Author Topic: Can chair yoga relieve osteoarthritis pain?  (Read 475 times)

rangerrebew

Can chair yoga relieve osteoarthritis pain?
« on: January 15, 2017, 03:05:38 pm »

Can chair yoga relieve osteoarthritis pain?
Written by Ana Sandoiu
Published: Today

Osteoarthritis is a chronic, long-term disease that affects millions of elderly adults. There is currently no known cure for it and treatment options are limited. New research, however, suggests that chair yoga is effective in relieving osteoarthritis pain.

[seniors doing chair yoga]The first new randomized control study suggests that chair yoga may be effective in relieving osteoarthritis pain.
Image credit: Florida Atlantic University

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affecting more than 26 million adults aged 25 and above.

The condition is more prevalent among the elderly, affecting over 33 percent of seniors who are 65 years and older.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315225.php
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:06:16 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Can chair yoga relieve osteoarthritis pain?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:12:42 pm »
As much as some bring all of these aspects as to what Yoga means, spiritually, just as far as stretching muscles and the like, I use to have aching feet and all kinds of things, before I took up yoga. It also seems to combat backpain I get once in a while.

Granted, if one does some sort of position wrongfully or abuses the practice (Yoga), it has been known to hurt someone in that as well.