Author Topic: Howard Dean rallies the Internet with plan to ‘destroy’ Breitbart — and it’s already working  (Read 3867 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Applewood @catfish1957 @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Do you guys ever support anything conservative? Serious question.

You are looney.  Trump is not a conservative...  wby should I support him?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It is called "Living in a Bubble"  In this case, a "NeverTrump" bubble

Throwing memes like "never trump" and "bubbles" is all you Trumpets have.  You never directly respond on whether this orange fool is a conservative or not.   Calling us detractors "not conservative" is the ultimate of irony.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Throwing memes like "never trump" and "bubbles" is all you Trumpets have.  You never directly respond on whether this orange fool is a conservative or not.   Calling us detractors "not conservative" is the ultimate of irony.
I've never seen "winners" as bitter as those that backed Trump to the hilt.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

Two things not even addressed by the story.

1) Has the traffic at Breitbart changed?

2) Has advertising revenue at Breitbart changed?

Yes to #2.  I don't know about #1.

Over 400 major businesses have come out and said they will not allow their advertisements at Breitbart.

HonestJohn

Yeah. This is really putting them in their place.....

Breitbart News #45 Most Trafficked U.S. Website, Beats HuffPo, WaPo, FoxNews; 2 Billion Pageviews in 2016

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/01/09/breitbart-news-45-trafficked-u-s-website-beats-huffpo-wapo-foxnews-2-billion-pageviews-2016/

How is using statistics that use, for the overwhelming majority of the time, data from *BEFORE* this effort began...

...relevant?

Offline musiclady

Breitbart was once the most reliable conservative site.  Since Bannon took over and turned it into a propaganda arm for Trump, the site is no longer reliable or conservative. 

For the umpteenth time -- Trump has never been, nor is he now, a true conservative.  Those who say he has changed from his liberal ways are either delusional or lying through their teeth.

Not only is he not a "true conservative," he's not any kind of conservative.

I've noticed the assault tactic of the Trump brigade is now to attack disagreement with Trump as lack of conservatism, when, on this forum, the opposite is true.

IOW, they're getting more dishonest as time goes by.

What are they going to do next, attack non Trump people as immoral?

Black is white.  Up is down.  Right is wrong.

@Applewood
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

"Irony" is not the right word.

"Deceit" is the right word.

Trump is not now, nor ever will be one bit conservative, and that is the reason he is opposed by so many on this forum.

@catfish1957
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:23:09 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HonestJohn

Not only is he not a "true conservative," he's not any kind of conservative.

I've noticed the assault tactic of the Trump brigade is now to attack disagreement with Trump as lack of conservatism, when, on this forum, the opposite is true.

IOW, they're getting more dishonest as time goes by.

What are they going to do next, attack non Trump people as immoral?

Black is white.  Up is down.  Right is wrong.

@Applewood

I warned that, if Trump won, he and his would define Conservatism for a generation.  And that's EXACTLY what is happening.  It's a rehash of the Southern Democrat views from the 1960s.

Offline musiclady

I warned that, if Trump won, he and his would define Conservatism for a generation.  And that's EXACTLY what is happening.  It's a rehash of the Southern Democrat views from the 1960s.

You're right.

The Conservative movement will not likely recover from this assault by Trump in my lifetime.

The Republican party definitely won't.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

And as I warned back in the beginning that when we adopt the tactics of the left we face a real danger of becoming them. Its the whole "Ends justify the means attitude".

Lying to beat the democrats became lying to beat anyone who stands in the way.

Offline Cripplecreek

You're right.

The Conservative movement will not likely recover from this assault by Trump in my lifetime.

The Republican party definitely won't.

I'm already referring to myself as a Federalist so no one thinks I'm a Trump "conservative".

HonestJohn

I'm already referring to myself as a Federalist so no one thinks I'm a Trump "conservative".

I like the term 'Classic Liberal'.  For liberals generally nod and are too stupid to know what that actually means.

The downside is that just as many 'conservatives' are too stupid to know what that means.

---

From the Mises Institute:

"Classical liberalism" is the term used to designate the ideology advocating private property, an unhampered market economy, the rule of law, constitutional guarantees of freedom of religion and of the press, and international peace based on free trade.

Of course, this is in direct contravention to Trump's 'conservatism'.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:42:42 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I like that. 

Offline musiclady

Not a bad idea.

The Conservative "brand" is now tainted.  It means nothing any more because it stands for nothing.

Online roamer_1

I check Breitbart everyday. I may not agree with all articles they post and I didn't like the over the top support for Trump, but it is a good site to get information.

Haven't been there, or to Drudge for that matter, in over a year.
Won't be back.

Online roamer_1

For the umpteenth time -- Trump has never been, nor is he now, a true conservative.

He is not a conservative of any kind - true or otherwise.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump is not a conservative, never claimed to be, so let's stop this nonsense that he's sullying the brand. Trump has always been a nationalist. He himself has no control over a brand he already disowned.

It's the Republican Party, which claimed to be the bulwark of conservatism but has blatantly cast aside its own values to line up behind Trump and preserve its hand in the two-party duopoly, that is sullying the brand.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

I liked Breitbart.
I did for a long time.
I thought it was a great conservative site.
But, something did change when they went all in for Trump.
Not only did they lose their objectivity, they started making things up.
One example was a photograph of a HUGE Trump rally in Florida.

The only problem:

The photo was of the Cleveland Cavaliers victory parade.

When our side becomes like Pravda, or acts like the MSM, it is no longer "our" side.

Offline GrouchoTex

@Applewood @catfish1957 @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Do you guys ever support anything conservative? Serious question.

As far as Brietbart is concerned?

See my post, # 43.

If this is the new Conservatism, count me out.

Offline Cripplecreek

I liked Breitbart.
I did for a long time.

The only problem:

When our side becomes like Pravda, or acts like the MSM, it is no longer "our" side.

That and running with pictures of vast bikers for Trump rallies that 60 seconds of research easily debunked as being photos of Rolling thunder rallies from recent years.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, I look at his cabinet picks, and I compare them to the list of Hillary's picked that was just leaked.  Perhaps he's not "a" conservative, but to this point, he certainly appears a hell of a lot more conservative than was the alternative.
Conservative is as conservative does. Either you are Conservative or you aren't, it isn't a matter of moral relativism. Comparing Trump to the postulated Hillary's coulda shoulda woulda to call him Conservative is bogus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I call BS on Raw Story, that's using a leftist source to begin with.

So we can call BS next time you use Politico?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I liked Breitbart.
I did for a long time.

The only problem:

Just last week they reported that fake news story about the Muslims burning the church in Germany as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!