Author Topic: Thousands of protesters gather outside Chuck Schumer’s apartment  (Read 1648 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Metro
Thousands of protesters gather outside Chuck Schumer’s apartment

By Alex Taylor and Chris Perez

January 31, 2017 | 8:26pm | Updated

Thousands of angry demonstrators gathered outside Sen. Chuck Schumer’s luxury Brooklyn apartment building — holding up signs and chanting “What the f–k, Chuck?!” — to protest his lukewarm stance on President Trump’s cabinet picks.

“Senator Schumer needs to know we’re watching him,” fumed Brad Wolchansky, a 40-year-old soccer coach from Flatbush who was carrying a cardboard cut-out of a giant eye on Tuesday night.

“He works for us. We need him to be bold. We need him to stand up to Trump and oppose his picks,” Wolchansky said.

more
http://nypost.com/2017/01/31/thousands-of-protesters-gather-outside-chuck-schumers-apartment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Thousands of protesters gather outside Chuck Schumer’s apartment
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 01:42:48 pm »
Idiots.  But maybe useful idiots if we can encourage them to spend more of their time protesting each other. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 01:53:00 pm »
Idiots.  But maybe useful idiots if we can encourage them to spend more of their time protesting each other.
@Oceander

I don't get their protest outside Schumer's apartment - Senator Schumer has opposed in a heavy duty way every tiny thing Trump has done.  Maybe they aren't paying attention, like hearing Schumer when he speaks and reading what he is saying.  They should have been praising him, bringing him free coffee or donuts, etc.. 

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 01:55:44 pm »
@Oceander

I don't get their protest outside Schumer's apartment - Senator Schumer has opposed in a heavy duty way every tiny thing Trump has done.  Maybe they aren't paying attention, like hearing Schumer when he speaks and reading what he is saying.  They should have been praising him, bringing him free coffee or donuts, etc.. 

He's being too lukewarm for their tastes.  Apparently they want truly scorched earth. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:28:03 pm »
@Oceander
@mystery-ak
@Quix 

Confession:  I know more than most what is happening politically and otherwise every minute of the day.  You see I don't have a life (as in a job), and there is a TV going every minute of the day no matter which room I am in - kitchen, office, bedroom.  I am at my computer (have three of those), work on numerous research and writing projects, pay bills, keep in touch with friends/family and a few on this website (one is Quix, give me a medal for that  :thud:) , etc., etc., but I still hear what is happening via TV and reading on this website.  I am a multi-task person.

I have heard/seen Schumer speak/complain/gripe every time he is in front of a microphone, and say what he is going to do to try to abort what Trump is doing.  If those protesters would invest a little time finding out what Schumer is actually doing, they would have been happy with glee instead of protesting. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »
I have heard/seen Schumer speak/complain/gripe every time he is in front of a microphone, and say what he is going to do to try to abort what Trump is doing.  If those protesters would invest a little time finding out what Schumer is actually doing, they would have been happy with glee instead of protesting.

That's not enough for those people, though.  I honestly think those people support violence at this point if that's what it takes to get rid of Trump.  Or at least a total government shutdown, not voting on anything, etc..  I'm sure they're ticked that even Mattis, Kelly, and Ayotte were confirmed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:40:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:25 pm »
That's not enough for those people, though.  I honestly think those people support violence at this point if that's what it takes to get rid of Trump.  Or at least a total government shutdown, not voting on anything, etc..  I'm sure they're ticked that even Mattis, Kelly, and Ayotte were confirmed.
@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree, I think there will be violence and wouldn't be surprised if they storm the US congressional building.  There will be deaths at some point.

Price and Mnuchin were approved by Hatch's committee this morning without any Democrats there.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:13:40 pm »
The Rats created these brain dead idiots as their voting block. Enjoy dealing with them Chucky.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 03:56:28 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree, I think there will be violence and wouldn't be surprised if they storm the US congressional building.  There will be deaths at some point.

Price and Mnuchin were approved by Hatch's committee this morning without any Democrats there.

If they force a shooting war they'll be very surprised at the outcome.  I'm pretty sure they don't have any real understanding of just how many militarily-experienced veterans we have on our side of the philosophical divide, and how well-equipped those veterans are.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 04:51:01 pm »
If they force a shooting war they'll be very surprised at the outcome.  I'm pretty sure they don't have any real understanding of just how many militarily-experienced veterans we have on our side of the philosophical divide, and how well-equipped those veterans are.

Well, they're cowards.  They'll attack, beat, assault those conservatives who happen to live and work in urban areas, who are generally unarmed and outnumbered.  I work downtown, and I carry, but I can't always do it because I often have to go into buildings where guns are not permitted.  So, there are times I'd be vulnerable.  Although generally, being downtown in the middle of a workday is a low-risk time.  If you live down there, though....

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »
@Oceander
@mystery-ak
@Quix 

Confession:  I know more than most what is happening politically and otherwise every minute of the day.  You see I don't have a life (as in a job), and there is a TV going every minute of the day no matter which room I am in - kitchen, office, bedroom.  I am at my computer (have three of those), work on numerous research and writing projects, pay bills, keep in touch with friends/family and a few on this website (one is Quix, give me a medal for that  :thud:) , etc., etc., but I still hear what is happening via TV and reading on this website.  I am a multi-task person.

I'm unclear why you warrant a medal for staying in touch with me???
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 06:01:17 pm »
@Quix

Because you are a far-out, knowledgeable, person on so many subjects.  It takes time to keep up with you, requires thinking to respond to you.  :banghead:  :kisses2:

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 06:02:14 pm »

It is the "ET Phone Home" Award..

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »
It seems everything has been condensed to 140-characters; or holding a stupid sign above our heads while yelling incoherent militant chants. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 06:19:50 pm »

geronl

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »
Far-left tactics

Offline Quix

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 01:37:19 am »
@Quix

Because you are a far-out, knowledgeable, person on so many subjects.  It takes time to keep up with you, requires thinking to respond to you.  :banghead: :kisses2:

Oh.

THANKS THANKS.

I wonder if that's a significant part of why so many of my threads get no or few responses but quite a lot of views?

Yet, too often, I still miss the obvious . . . in grade school . . . I'd not understand simple jokes . . . and immediately get complex questions about complex reading comprehension tasks.

. . . tales of a silly rabbit.

You're pretty informed on a variety of topics, too. And you're certainly bright and experienced . . . particularly in the mental health profession.

Blessings,
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:39:58 am by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 01:43:03 am »
Oh.

THANKS THANKS.

Yet, too often, I still miss the obvious . . . in grade school . . . I'd not understand simple jokes . . . and immediately get complex questions about complex reading comprehension tasks.

. . . tales of a silly rabbit.

You're pretty informed on a variety of topics, too. And you're certainly bright and experienced . . . particularly in the mental health profession.

Blessings,

It is a shame You never learned how to deal with bullies in your formative years.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 02:57:46 am »
Bet old Chuckie regrets some taking the position from Harry Reid.  Old Harry did not have to worry about the locals - they were all paid off to support him and knew whatever he did was going to be for them.

Schumer is in the process of losing, and losing big, on his agenda.  His minions will bolt when the time gets tough as many need to get reelected in 2 short years.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 03:06:56 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Here's the Senate Finance Committee members who decided to not do what their voters wished them to do: show up
Ron Wyden, Oregon, Ranking Member
Debbie Stabenow, Michigan
Maria Cantwell, Washington
Bill Nelson, Florida  Up for reelection in 2018
Bob Menendez, New Jersey
Tom Carper, Delaware
Ben Cardin, Maryland
Sherrod Brown, Ohio  Up for reelection in 2018
Michael Bennet, Colorado
Bob Casey, Pennsylvania  Up for reelection in 2018
Mark Warner, Virginia
Claire McCaskill, Missouri

The three highlighted are the ones tip-toeing through this as they are in states that are voted red in last election.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:07:44 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 03:15:14 am »
Typical for Bob Casey.  He is a big nothing.

But he has huge union backing in this state, and the idiot  Republicans in PA can't come up with a strong opposition candidate.  So if Casey runs again, I don't think he will lose.

Offline Quix

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 09:57:38 am »
It is a shame You never learned how to deal with bullies in your formative years.

TRUE, that.

Being afraid of my own shadow, didn't help.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 11:45:39 am »
TRUE, that.

Being afraid of my own shadow, didn't help.

When you say something, end it with "dammit".  For example, when talking politics say, "I don't see it that way, dammit".  Weather?  "It's cold outside, dammit".  Football? "The Patriots are gonna win, dammit."

"Dammit"  Gives everything you say more impact.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Quix

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 05:26:32 pm »
When you say something, end it with "dammit".  For example, when talking politics say, "I don't see it that way, dammit".  Weather?  "It's cold outside, dammit".  Football? "The Patriots are gonna win, dammit."

"Dammit"  Gives everything you say more impact.

LOLOLOL.

Except that . . .

I figure there's a growing body of damnable things in our era . . . and that God has all those well targeted already. He doesn't need my encouragement to damn anything. The damnable sources call plenty of attention to themselves already.

And, in my HS years, I went through a few months of cursing in selected contexts. I didn't like the feeling nor the spirit involved.

And, it always seemed to me a bit too much evidence that one lacked sufficient vocabulary to express intense emotion. That's never been true, of me.