Author Topic: Disabled veteran attacked after defending turtle  (Read 316 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Disabled veteran attacked after defending turtle
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:56:22 am »
No, not Mitch.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Three young men are behind bars after Daytona Beach Police say they injured a disabled veteran and tortured a turtle.

“He had the turtle like this, slamming it down. Somebody has cleaned up the side walk now. It was covered in blood,” said Gary Blough.

The disabled Navy veteran says his wife had taken their toddler to get them mail when the two came back crying hysterically Tuesday afternoon.

“They said there was three guys out here killing at turtle,” said Blough.

He says when he walked outside, three guys were torturing the animal.

“To see the guy throwing the turtle down on its shell as hard as he could and they were kicking the turtle that way, away from the lake away from the pond,” said Blough.

He says he asked the guys to leave it alone, then tried helping the turtle back to the water.

“While I had my head turned two of them started hitting me in the back of the head and punching me. Next thing I know we’re in a scuffle and I’m fighting three of them at the same time defending myself.”

He says the three men punched him, got him on the ground then kicked him repeatedly.  His eye is still purple and severely swollen.

More: http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/235937350-story
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink