Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43503 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #500 on: January 24, 2017, 02:52:53 am »
@DCPatriot

"HELP! I AM BEING HELD AGAINST MY WILL! SOMEBODY LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Then,if it is a boy,about 12 years later the biggest focus in his life will revolve around getting back into one of those things as far as he can.

Which tells us all a lot about how fair life is.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #501 on: January 24, 2017, 02:56:07 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2017, 03:28:25 am »
 :amen:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2017, 04:05:40 am »

Do you think people have to be Christians to be moral? If not,why did you write that?

No.  But the morality that we accept in this country (and by extension, much of the declining West) comes from the Bible.

Once again,that is implying that someone has to be a Christian to have moral principles.

I'm using 'moral principles' in the exact same manner that the Founders did.  I'm sorry you are having a knee jerk reaction that my position implies that only Christians can be moral.  They were once the established and accepted standards of behavior and thinking in this country.  We were not governed by the behavior and thinking of Muslims, Hindus or Zoroastrians.

And there your train leaves the tracks once again. Who died and made YOU God,and gave you the right to determine what is "wicked,debased,and morally depraved"?

I'm not God, but I can read His Word and know what He defines as wicked, debased and morally depraved.

There has been some truly wicked,debased,and morally depraved religious leaders.

Absolutely.  Human nature does not disappear just because one belongs to a church.  We sin continually - and cause pain, misery and suffering.  We also earn the eternal death penalty for doing so, and that is why we need a Savior to begin with - or - life has no purpose beyond the here and now.  And if that be the case, why must we abide a moral code at all?  Let the strong rule and oppress the weak.  Let the Alphas rule and wipe out the rest.  I mean that is how much of the rest of the world operates.

Horseshit stacked high is still horses hit.

I'm not hubris enough to call Benjamin Franklin full of horseshit, because that was his quote that I simply paraphrased.

Organized religion is the greatest evil that has ever plagued mankind,yet people like you still defend and promote it,based on your fears that your kind and loving God will torture you in a burning lake of fire for all eternity if you piss him off.

Correct.  Religion in the hands of men that are made into institutions have done great evil in the name of their god.   As to the latter, I actually do not subscribe to that particular doctrinal position that some do.

At the root of all religions are fear and superstition,and here you are demanding it be the base that controls our government.

Either the principles of liberty and self governance, that have their root in scripture bind a civil society, or they do not.  If they don't, then the tyranny of men and the whims of men will govern.  It's how we have arrived at transgendered bathroom rights and that your property should be redistributed to those whom they think are more deserving.

It's good to see you understand it's only natural for sane people to reject the slavery that is organized religion.

As opposed to the slavery of men and human nature when they make themselves god?  i.e.: The Soviet Union under Stalin.  Mao's China.  Pol Pot's Cambodia.  North Korea under the Kims? 

I'll take being a slave of The Lord over being a slave of men.  At least that was the motivation of the Colonists to resist the legal, lawful authority of the Crown.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online goatprairie

« Reply #504 on: January 24, 2017, 04:08:24 am »
In my dating days when I  was Mr Nice Guy I tended to be  friend zoned and the ones I treated like crap they stuck to me like glue.

And treating like crap does not mean physical abuse or such..  but not returning phone calls-treating them indifferently. 

@goatprairie
Before I met my wife there was a woman at my place of work who was very shrewish and difficult to get along with. So after a few years of trying to get along with her I stopped talking to her even though we worked in close proximity.
After one year was over she demanded to know why I wouldn't talk to her. I told her I don't like talking to people who can't act decently towards other people.
After that she started being a lot nicer to me and started making overtures. She was an attractive female but not my type, and I eventually  got going with my future wife disappointing the other woman. It would never have worked out.
She later announced that she realized that many times she needed to be put in her place. Apparently, by not talking to her for a year I had put her in her place, and now she desired me.
In short: I'll never figure out women if I live to be 150. But I am happy with my wife whose positives counter my negatives.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #505 on: January 24, 2017, 04:15:10 am »
Low-hanging fastball.  Is there a Cricket equivalent?  And, for crying out loud, do you EVER sleep?
Actually, the phrase is "low, hanging curve ball" ......not fastball.   Curve balls are supposed to snap sharply as they approach the batter. If they hang that means they don't break sharply. Curve balls are not thrown as hard as fastballs, so a low, hanging curve ball means an easy pitch for a batter to hit. As you've mentioned cricket, I take it you are from a country where the sport is played....am I correct?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #506 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:02 am »
Just when you thought it couldn't get any sillier...

