Author Topic: Boehner: ObamaCare repeal and replace 'not going to happen'  (Read 1525 times)

Offline corbe

Boehner: ObamaCare repeal and replace 'not going to happen'
« on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:23 pm »
Boehner: ObamaCare repeal and replace 'not going to happen'

By Peter Sullivan - 02/23/17 11:20 AM EST   

Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Thursday that a full repeal and replacement of ObamaCare is “not going to happen.”

Instead, Boehner said at a healthcare conference in Florida that Republicans will end up making smaller changes to the law.

“[Congressional Republicans are] going to fix Obamacare — I shouldn’t call it repeal-and-replace, because it’s not going to happen,” Boehner said, according to Politico. 

The comments are striking, coming from someone who led Republican opposition to ObamaCare for years.

“Most of the framework of the Affordable Care Act … that’s going to be there,” Boehner reportedly said at the conference, adding that “Republicans never ever agree on healthcare.”

Republicans are running into strong headwinds as they look to repeal and replace the law. Angry constituents are confronting lawmakers at town halls, worried about losing care, and Republicans are divided on key issues like what to do with ObamaCare’s expansion of Medicaid.

<..snip..>

http://www.thehill.com/policy/healthcare/320814-boehner-obamacare-repeal-and-replace-not-going-to-happen

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Boehner: ObamaCare repeal and replace 'not going to happen'
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:39 pm »

Boehner: Republicans won't repeal and replace Obamacare

He says talk in November about lightning-fast passage of a new health care framework was wildly optimistic.

By Darius Tahir

02/23/17 11:04 AM EST

Updated 02/23/17 11:46 AM EST

Former House Speaker John Boehner predicted on Thursday that a full repeal and replace of Obamacare is “not going to happen.”

Boehner, who resigned in 2015 amid unrest among conservatives, said at an Orlando health care conference that the idea that a repeal-and-replace plan would blitz through Congress is just “happy talk.”

Instead, he said changes to former President Barack Obama’s signature legislative achievement would likely be relatively modest.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/john-boehner-obamacare-republicans-235303
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:38:52 pm »
No big shock.  Too many people wanted something for nothing.

They don't want the individual mandate, but they also want people to pay into the system.

They don't want coverage for everyone, but they don't want people dead in the streets.

They want hospitals to treat people without coverage, but they don't want hospitals closing because they can't afford it.

They want ever-advanced care, but want to pay 1990s prices.

Everyone has to ask himself what the framework should be, in toto...not just the limited idea of removing Obamacare, as the previous system wasn't working, either.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 05:48:23 pm »
And so the country continues to die, a little at a time.   **nononono*
Let it burn.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 05:48:38 pm »
Then republicans had better prepare to kiss their majority goodbye sometimes soon.

Nothing, perhaps besides punting on fixing illegal immigration, will deflate enthusiasm for their leadership faster than flaking out on repealing the ACA.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 05:53:35 pm »
Why is Boner at the event?

Lobbying?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 05:55:49 pm »
The Speaker of the House has spoken. It is now officially settled law. No need to vote for any GOP House members in the future because all the hard work is over.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:11:19 pm »
If true, it's too bad that they're chicks ing out from doing the hard work of bringing some sanity back.  And they will lose their majority. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »
I'm sort of on the side of letting it continue.  That's the only way most people are ever going to see what a &%^$$^ it is.  Consequences are a b***h.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 06:29:28 pm »
I didn't believe anything Boehner has said in the past, why would I believe anything he says now?  :shrug:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 06:36:12 pm »
But hey if we vote for them again they'll get it done. After all they promised again...  ****sheep****
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 06:38:19 pm »
Dear Mr. Bonehead:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:41:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »

The comments are striking, coming from someone who led Republican opposition to ObamaCare for years.

Oh, he was the one that led to charge to defunded it and shut down the government while doing so?

Right.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:49:32 pm by rodamala »

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 12:01:24 am »
"The comments are striking, coming from someone who led Republican opposition to ObamaCare for years."

When did that happen? I must have missed it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 01:01:01 am »
boehner is a POS
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 01:20:33 am »
Thank God that people kept electing this guy. I'm sure he didn't do his best to sabotage conservative efforts while in office.

THANK GOD FOR HIM!!!!!

/No natter what liberal voter

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 01:27:59 am »
Thank God that people kept electing this guy. I'm sure he didn't do his best to sabotage conservative efforts while in office.

THANK GOD FOR HIM!!!!!

This is what Ted Cruz accused Mitch McConnell of lying about

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 01:30:14 am »
This is what Ted Cruz accused Mitch McConnell of lying about

Yea but Lyin' Ted can't be trusted. His father tried killing JFK! Did you know, his wife worked for Goldman Sachs? imagine! 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 02:00:01 am »

THANK GOD FOR HIM!!!!!

I don't think you can blame God for this.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 02:05:41 am »
I don't think you can blame God for this.

And I don't. The - o n l y - people to blame are the idiots that insisted across several elections that this guy keep going back to DC "No matter what"... because the Dem giving Obama everything Obama wanted was somehow different than a Republican doing it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:06:15 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline bilo

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:14 am »
Then republicans had better prepare to kiss their majority goodbye sometimes soon.

Nothing, perhaps besides punting on fixing illegal immigration, will deflate enthusiasm for their leadership faster than flaking out on repealing the ACA.

You are so right. I contribute to campaigns and I vote. If Congress doesn't follow through on repealing obamacare, which they exempted themselves from, I'll never support any of them again.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 04:24:48 am »
Not to worry. Boehner has John McCain disease. He will criticize and downplay anything and everything Trump does no matter what it is. McCain and Boehner are peas in a pod. They are both hardcore establishment types and still cannot digest the idea that Trump got elected. They are still in shock.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 04:28:44 am »
Not to worry. Boehner has John McCain disease. He will criticize and downplay anything and everything Trump does no matter what it is. McCain and Boehner are peas in a pod. They are both hardcore establishment types and still cannot digest the idea that Trump got elected. They are still in shock.

Someone has pictures of Boehner in bed with a live boy or a dead girl.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 04:34:11 am »
boehner is a POS

That's some pretty harsh language about our Speaker of the House. That's the type of incendiary language Sean Hannity uses.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 05:05:33 am »
Does Boehner even look like someone you can believe?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.