Author Topic: FBI, IRS raid state Senator's office!  (Read 880 times)

geronl

FBI, IRS raid state Senator's office!
« on: February 17, 2017, 12:29:49 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-irs-raid-state-sen-carlos-urestis-san-antonio-law-office/ar-AAn1bjC?OCID=ansmsnnews11

FBI and IRS agents descended on the San Antonio law offices of state Sen. Carlos Uresti on Thursday morning, confiscating documents and other items in connection with the senator's involvement in a now-defunct San Antonio oil field services company accused of fraud, and other matters.

"I can confirm the FBI and IRS are lawfully present and conducting a lawful law enforcement activity," said FBI spokeswoman Michelle Lee. She said no arrests had been made.

Uresti was not at his law office when the raid occurred; he is in Austin, where the Texas Legislature is in session. The Senate is adjourned until 11 a.m. Tuesday, but staff said Uresti was at meetings in the capital city.

"Today, FBI agents are in my office, reviewing our documents as part of their broad investigation of the FourWinds matter," Uresti said in a prepared statement. "I have instructed my staff to fully cooperate with the federal investigators. I will help them in whatever way I can."

His son Carlos Uresti Jr. was seen at the site, sources said

excerpted

See what's missing? If it's not mentioned in the first paragraph or headline, it's a Democrat.