Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43308 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2017, 05:39:29 pm »
Gentlemen.

Please cease this reasonable, respectful and well stated examination of differences in personal belief at once. You are giving the internet a bad name.

:tongue2:

Seriously though, kudos to both of you.  :beer:
We all may resume our regular beating of one another about the head.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2017, 06:34:15 pm »
@Smokin Joe

And here I was thinking you are an adult. 20  years ago a businessman contributed money to people that he knew would grease some skids for him if he did,and here you are today,having a hissy-fit about it.

Where were you when Poppy Bush was working with the Clintons to sell military technology,computers,and American manufacturing to the Chinese? Or when Boy Jorge pimped out the US military to his Saud masters? Did you complain about that like you are no whining about a businessman doing what all businessmen have to do to survive?
You were thinking correctly. I am an adult.

Thanks for making my point.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »
On it!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:05 pm »

Neegan approves!

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »
@Smokin Joe

And here I was thinking you are an adult. 20  years ago a businessman contributed money to people that he knew would grease some skids for him if he did,and here you are today,having a hissy-fit about it.

Where were you when Poppy Bush was working with the Clintons to sell military technology,computers,and American manufacturing to the Chinese? Or when Boy Jorge pimped out the US military to his Saud masters? Did you complain about that like you are no whining about a businessman doing what all businessmen have to do to survive?

Actually, it was a lot more recent than 20 years ago.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2017, 11:13:48 pm »
That is a very fair observation.

@INVAR

Thank you. I make no great claims to humanity and loving my fellow man,but IF there IS a God,I DEMAND he be more moral than me,or get off the damn stage!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2017, 11:17:23 pm »
Actually, it was a lot more recent than 20 years ago.

@Sanguine

No doubt you are right. I was just ballparking it and remarking on the hypocrisy of the "Bush-Bot conservatives".

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2017, 05:04:56 pm »
@Sanguine

No doubt you are right. I was just ballparking it and remarking on the hypocrisy of the "Bush-Bot conservatives".
I can't speak for "Bush-bot" conservatives. I didn't vote for W in the primaries, either.

C S Lewis

Offline pjohns

« Reply #534 on: January 28, 2017, 07:19:42 pm »
[Conservative women] were officially excluded, but they showed up anyway.  That's why I have said the entire march should not be dismissed out of hand.

It will be interesting to see if most of the MSM (with the exception, perhaps, of Fox News) will cover this weekend's March for Life, in Washington, as thoroughly as it covered last week's march...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2017, 07:33:36 pm »
It will be interesting to see if most of the MSM (with the exception, perhaps, of Fox News) will cover this weekend's March for Life, in Washington, as thoroughly as it covered last week's march...

They won't cover it at all.

They NEVER cover the March for Life.

Just because a half a million people, men and women, young and old (mostly young) march to end the abortion holocaust, the war against women and fight for life, why should they cover it?   :shrug:

Truth be told, they don't want the rest of the country to know how many people are willing to brave the cold and the elements to stand up for REAL women's rights.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2017, 07:36:44 pm »
They won't cover it at all.

They NEVER cover the March for Life.

Just because a half a million people, men and women, young and old (mostly young) march to end the abortion holocaust, the war against women and fight for life, why should they cover it?   :shrug:

Truth be told, they don't want the rest of the country to know how many people are willing to brave the cold and the elements to stand up for REAL women's rights.

EXACTLY right!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2017, 07:38:10 pm »
EXACTLY right!   888high58888

I was going to add, thank the LORD for EWTN!  We watch the whole march, hear the speeches, listen to interviews and hear commentary every year.

At least the truth is getting out there!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #538 on: January 28, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »
They were officially excluded, but they showed up anyway.  That's why I have said the entire march should not be dismissed out of hand.  It wasn't only leftists who showed up.

@musiclady

I'm curious. Were they attacked by the leftist women there,or where they "allowed" to have their own opinions?

Offline pjohns

« Reply #539 on: January 29, 2017, 11:03:48 pm »
I was going to add, thank the LORD for EWTN!

What television network is EWTN?

I am just not familiar with those call letters. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:04:23 pm by pjohns »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #540 on: January 29, 2017, 11:07:11 pm »

Trinity Network eg Catholic Channel

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2017, 11:12:40 pm »
Trinity Network eg Catholic Channel

@montanajoe

Thanks. I thought that was the old 700 Club network? If it was,how did it become Catholic?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #542 on: January 29, 2017, 11:17:13 pm »
@montanajoe

Thanks. I thought that was the old 700 Club network? If it was,how did it become Catholic?
No, it's always been Catholic. The 700 Club is on another network, the one founded by Pat Robertson. EWTN was started by a nun named Mother Angelica. A friend of mine worked there as a set designer in the 1980s and she said Angelica was a hoot.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #543 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35:14 pm »

Eternal Word Television Network.

It's the Roman Catholics' station.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2017, 11:40:16 pm »

@pjohns

I see others have answered it for you.   I'm not Catholic, but they are such stalwarts for Life that I watch much of what they broadcast.

My husband and I have intended to go to the March for Life several years and were snowed out, so I watched their broadcast all day.

Even though we had no plans to go this year, we still watched their broadcast.

VERY encouraging.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #545 on: January 29, 2017, 11:43:36 pm »
Neegan approves!

I prefer the Bear Jew:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #546 on: January 30, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »
Reposting from Facebook a comment from the head of Students for Life, one of the pro-life groups that tried to participate in the march:
I've read some disturbing comments from those who identify as pro-life feminists saying they were more welcome at the pro-abortion, so-called Women's March than at the March for Life.

I was there with our team (mostly all women) at both events. Here's what I know: When I was in the crowd of the Women's March, as long as those gathered couldn't see my pro-life sign that read “abortion betrays women”, I was welcome. As soon as I put it up, I was not.

Our team was spit at, cursed at, multiple signs were ripped from our hands, and if it weren't for the Planned Parenthood-trained marshals protecting us from their own crowd, we would have been physically attacked.

At the March for Life, our team headed to the Supreme Court early to make sure the few pro-abortion protestors who showed up didn't hog all of the media attention (trust me, this happens). No pro-lifer screamed, cursed or spit at them. In fact, the cursing and the yelling always always came from them. The differences were stark.