Author Topic: Schumer warns Trump's attack on judge could impact Supreme Court confirmation  (Read 3601 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Schumer warns Trump's attack on judge could impact Supreme Court confirmation

By POLITICO Staff

02/04/17 11:06 AM EST

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer on Saturday warned that President Donald Trump’s attack on a federal judge who issued a broad block on his travel ban would firm Democratic resistance to his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

“The President's attack on Judge James Robart, a Bush appointee who passed with 99 votes, shows a disdain for an independent judiciary that doesn't always bend to his wishes and a continued lack of respect for the Constitution, making it more important that the Supreme Court serve as an independent check on the administration,” Schumer said in a statement.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/schumer-warns-trumps-attack-on-judge-could-impact-supreme-court-confirmation-234646
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Chuck ain't got sense enough to pour pi$$ out of a boot.
Even If the directions were printed on the heel.

Offline skeeter

... and Chuck was planning on being so reasonable at Gorsuch's hearing.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Chuck, in his capacity as MINORITY leader, reminds me of the little kid standing on a bridge with John Holmes taking a leak. John said "Damn that water is COLD!

"Deep too" said the boy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Like this is going to change his vote or tactics!  :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mom MD

Like this is going to change his vote or tactics!  :whistle:

Seriously.  He acts like the democrats were not going to oppose the nomination or something....
God is still in control

Offline Norm Lenhart

Seriously.  He acts like the democrats were not going to oppose the nomination or something....

He's an older guy set in his ways. Scripted politics fooled America for his whole career. Now that more people understand the theater of it, Chuck is like the buggywhip guy that insists that they are wrong, the car is a passing fad  and his product is still needed. He simply knows no other way.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump has nothing to lose when Chuckie keeps reminding him he's going to fight him every step of the way, no matter what it is he's trying to do.  Not much of a bargaining position when threats can't have any effect. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He's an older guy set in his ways. Scripted politics fooled America for his whole career. Now that more people understand the theater of it, Chuck is like the buggywhip guy that insists that they are wrong, the car is a passing fad  and his product is still needed. He simply knows no other way.

Yep!  That's about the size of it! 

Democrats STILL trying to win the 2017 super bowl with the 1939 playbook!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Verbally attacking a Federal Judge...yeah that's Presidential.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

Schumer goes straight for the triple-dog-dare.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump has nothing to lose when Chuckie keeps reminding him he's going to fight him every step of the way, no matter what it is he's trying to do.  Not much of a bargaining position when threats can't have any effect. :shrug:

If Trump is smart, he has staff collecting copies of all the print/video statements about it and will make some videos to play for the masses about where the obstruction in DC is coming from.

Then have another staffer rifle the archives for every comment the Dems made about GOP obstruction, and use them verbatim.

When the Dems howl, point out chapter, date and verse of Dem X saying EXACTLY the words that Dem Y is howling over.

Rinse, Repeat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah but the Democrats are professionals at obstructing the majority when they are the minority party in ways Senator Turtle could never imagine.

Trump is still missing a lot of people he needs for his administration... to now include a SecArmy nominee...if Schumer has the mind to they could delay confirmation from now til the start of the new fiscal year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yep!  That's about the size of it! 

Democrats STILL trying to win the 2017 super bowl with the 1939 playbook!

The Stanley Cup with two "Left Wings".

Wingnut

Yeah but the Democrats are professionals at obstructing the majority when they are the minority party in ways Senator Turtle could never imagine.

Trump is still missing a lot of people he needs for his administration... to now include a SecArmy nominee...if Schumer has the mind to they could delay confirmation from now til the start of the new fiscal year.

You worry too much.  Sit back.  Relax. Watch the show.  You will never see anything like this again in your life.  What is not to love!!

I'm so happy I could Dance!

Offline Norm Lenhart

You worry too much.  Sit back.  Relax. Watch the show.  You will never see anything like this again in your life.  What is not to love!!

In heels and a corset?

There's money in that.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
I'm getting tired of this.  Disagreeing with somebody is now an "attack".
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Wingnut

In heels and a corset?

There's money in that.

:pondering:  With @Frank Cannon....... :0001:

**nononono*

Offline Norm Lenhart

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Just seen the Dems in action for too many years to get too excited this early in the game.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Couldn't that be considered contempt?

In the case of this particular judge and this particular order contempt would be perfectly in order!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online dfwgator

I'm getting tired of this.  Disagreeing with somebody is now an "attack".

Really.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Couldn't that be considered contempt?

Not any more contemptuous than Obummer calling the SCOTUS Justices out for a decision he didn't like in a State of the Union address.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

:pondering:  With @Frank Cannon....... :0001:

**nononono*

Oh good grief; you made me look ... I didn't know that there was such a thing!!  **nononono* :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Oh good grief; you made me look ... I didn't know that there was such a thing!!  **nononono* :shrug:

Ping @CatherineofAragon !!!!!

The fringe must match his strappy pink heels.