Author Topic: McDonald's restaurants across the US are shutting down for a 'Day Without Immigrants' protest  (Read 6731 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Makes you wonder what a future with them in charge will be like.....makes me glad that I'm old and I got to live my life when I did.  Kids today will probably never get to experience the things we did.  Makes me sad.

Think I'll get a couple of USB ports installed next time I'm under the scalpel. Who knows, might make a difference ...  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Think I'll get a couple of USB ports installed next time I'm under the scalpel. Who knows, might make a difference ...  :tongue2:

:laugh:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@alicewonders

It really is sad.  I think a lot of them are willing to settle for less money as long as they don't have to work hard. 

I hope we don't have to deal with a shortage of skilled tradesmen someday, but the way it's going...

The pendulum will swing back.  Times will get tough, they'll have to adapt and work hard and they'll wonder why their grandchildren are so feckless.   ....Or, not.  We may, on the other hand, create a permanent, impermeable underclass that have enough to eat and be entertained, but know little, aspire to nothing and succeed at it.  The first is what we have seen throughout history - whenever things get too easy they suddenly become hard.  But, we may be breaking new ground here.   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@alicewonders

It really is sad.  I think a lot of them are willing to settle for less money as long as they don't have to work hard. 

I hope we don't have to deal with a shortage of skilled tradesmen someday, but the way it's going...

The market will take care of it.

Agree 100% on employment in the trades. Work seems more interesting too.