Author Topic: America’s Worst (and Best) Sci-Fi Movie Presidents  (Read 567 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
America’s Worst (and Best) Sci-Fi Movie Presidents
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:46 pm »
President’s Day is upon us, which means it’s time to cook the turkey, exchange gifts, and check out the fireworks. Just kidding. Nobody really celebrates President’s Day, except for maybe getting the day off work, but I think it’s about time we did. And what’s the best way to do that, you may be wondering? By remembering the worst, and a few of the best, presidents from science fiction movies.

Most of the time, presidents in science fiction are pretty terrible. This is partly due to the fact that a lot of sci-fi takes place in dystopian times, which naturally are governed by horrible tyrants. Other sci-fi events, like worldwide disasters or alien invasions, tend to bring out the worst or the best in the country’s presidents as well. So take a look below at the worst characters ever to lead the United States in a sci-fi movie, along with the select few who actually did a decent job.

Worst – Coriolanus Snow, The Hunger Games
president snow
Lionsgate

Technically he’s President of Panem, since the U.S. no longer exists, but man oh man is he terrible. Not only does he keep the masses poor and powerless, he also runs a game show that forces their children to kill each other. He’s also weirdly obsessed with flowers.

Worst – James Dale, Mars Attacks!
mars attacks
Warner Bros.

He may not be evil, but his ineptitude nearly leads to the destruction of Earth by the invading Martians.

Read more: http://www.comettv.com/2017/02/americas-worst-and-best-sci-fi-movie-presidents/

While it's a bit of fun, I seriously disagree with the rating given to Pres. Carmacho
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink