Author Topic: Trump slams Schwarzenegger at prayer breakfast: 'Pray for Arnold'  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump slams Schwarzenegger at prayer breakfast: 'Pray for Arnold'
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:56:58 pm »
LOL. Arnold is a disaster.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 04:01:59 pm »
Why is this moron mentioning Arnold at the prayer breakfast?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:03:50 pm »
Why is this moron mentioning Arnold at the prayer breakfast?

Cause it's funny.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »
not the time or place.

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 04:08:32 pm »
not the time or place.

No it's funny. We have a troll for President. This is great.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 04:20:56 pm »
"We had tremendous success on ‘The Apprentice,’ and when I ran for president I had to leave the show. That’s when I knew for sure I was doing it, and they hired a big, big movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger to take my place, and we know how that turned out. The ratings went right down the tubes. It’s been a total disaster and Mark [Burnett] will never, never bet against Trump again.”

Trump then quipped, "I want to just pray for Arnold if we can -- for those ratings.”
Not exactly a slam, despite the headline, but still not the appropriate place for such a remark or "quip," in my opinion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 04:38:21 pm »
Not exactly a slam, despite the headline, but still not the appropriate place for such a remark or "quip," in my opinion.

Not being as Devout as some here, It's not lost on me that of all the pain and suffering on this Third Rock from the Sun, Pres. Trump wants us to direct our prayers for Auhnold's TV rating, Very poor taste in humor and a mockery of the Christian faith, IMHO. 
  I'm getting use to this but it's taking me longer than others, apparently.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 04:46:39 pm »
I would suggest Trump is not very familiar with the concept of being a Christian every day, all the time. Pence is.
Not making an excuse, just a possible explanation for his being so "off" on what's appropriate at a prayer breakfast.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:36:45 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 04:53:29 pm »

No it's funny. We have a troll for President. This is great.

See snowflake, you have a choice. Go out there and start funding and supporting Donny's opponent in '20. Right now is when these thing start in the political world. Since we just got tangible proof that 3rd parties like McMuffin are a hysterical joke you have you options narrowed down. Here's your first step...

https://www.democrats.org/

I might also recommend funding these midterm elections too. One way to put the brakes on Donny would be to take away his majorities in the House and Senate. No need to worry about tweets then when the adults are back in charge of one of the branches of govt'.

Why pathetically piss and moan about shit when you can actually put your money where your mouth is?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 04:55:10 pm »
I knew this would end up being the headline from a pretty good speech all in all.

I was a stupid joke that fell flat with the audience....I don't think they realized he was joking.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 04:57:42 pm »
Alright....stop the fighting....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 04:58:17 pm »
See snowflake, you have a choice. Go out there and start funding and supporting Donny's opponent in '20. Right now is when these thing start in the political world. Since we just got tangible proof that 3rd parties like McMuffin are a hysterical joke you have you options narrowed down. Here's your first step...

https://www.democrats.org/

I might also recommend funding these midterm elections too. One way to put the brakes on Donny would be to take away his majorities in the House and Senate. No need to worry about tweets then when the adults are back in charge of one of the branches of govt'.

Why pathetically piss and moan about shit when you can actually put your money where your mouth is?

Awwww the poor little snowflake Frankie wants a safe space?

:baby:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:04 pm »

Awwww the poor little snowflake Frankie wants a safe space?

:baby:

I don't need one. I like what Donny is doing so far. You on the other hand are consistently posting threads on either stories turning out to be fake news (world leader phone calls) or minutia garbage about form over function. You hate Donny. Everything he does is offensive to you. You default to these positions no matter what the news is. Beyond how he conducts himself, these policies and personnel picks are pretty solid. That pretty well classifies you as left of center.

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 05:12:55 pm »
I don't need one. I like what Donny is doing so far. You on the other hand are consistently posting threads on either stories turning out to be fake news (world leader phone calls) or minutia garbage about form over function. You hate Donny. Everything he does is offensive to you. You default to these positions no matter what the news is. Beyond how he conducts himself, these policies and personnel picks are pretty solid. That pretty well classifies you as left of center.

:shrug:  Fine, I'm left of center. Feel better now?

You're a child who cannot intellectually handle any viewpoint that doesn't sync up with your own.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 06:11:05 pm »
I knew this would end up being the headline from a pretty good speech all in all.

I was a stupid joke that fell flat with the audience....I don't think they realized he was joking.

It wasn't that long ago when a certain other president made jokes at the prayer breakfast that our side threw a fit that it was distasteful and not the place. I guess standards and decorum change.

http://theweek.com/articles/496889/obamas-birther-joke-fallout

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 06:25:02 pm »
Schwarzenegger responds to Trump: 'Why don't we switch jobs?'

By Paulina Firozi - 02/02/17 10:17 AM EST   

Arnold Schwarzenegger immediately took to Twitter to respond to President Trump's Thursday morning comments about ratings for reality show "Celebrity Apprentice" at the National Prayer Breakfast.

During his opening remarks at the annual breakfast, Trump pointed to his "tremendous success" on "Celebrity Apprentice" and blasted the former California governor, who took over as host when Trump launched his presidential bid.

"They hired a big, big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger to take my place, and we know how that turned out," Trump said at the breakfast.

"The ratings went right down the tubes. It's been a total disaster. And [producer] Mark [Burnett] will never, ever bet against Trump again, and I want to just pray for Arnold, if we can, for those ratings."
In his Twitter video, Schwarzenegger suggested that the president could switch with him and come back to his reality show.

"Hey Donald I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job," said Schwarzenegger in a video. "And then people can finally sleep comfortable again. Hmm?"

A spokesman for Schwarzenegger also sent a statement to ABC News following Trump's Thursday remarks.

“Arnold is praying that President Trump can start improving his own approval ratings, which were the worst in history for an incoming president, by taking his job seriously and working inclusively," spokesman Daniel Ketchell said in the statement.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/317519-arnold-schwarzenegger-responds-to-trump-why-dont-we-switch-jobs

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 06:33:19 pm »
Cause it's funny.

Yes it is.  Arnold was a big time Rhino in Cali..

Trump is being jocular here .
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 07:20:01 pm »
Trump is a thin-skinned vindictive man-child

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 07:36:08 pm »
If the commotion that happened during the prayer breakfast brings a single follower to Jesus or Abraham, I am for it.

This overly secularized nation needs it.  I also recall a certain Ben Carson taking Obama to task during a recent prayer breakfast....

@don-o

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »
If the commotion that happened during the prayer breakfast brings a single follower to Jesus or Abraham, I am for it.

This overly secularized nation needs it.  I also recall a certain Ben Carson taking Obama to task during a recent prayer breakfast....

@don-o

Why on earth would anyone be drawn into Christianity because Trump mentioned Arnold Schwarzenegger during a prayer breakfast?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 07:44:50 pm »
Less cowbell, more Jonathan Cahn.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 07:46:11 pm »

Why on earth would anyone be drawn into Christianity because Trump mentioned Arnold Schwarzenegger during a prayer breakfast?

Audience awareness.  The sheer numbers involved exposes people to faith that would otherwise not have any contact.

At Clemson we used to have regular 'street preachers'.  While it may appear to some as gauche, it definitely raised awareness on Campus.

HonestJohn

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 03:38:30 am »

Ah, "the only news allowed is good news" trope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwhtkea0qzI

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 03:56:33 am »

No he wasn't joking.  They had a twitter war a few weeks ago also.

Put this in the bad Trump.  The child section of bad.  He has to make sure that nobody does it like him.  Nobody is good enough.  He can't even be satisfied that he hold the highest office.  He has to belittle the guy who took his place on his prize show.  Mental Illness.

Again I was thinking of the image of Jesus guiding Trumps hand.  Is he guiding his mouth too?  What about God and prayer at the Prayer breakfast?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.