Transgender activists claim 'p****hats' that women wore at anti-Trump marches alienated the transgender community by suggesting 'a vagina is essential to womanhood'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4150174/Activists-claim-women-s-marches-isolated-trans-community.html#ixzz4WeLoVBMn

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #507 on: January 24, 2017, 05:12:25 am »
No.  But the morality that we accept in this country (and by extension, much of the declining West) comes from the Bible.

I'm using 'moral principles' in the exact same manner that the Founders did.  I'm sorry you are having a knee jerk reaction that my position implies that only Christians can be moral.  They were once the established and accepted standards of behavior and thinking in this country.  We were not governed by the behavior and thinking of Muslims, Hindus or Zoroastrians.

I'm not God, but I can read His Word and know what He defines as wicked, debased and morally depraved.

Absolutely.  Human nature does not disappear just because one belongs to a church.  We sin continually - and cause pain, misery and suffering.  We also earn the eternal death penalty for doing so, and that is why we need a Savior to begin with - or - life has no purpose beyond the here and now.  And if that be the case, why must we abide a moral code at all?  Let the strong rule and oppress the weak.  Let the Alphas rule and wipe out the rest.  I mean that is how much of the rest of the world operates.

@INVAR

I disagree with you in almost every particular,but you do an excellent job of defending and defining your positions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #508 on: January 24, 2017, 05:16:13 am »
Just when you thought it couldn't get any sillier...

Transgender activists claim 'p****hats' that women wore at anti-Trump marches alienated the transgender community by suggesting 'a vagina is essential to womanhood'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4150174/Activists-claim-women-s-marches-isolated-trans-community.html#ixzz4WeLoVBMn

@dfwgator

UHHHHHH.....

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #509 on: January 24, 2017, 06:12:57 am »
Folks can call these women all kind of names but as someone who lived in the 60's I would not discount the effect. It remains to be seen if this is a flash in the pan or a continuous resistance  but history clearly shows determined organized opposition will bring down any presidency... :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2017, 07:02:15 am »
@INVAR

I disagree with you in almost every particular,but you do an excellent job of defending and defining your positions.

I appreciate you saying that.

As a former Atheist myself - I tend to have an idea of where some of your hostility comes from.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2017, 11:45:15 am »
This is true.  (To attempt to justify it on these grounds would be a good example of the tu quoque fallacy.)

But I think that some people are noting--reasonably enough, I believe--that there is a double standard at work here. 

And that double standard is (both morally and intellectually) indefensible...
If it wasn't for double standards, Liberals wouldn't have any standards at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:12 pm »
You wait. It won't be long before the alleged "conservatives" here and on other boards join forces with the Clintonites to throw up roadblocks for everything that Trump tries to do,regardless of what it is.

Their biggest fear is their beloved RINO's will be out of power forever. They are NOT conservatives,they are Republicans.

Already done. "Alleged conservatives" jumping around claiming to be conservative are already in tighter with the Clintonites than they seem to know--they elected one of her donors!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #513 on: January 24, 2017, 12:12:43 pm »

Look at the hands. Ring fingers are longer than index fingers. They may like women, but at lease one of those are guys.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:21:34 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #514 on: January 24, 2017, 12:57:30 pm »
Actually, the phrase is "low, hanging curve ball" ......not fastball.   Curve balls are supposed to snap sharply as they approach the batter. If they hang that means they don't break sharply. Curve balls are not thrown as hard as fastballs, so a low, hanging curve ball means an easy pitch for a batter to hit. As you've mentioned cricket, I take it you are from a country where the sport is played....am I correct?

No, but the fellow I posted that to is...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2017, 01:05:37 pm »
Interesting article (just a snippet):
...  In her speech Saturday, Gloria Steinem cited "violence against females in the world" as to why there are "fewer females than males" alive today. As the crowd roared, I thought to myself, “She had to have meant abortion, right? Does she hear what she’s saying? Do these protesters?” I’m certain that I was alone in my thinking.

I am just as offended by Trump’s derogatory “p ----” comment as anyone else. But an average bystander watching the Women’s March participants — reading their signs and t-shirts, seeing their costumes, and hearing their chants — would reasonably conclude that feminists aren't offended by the profane; they're utterly obsessed with it.

