind.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, told CNN that it "exacerbates the air of suspicion" around the administration.

The report of White House communications with the FBI during a pending investigation into Russia's influence on the 2016 presidential election could raise questions about whether the contacts violated restrictions established to insulate such probes from political influence
excerpted

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbi-rejected-wh-request-to-deny-contacts-between-trump-advisers-and-russian-officials-report/ar-AAnhtKs?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Trump is trying to use the FBI to kill stories? lol. He really wishes he were King.

Wingnut

Just saw your  post and your sig.

"Idiot, Moron, Troll, Snowflake, Unchristian, Liberal, Commie Pinko Fag... etc etc"

Seems about right.  So Little feller....Why are you still here?

geronl

Seems about right.  So Little feller....Why are you still here?

Because the lies people call me aren't going to stop me.

Wingnut

So you are going to tear it down. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This should be good.

This Russia thing is just gonna keep dripping for Trump.

In the meantime he'll be driven close to nuts.

Stock up on popcorn.

:eatdrink:

Offline anubias

So you are going to tear it down.

That's exactly what he is trying to accomplish.

Wingnut

That's exactly what he is trying to accomplish.

The poor kid has a persecution complex.  No one takes him seriously.

Offline anubias

The poor kid has a persecution complex.  No one takes him seriously.

He left out "Poo-flinging monkey".  I believe I saw that one recently.

Wingnut

He left out "Poo-flinging monkey".  I believe I saw that one recently.

Well,  he Flings better than he catches!

Offline Frank Cannon

Well by all means. Keep on spiraling off the rails for my entertainment. You are the Slappy White of TBR.

Oceander

Guys, why not lay off?  You've made your points. 

• Technical
Guys, why not lay off?  You've made your points.

They want their safe space.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Trump is trying to use the FBI to kill stories? lol. He really wishes he were King.

Obama did the same thing. Wrong then and wrong now.

I wonder how long it will be before he gets caught spying on reporters.

• Technical
Obama did the same thing. Wrong then and wrong now.

I wonder how long it will be before he gets caught spying on reporters.

So did Clinton.

Offline Cripplecreek

So did Clinton.

And now he's going to attack the FBI. Apparently he's mad that they aren't acting as his personal Stasi.

Offline Frank Cannon

They want their safe space.

Really? It looks to me like Wing and I are not ashamed to punch you Snowflake Hitlary voters in the face on any thread that we feel like. We are not hiding in any section of the forum nor are we asking for our own place.

BTW, the World Workers Party site has some great Trump bashing pieces you can post so you can show everyone what a troll you are with mother issues.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
This is simply CNN's latest salvo in the War on Trump.

FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/fbi-refused-white-house-request-to-knock-down-recent-trump-russia-stories/index.html

CNN has previously reported that there was constant communication between high-level advisers to then-candidate Trump, Russian officials and other Russians known to US intelligence during the summer of 2016.

snip
------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, the only way they could "know" this is via leaks from our spies; and the spies could be (most likely are) liars. But, once again, it's not the truth that matters, it's the seriousness of the charge.

• Technical
And now he's going to attack the FBI. Apparently he's mad that they aren't acting as his personal Stasi.

**nononono*

• Technical
This is simply CNN's latest salvo in the War on Trump.

FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/fbi-refused-white-house-request-to-knock-down-recent-trump-russia-stories/index.html

CNN has previously reported that there was constant communication between high-level advisers to then-candidate Trump, Russian officials and other Russians known to US intelligence during the summer of 2016.

snip
------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, the only way they could "know" this is via leaks from our spies; and the spies could be (most likely are) liars. But, once again, it's not the truth that matters, it's the seriousness of the charge.

Why didn't Trump deny it? Doesn't sound like he did.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Why didn't Trump deny it? Doesn't sound like he did.

Deny what? Try to understand the big picture here, Mr Weird. Trump does not posses the "rollover" gene in his DNA.

Anyhow, isn't there a town hall for you to attend?

• Technical

Awwww po widdle snowfwake wants a Trump safe space. That's cute.

Trump needs to address this.

Offline Cripplecreek

Deny what? Try to understand the big picture here, Mr Weird. Trump does not posses the "rollover" gene in his DNA.

I have every intent to attend any townhall meeting my congressman holds.  He knows me by name and he knows I'm no liberal.

Its not my fault you voted for a traitor.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Awwww po widdle snowfwake wants a Trump safe space. That's cute.

Trump needs to address this.

Address WHAT? You're just flailing about. If you want to be the NeverTrump mouthpiece, please step up your game a little.

• Technical
Address WHAT? You're just flailing about. If you want to be the NeverTrump mouthpiece, please step up your game a little.

I'm interested in the truth. I'll post whatever articles I want and you will like it. Are we clear?

Offline anubias

I have every intent to attend any townhall meeting my congressman holds.  He knows me by name and he knows I'm no liberal.

Its not my fault you voted for a traitor.

Pot meet kettle.