Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43482 times)

Wingnut

Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 03:25:52 pm »
Update: Women’s March Removes Pro-Life Sponsor
by Alexandra DeSanctis   January 16, 2017 4:40 PM

UPDATE 4:35 PM: The Women’s March on Washington has removed the pro-life group New Wave Feminists from its list of official event sponsors after backlash from feminists arguing that pro-life women are not welcome in the feminist movement. One of the most prominent of such responses:

Intersectional feminism does not include a pro-life agenda. That’s not how it works! The right to choose is a fundamental part of feminism.
    — roxane gay (@rgay) January 16, 2017

Here is the official statement from the women’s march, apologizing for the “error”:

Our statement regarding press today: pic.twitter.com/z1y9cfFFvY
    — Women’s March (@womensmarch) January 16, 2017

Destiny Herndon-De La Rosa of New Wave Feminists told LifeSiteNews that the group will still attend the march. “It appears that the [Women's March on Washington] only wants to include a ‘diverse’ array of women who think exactly like them,” she said. “That’s unfortunate, but we will not be deterred.“   ...

Story at National Review

Also:  Some Women March on Washington, National Review.

: In a Feminist, what is the difference between PMS and Mad Cow Disease?

One attacks the cow's brain and sends it f'n mental, the other is an agricultural problem.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
: In a Feminist, what is the difference between PMS and Mad Cow Disease?

One attacks the cow's brain and sends it f'n mental, the other is an agricultural problem.
That's no bull. :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 05:13:16 pm »
You can’t march with us: The faux inclusivity of the Women’s March on Washington
By: Carly Hoilman | January 17, 2017

Individuals planning to attend the Women’s March on Washington on Saturday are quickly learning that not all victims are created equal. The New York Times recently ran a piece on the racial tensions among protesters. The article highlights the experience of Jennifer Willis, a 50-year-old mother and wedding minister who was planning on attending the Jan. 21 event with her daughters. She backed out, however, after a post on the event’s Facebook page made her reconsider:

The post, written by a black activist from Brooklyn who is a march volunteer, advised “white allies” to listen more and talk less. It also chided those who, it said, were only now waking up to racism because of the election.

“You don’t just get to join because now you’re scared, too,” read the post. “I was born scared.”

“This is a women’s march,” Willis told the Times. “We’re supposed to be allies in equal pay, marriage, adoption. Why is it now about, ‘White women don’t understand black women’?”   ...
Conservative Review
I always get a chuckle out of wacko, leftist femi-nutzys competing with each other to see who is the most oppressed.   

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 05:14:17 pm »
Is it wrong for me to wish for a fist fight to break out ?   22222frying pan
No.  :beer:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 03:05:32 pm »
Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
By Brooke Seipel - 01/21/17 09:39 AM EST

Social media was flooded with photos of women arriving in D.C. for the Women's March on Washington on Saturday morning, with Metro stations and streets covered in participants.

Tens of thousands are expected for the march. Some are already speculating that the crowds could surpass those of President Trump's inauguration a day earlier, though current estimates predicted otherwise.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/315442-massive-womens-march-crowds-swarm-dc-metro
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 03:06:12 pm »
I see they are wearing their pink pu$$y hats.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:06:37 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
Not everyone there will be of their ideology. A friend of mine who heads up a pro-life organization is there right now. Pray for Kristan's safety, because I'm certain she will make her views known to the rabid, loony leftist "ladies."  She has guts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 03:58:21 pm »
Too bad DC is experiencing a January thaw.  The little snowflakes would be on the next bus home. 

@mountaineer

Kudos to Kristan for wading into the swamp.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 03:59:52 pm »
Thanks. She's an impressive young woman.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 04:01:24 pm »
I hope they clear out before I arrive tomorrow.  I don't want to have to say something that will get me tossed off the Metro.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 04:20:40 pm »
Tens of thousands is not massive.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 04:26:35 pm »
Good for these massive women for marching! This could cut down on the taxes I pay for their healthcare!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 04:36:59 pm »
Good for these massive women for marching! This could cut down on the taxes I pay for their healthcare!

:bigsilly:

geronl

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 04:42:54 pm »
It wouldn't be hard to outnumber the Trump turnout.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »

Bipartisan Report ‏@Bipartisanism 1m1 minute ago

Chicago has officially joined the #WomensMarch in full force!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 05:38:17 pm »
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 05:41:20 pm »
Tens of thousands is not massive.

Current number count is just over a million. DC Metro sold 500K passes for today alone.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 05:45:53 pm »
Bipartisan Report ‏@Bipartisanism 1m1 minute ago

Chicago has officially joined the #WomensMarch in full force!

On my FB wall, I'm seeing acquantances all over post local marches. Dallas and Austin both have sizable marches. Even all over Europe. There was a lot of social media build up to this and a lot of organizing. The groups behind this found ways to leverage social media globally. I'm seeing local people who aren't even politically active take part in these.

This is in Spain.

Sweden

Amsterdam

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »
For the next four years, the Hippie Radicals have got their 1960's and 70's back!

They are going back to relive the era of constant protests and marches and hating cops and dissing 'The Man'.

Because as Communist agitators, they know nothing else.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 05:50:19 pm »
Not everyone there will be of their ideology. A friend of mine who heads up a pro-life organization is there right now. Pray for Kristan's safety, because I'm certain she will make her views known to the rabid, loony leftist "ladies."  She has guts.

The leftists are trying to keep out anyone who is pro-life.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 05:53:47 pm »
Ashley Judd lowers the tone at star-studded DC women's march by reading poem claiming Trump has 'wet dreams' about Ivanka 'his favorite sex symbol' and comparing him to HITLER

More than 200,000 people are participating in the Women's March on Washington in DC on Saturday
    The pink hats have become the accessory of the march in reference to Trump's quote 'grab her by the p***y'
    Women were spotted wearing the hats on buses, trains and plans as they made their way to the capital
    The Women's March on Washington is expected to be largest inauguration-related protest in US history
    There are also 600 sister marches planned throughout the country and even across the world
    America Ferrera, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johnasson are expected to speak at the DC event

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142950/Thousands-women-head-Washington-protest-Trump.html#ixzz4WQ5krZxa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 06:09:35 pm »
Yep.  If she opens her mouth to voice her pro-life beliefs, she will be tossed.

And yet, the only people who are truly pro-woman are pro-life.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,244848.0.html

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:12:26 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 06:29:41 pm »
The leftists are trying to keep out anyone who is pro-life.
The pro-lifers are there. Whether they get silenced - or assaulted, even - remains to be seen.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 08:52:24 pm »
42% of women voted for Trump-and that is healthy percentage when running against a woman. (53% of white women, 4% of black women and 26% of Latino women.)

Heard an analysis of the crowd at this march and it seems most are young (malleable and without life experience) and a bunch of tired old feminist left-overs and lesbians who are trying to relive their bra-burning glory days. They surely don't represent me. I wonder how many of them have jobs and pay taxes. They look idiotic in their pink hats and seemingly care for nothing other than birth control and abortion.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 08:55:29 pm »
The pro-lifers are there. Whether they get silenced - or assaulted, even - remains to be seen.

I hope their voices are heard over the shrill leftist idiots, and that they aren't silenced.

The fact that many pro-life women don't appreciate Trump's degradation and predatory nature needs to be heard loud and clear.