Author Topic: Former Obama State Dept Official Explains Why They Never Said ‘Radical Islam’  (Read 1858 times)

rangerrebew

Former Obama State Dept Official Explains Why They Never Said ‘Radical Islam’
Photo of Jonah Bennett
Jonah Bennett
National Security/Politics Reporter
11:28 AM 02/13/2017

A former Department of State official confessed Monday that the reason no one in the Obama administration referred to certain acts of terror as “radical Islam” is because they were scared of alienating Muslim allies.

In an op-ed written for The New York Times, Richard Stengel, who previously served as under secretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, said there was a very clear reason no one could–or did–label various acts of terror as the product of “radical Islam” and instead used the much less loaded term “violent extremism.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/13/former-obama-state-dept-official-explains-why-they-never-said-radical-islam/#ixzz4YhVpB4BP

Offline Norm Lenhart

So they were allied with radical islam by their own admission.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Former Obama State Dept Official Explains Why They Never Said ‘Radical Islam’
Photo of Jonah Bennett
Jonah Bennett
National Security/Politics Reporter
11:28 AM 02/13/2017

A former Department of State official confessed Monday that the reason no one in the Obama administration referred to certain acts of terror as “radical Islam” is because they were scared of alienating Muslim allies.

In an op-ed written for The New York Times, Richard Stengel, who previously served as under secretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, said there was a very clear reason no one could–or did–label various acts of terror as the product of “radical Islam” and instead used the much less loaded term “violent extremism.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/13/former-obama-state-dept-official-explains-why-they-never-said-radical-islam/#ixzz4YhVpB4BP

That's the lamest excuse ever. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

There is no "radical Islam", it's all just Islam.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Being scared is one hell of a way to run a government.

That is, if you believe this line of bull crap. 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Aye.

Offline mountaineer

Being scared is one hell of a way to run a government.
And that's why Obama was a laughingstock to the rest of the civilized world: his America was just as sissified as he is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline endicom

"Can't anybody here play this game?" - Casey Stengel.

Offline The_Reader_David

Actually, I'm not happy with either the absurd "violent extremism" approach of pretending religion is not a factor, nor with calling the phenomenon "radical Islam". 'Radical' applied to a religion can indicate taking the religion very seriously, and thus using this name credits the claims of al Qaeda and the Daesh (a.k.a. IS, ISIL, ISIS) to be true expressions of Islam.  It is in the interests of pretty much everyone in the world, not just the US, not just our allies, not even just non-Muslim, for people to regard Islam as practiced by the Hashemite Kings of Jordan, the Aga Khan, and General al-Sisi in Egypt as the true expression of Islam.

The problem is the sound approach, speaking of salafist terrorism, salafi radicals, and the like requires actually knowing a little about Islam and adopting the terminology that Muslims use to describe the religious tendency underlying both al Qaeda and the Daesh.  Under no interpretation (unless a person is already a self-identified salafi) does it credit the terrorists with being the true expression of Islam as they claim, and it makes clear the underlying religious motivation of the terrorists.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Actually, I'm not happy with either the absurd "violent extremism" approach of pretending religion is not a factor, nor with calling the phenomenon "radical Islam". 'Radical' applied to a religion can indicate taking the religion very seriously, and thus using this name credits the claims of al Qaeda and the Daesh (a.k.a. IS, ISIL, ISIS) to be true expressions of Islam.  It is in the interests of pretty much everyone in the world, not just the US, not just our allies, not even just non-Muslim, for people to regard Islam as practiced by the Hashemite Kings of Jordan, the Aga Khan, and General al-Sisi in Egypt as the true expression of Islam.

The problem is the sound approach, speaking of salafist terrorism, salafi radicals, and the like requires actually knowing a little about Islam and adopting the terminology that Muslims use to describe the religious tendency underlying both al Qaeda and the Daesh.  Under no interpretation (unless a person is already a self-identified salafi) does it credit the terrorists with being the true expression of Islam as they claim, and it makes clear the underlying religious motivation of the terrorists.

@The_Reader_David
I agree Islam is a religion of hate that has directly lead to 1400 years of war and millions of deaths.   About 80% of the muslims in the world don't stictly adhere to the Islamic faith.  Most of them just want to live, have a family, and enjoy life.

Its the roughly 20% or about 300 million radical muslims that cause almost all of the problems.   These are the ones practicing islam like their Prophet did.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Now THAT canard is the way to alienate our Muslim allies. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hondo69

Deleted from the article for the sake of space:

Obama also refused to wear an American flag pin because he didn't like tiny holes in his suit.  He also renamed ISIS to ISIL because of a typo on a memo, then decided to just stick with it.  And he refused to meet with his State Department heads because they interrupted his afternoon nap.  And he handed over everything on Putin's wish list on a silver platter because he was embarrassed that Hillary's reset button spelled out "eat sh*t and die" in Russian.  And lastly he thought it wise to become the world's largest financial supporter of terrorism because they said they were short on cash.