This weekend, I stepped into the alternative universe that is the Left’s reality. There, everyone agrees with everyone, and even when they lose, they win. Lack of self-reflection and critical thought is pervasive. It’s how I imagine an insane asylum feels.   ...
Read "I was trapped on a train with smug 'Women's March' feminists. This is what I overheard," by Carly Hoilman at Conservative Review.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »
January 24, 2017
Anti-Trump protesters torch limo belonging to Muslim immigrant
By Rick Moran

A limousine owned by a Muslim immigrant was totally destroyed by fire during the anti-Trump protests over the weekend.

Muhammad Ashraf, the owner of the company, Nationwide Chauffeured Services is now out $70,000 and there is no guarantee that his insurance will cover it.

Red Alert Politics:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/antitrump_protesters_torch_limo_belonging_to_muslim_immigrant.html#ixzz4WgjDMSCI
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2017, 02:31:41 pm »
Mixed Reaction as Big Clean up Underway Following DC Women’s March
January 23, 2017 | RT.com | RT.com | 2,175 views

litter women's march

They may have attracted the headlines, but the anti-Trump protesters who attended the massive Women’s March in Washington DC, are now drawing criticism for abandoning their placards at landmarks and on the capital’s streets.

Organizers say that more that 2.5 million people took part in demonstrations around the world on Saturday, as protesters voiced opposition to President Donald Trump while also calling for the protection of civil liberties.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/mixed-reaction-as-big-clean-up-underway-following-dc-womens-march_012017
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:33:20 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »
What a bunch of pigs!!  I'll bet half this group of hogs were big environment whackos, too. 888oops888

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #519 on: January 24, 2017, 02:55:46 pm »
I appreciate you saying that.

As a former Atheist myself - I tend to have an idea of where some of your hostility comes from.

@INVAR

I haven't considered myself to be an atheist in over 50 years. I am an agnostic. I don't care if "God" exists or not,but if he does and Christianity,Islam,Judaism,or any other religion I am aware of accurately reflect his character and throughts,the MF needs to be fired,not worshipped.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:56:54 pm by sneakypete »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2017, 03:01:17 pm »
Already done. "Alleged conservatives" jumping around claiming to be conservative are already in tighter with the Clintonites than they seem to know--they elected one of her donors!

@Smokin Joe

And here I was thinking you are an adult. 20  years ago a businessman contributed money to people that he knew would grease some skids for him if he did,and here you are today,having a hissy-fit about it.

Where were you when Poppy Bush was working with the Clintons to sell military technology,computers,and American manufacturing to the Chinese? Or when Boy Jorge pimped out the US military to his Saud masters? Did you complain about that like you are no whining about a businessman doing what all businessmen have to do to survive?

rangerrebew

« Reply #521 on: January 24, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »
Loving Feminists Who “Care About Women” Tell Pro-Life Marcher They Hope She Is Raped

January 23, 2017| by V. Saxena

To the average batty liberal feminist, for whom honesty, consistency and personal responsibility mean about as much as a degree from Hamburger University, nothing quite says “I care about women” like telling another woman, “I hope you are raped.”

Cue PJ Media:

Among the reported 500,000 women marching on Washington, D.C., to protest Trump on Saturday, there was a remnant, a minority who stood for life in a sea of anger. Not everyone was protesting the new president; many were showing up to fight a more direct threat to women’s very existence — abortion.

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/feminists-who-care-about-women
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:01:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #522 on: January 24, 2017, 03:05:28 pm »
Interesting article (just a snippet):Read "I was trapped on a train with smug 'Women's March' feminists. This is what I overheard," by Carly Hoilman at Conservative Review.

This weekend, I stepped into the alternative universe that is the Left’s reality. There, everyone agrees with everyone, and even when they lose, they win. Lack of self-reflection and critical thought is pervasive. It’s how I imagine an insane asylum feels.   ...

It's all about being a part of the borg,a herd member,and feeling all warm and fuzzy from belonging. Reality must NEVER be allowed to intrude and mess wid de buzz.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #523 on: January 24, 2017, 04:49:39 pm »
@INVAR

I haven't considered myself to be an atheist in over 50 years. I am an agnostic. I don't care if "God" exists or not,but if he does and Christianity,Islam,Judaism,or any other religion I am aware of accurately reflect his character and throughts,the MF needs to be fired,not worshipped.

That is a very fair observation.

I discovered that the God of the scriptures and His Salvation are nothing like much of the traditions and the institutions of men have made them into.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2017, 05:09:19 pm »
Gentlemen.

Please cease this reasonable, respectful and well stated examination of differences in personal belief at once. You are giving the internet a bad name.

:tongue2:

Seriously though, kudos to both of you.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink