Author Topic: In Tweetstorm, Trump Lashes Out At Iran And "Paid Protesters", Mocks Arnie, Thanks Australia PM, Attacks Fake News Media  (Read 1973 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03/tweetstorm-trump-lashes-out-iran-and-paid-protesters-mocks-arnie-thanks-australia-pm

In an early tweetstorm, President Trump fired off a volley of five (so far) tweets early on Friday morning, touching on all the key salient newsitems over the past 24 hours, including the ongoing feud with Schwarzenegger, the Australia PM phone call, the imminent round of Iranian sanctions, his upcoming meeting with business leaders and last but not least, the "professional anarchists" who foiled a speech by Milo Yiannopoulos at UC Berkeley. The good news for traders is that none of them appear to be particularly market moving or focusing on any specific company or part of the market.

The tweets in order as they came in:

Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a really bad job as Governor of California and even worse on the Apprentice...but at least he tried hard!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 3, 2017

Iran is playing with fire - they don't appreciate how "kind" President Obama was to them. Not me!

Thank you to Prime Minister of Australia for telling the truth about our very civil conversation that FAKE NEWS media lied about. Very nice!

Meeting with biggest business leaders this morning. Good jobs are coming back to U.S., health care and tax bills are being crafted NOW!

Professional anarchists, thugs and paid protesters are proving the point of the millions of people who voted to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Yesterday we showed a histogram of Trump's various tweeting hours, however it now appears that the 6-7am block will need to be revised, as it is rapidly becoming Trump's favorite tweeting hour.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I thought he wouldn't have time to tweet after he became President, if anything it seemed to free up his day.  :laugh:

Offline Night Hides Not

I thought he wouldn't have time to tweet after he became President, if anything it seemed to free up his day.  :laugh:

When Melania returns to the WH, perhaps she'll be able to calm him down. For now, she's doing a great impersonation of Bess Truman.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline SirLinksALot

You know, I have been very apprehensive of Trump tweeting after he was inaugurated, but after seeing so many instances where the media twists events to make things look a certain way ( mostly bad for Trump), I think I can appreciate the need for his tweeting.

The instance where Trump allegedly hanged up on the Australian Prime Minister after a supposedly rude and hostile exchange is just one example of how Trump had to by-pass the media to get things straightened out. He essentially confirmed what Malcolm Trunbull said and refuted the WaPo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:17:10 pm by SirLinksALot »

• Technical
You know, I have been very apprehensive of Trump tweeting after he was inaugurated, but after seeing so many instances where the media twists events to make things look a certain way ( mostly bad for Trump), I think I can appreciate the need for his tweeting.

The instance where Trump allegedly hanged up on the Australian Prime Minister after a supposedly rude and hostile exchange is just one example of how Trump had to by-pass the media to get things straightened out. He essentially confirmed what Malcolm Trunbull said and refuted the WaPo.

This is a good point, but it also diminishes the office to see him Tweeting about celebrity feuds and what not. Wouldn't you agree?

Offline SirLinksALot

This is a good point, but it also diminishes the office to see him Tweeting about celebrity feuds and what not. Wouldn't you agree?

He should stay out of commenting about reality TV (e.g. Arnold's show) that's for sure. But there has to be a method to his madness ( that's what I'm guessing ). Just not sure what it is.

Offline Night Hides Not

He should stay out of commenting about reality TV (e.g. Arnold's show) that's for sure. But there has to be a method to his madness ( that's what I'm guessing ). Just not sure what it is.

Six dimensional chess?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

• Technical

"Conservatives" (and I use that term lightly) would be howling like little girls if Obama spent his days Tweeting about Celebrity Apprentice, that's all i know. But because it's Trump it's ok.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:49:39 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online corbe

From the chart above we can safely ascertain that he sleeps from 2 to 5 am, by 9am his phone is fully charged and he's off to the races, till 8Pm when he eats dinner, RedBull Soup perhaps, and then he's off to the races, again, lather, rinse, repeat.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Gee, it only seems like a couple of months ago we were mocking twitter diplomacy.

Offline kevindavis007

"Conservatives" (and I use that term lightly) would be howling like little girls if Obama spent his days Tweeting about Celebrity Apprentice, that's all i know. But because it's Trump it's ok.

Just as long as our guy is doing it who cares..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Gee, it only seems like a couple of months ago we were mocking twitter diplomacy.

Imagine the outrage if Obama or Hillary is doing this..

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You noticed that too huh?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I logged in, saw the Iran threat, and my jaw dropped. I mean I like it if he will be tough on Iran, but this does not belong on Twitter. Then I scrolled down and saw the childish insult to Arnold. WTF, is this guy 10 years old?

It's a whole new world.  I think this kind of thing will become commonplace in the near future, and youngsters won't even understand why we ever objected to it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing.

• Technical
Can't wait until Presidential Debates resemble an X-Box Live chatroom with candidates calling each other "bleep" and "n00bs".

Offline kevindavis007

It's a whole new world.  I think this kind of thing will become commonplace in the near future, and youngsters won't even understand why we ever objected to it.

Sorry call me old fashion, but when it comes to the Presidency  no matter who is in office I expect some kind of decorum. Tweeting late at night like 12 year or using #hashtag diplomacy is not one of them..

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Sorry call me old fashion, but when it comes to the Presidency  no matter who is in office I expect some kind of decorum. Tweeting late at night like 12 year or using #hashtag diplomacy is not one of them..

Me too, but I think this is the way it is going to be regardless of what we think.

Offline musiclady

I logged in, saw the Iran threat, and my jaw dropped. I mean I like it if he will be tough on Iran, but this does not belong on Twitter. Then I scrolled down and saw the childish insult to Arnold. WTF, is this guy 10 years old?

For me what matters is not that he tweets, but what he tweets.

If he wants to go around the MSM, bully for him, but going around the MSM with childishness and churlishness just makes him look immature and foolish.  (Which of course is consistent with who he actually is).

I'd just rather he hide his glaring flaws while he's president.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I hope at least some of them understand why we don't want a president who acts like a moron.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SirLinksALot

For me what matters is not that he tweets, but what he tweets.

Rush Limbaugh said that his tweets about Arnold is poking the guy around in fun. In other words, we should not be taking these particular tweets seriously.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Rush Limbaugh said that his tweets about Arnold is poking the guy around in fun. In other words, we should not be taking these particular tweets seriously.

And, luckily we have Rush to translate for us.

**nononono*

Offline rodamala

Read as: "...we should not be taking this particular President seriously."

• Technical

I don't believe Rush.