Offline mountaineer

Obama also refused to wear an American flag pin because he didn't like tiny holes in his suit.  He also renamed ISIS to ISIL because of a typo on a memo, then decided to just stick with it.  And he refused to meet with his State Department heads because they interrupted his afternoon nap.  And he handed over everything on Putin's wish list on a silver platter because he was embarrassed that Hillary's reset button spelled out "eat sh*t and die" in Russian.  And lastly he thought it wise to become the world's largest financial supporter of terrorism because they said they were short on cash.
All that, and he was just about to say the phrase "radical Islam" when the phone rang and it was Nike wanting to know what size golf shoe he wanted, and he said whatever TW wears and could you send me a couple more sets of clubs because I keep wrapping them around trees and throwing them into lakes...  and then it was time for Pardon the Interruption and the whole topic of Islamic terrorism just slipped his mind.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@The_Reader_David
I agree Islam is a religion of hate that has directly lead to 1400 years of war and millions of deaths.   About 80% of the muslims in the world don't stictly adhere to the Islamic faith.  Most of them just want to live, have a family, and enjoy life.

Its the roughly 20% or about 300 million radical muslims that cause almost all of the problems.   These are the ones practicing islam like their Prophet did.

How does one effectively sort out the 20% from the rest?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

How does one effectively sort out the 20% from the rest?

Easy - they tend to gather all together in a tightly packed group in town squares several times a month so they can shoot their guns into the air.

Hmmmm - that gives me an idea . . .

Offline The_Reader_David

He also renamed ISIS to ISIL because of a typo on a memo, then decided to just stick with it.  [/i]

That is an absurd claim.  ISIL is an acronym for the correct English translation of the group's self-proclaimed name, which does not mention Syria in the Arabic, but mentions al Sham, the Arabic word for the Levant.  The British Foreign Office, which unlike State seems to have moderately competent orientalists on staff, always favored the correct translation and always used ISIL.  I, however, very much prefer the Arabic acronym Daesh, because I see no reason to English foreign organizations names before forming an acronym (we didn't do that with the FARC in Columbia, or the PKK or ETA or...), what's more the Arabic acronym enrages the followers of the false caliph al-Baghdadi, since it sounds rude in Arabic.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Now THAT canard is the way to alienate our Muslim allies.

Muslims do not ally with the infidel other than as a military tactic to subvert (Taqquya)or to grow stronger before attacking them. The Koran is very clear on that.

So just another day, another post from Jazzhead giving support to the people wanting to kill us.

Offline mountaineer

That is an absurd claim. 
Pretty sure it was a joke.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Muslims do not ally with the infidel other than as a military tactic to subvert (Taqquya)or to grow stronger before attacking them. The Koran is very clear on that.

So just another day, another post from Jazzhead giving support to the people wanting to kill us.

Converting a war against a few Islamofascists into a war against the greater Islamic faith is the surest way to get Americans killed.   It's exactly what the Islamofascists want us to do.   

Offline Norm Lenhart

Converting a war against a few Islamofascists into a war against the greater Islamic faith is the surest way to get Americans killed.   It's exactly what the Islamofascists want us to do.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That is an absurd claim.  ISIL is an acronym for the correct English translation of the group's self-proclaimed name, which does not mention Syria in the Arabic, but mentions al Sham, the Arabic word for the Levant.  The British Foreign Office, which unlike State seems to have moderately competent orientalists on staff, always favored the correct translation and always used ISIL.  I, however, very much prefer the Arabic acronym Daesh, because I see no reason to English foreign organizations names before forming an acronym (we didn't do that with the FARC in Columbia, or the PKK or ETA or...), what's more the Arabic acronym enrages the followers of the false caliph al-Baghdadi, since it sounds rude in Arabic.

@The_Reader_David

I read that ISIL was a reference to the target of destroying Isreal.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

So you want the same damn religious war the Islamofascists want.   Got it.   

Offline Norm Lenhart

So you want the same damn religious war the Islamofascists want.   Got it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

We must repeat this as many times as necessary  to get it to soak in!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

We must repeat this as many times as necessary  to get it to soak in!

It will never soak in to the pro-sharia propagandists. We can only hope the lurkers get a Koran and read the truth/reality for themselves.

But if they want to help America's enemies by helping promote a danger to it; if they want to help ensure the spread of Sharia and all it's wonders like female genital mutilation, burkas, strapping bombs to the retarded in the name of Allah and all that other fun stuff Muslims do, then I guess that's their call. Jazzy and his ilk can make all the excuses they want. Taqquyia exists for a reason. And for all we know, he is a muslim himself. 

Is he? Yes? No? How do we know? Lest we forget, TOS got a lot of traffic from India and other areas during the election according to their Alexa stats and every poster there CLAIMED to be a True Blue Patriot and a Rock Ribbed Conservative. Obviously THAT was a lie. Thats the problem with both Taquyia and online anonymous posting. No one really knows whose behind the moniker.

So we have to judge them by their 'fruits'. And when their 'fruit' is posting Pro-islam/Pro Choice/Pro Tranny/Pro lots of liberal ideals, people should decide for themselves.