Author Topic: Howard Dean rallies the Internet with plan to ‘destroy’ Breitbart — and it’s already working  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Applewood

Too late, Howie.  Unless you're a Trump supporter,  Breitbart has already gone down the tubes.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Too late, Howie.  Unless you're a Trump supporter,  Breitbart has already gone down the tubes.

Exactly.  Brietbart lost relevancy after it got the Orange Plague.  AB is spinning in his grave.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

Two things not even addressed by the story.

1) Has the traffic at Breitbart changed?

2) Has advertising revenue at Breitbart changed?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. This is really putting them in their place.....

Breitbart News #45 Most Trafficked U.S. Website, Beats HuffPo, WaPo, FoxNews; 2 Billion Pageviews in 2016

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/01/09/breitbart-news-45-trafficked-u-s-website-beats-huffpo-wapo-foxnews-2-billion-pageviews-2016/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't like either Breitbart or Trump.  However, I dislike the "silence all opposition" strategy of the left much, much more, so I'm rooting for Breitbart to win this one.

Offline Night Hides Not

@Applewood @catfish1957 @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Do you guys ever support anything conservative? Serious question.

IMO, they've demonstrated they are far more conservative than PEOTUS. We only have a general idea of where Trump wants to take this country, as his positions shift depending on his audience.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Breitbart has already destroyed any credibility they once had.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
IMO, they've demonstrated they are far more conservative than PEOTUS. We only have a general idea of where Trump wants to take this country, as his positions shift depending on his audience.

I'm ideologically rooted dead center where I was 2 years ago. Using big government power to force compliance with occupy wall street demands is the same fascism today that it was 2 years ago.

The owner of TOS called Trump a lying liberal scumbag just w years ago. Now he's orally polishing boot leather with the rest of the worshipers.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Breitbart News #45 Most Trafficked U.S. Website, Beats HuffPo, WaPo, FoxNews; 2 Billion Pageviews in 2016

According to... themselves.
http://www.breitbart.com/ (...)

I call BS
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I call BS on Raw Story, that's using a leftist source to begin with.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It is called "Living in a Bubble"  In this case, a "NeverTrump" bubble
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Exactly.  Brietbart lost relevancy after it got the Orange Plague.  AB is spinning in his grave.

I don't know what happened but Breitbart used to appear daily on my Facebook page and doesn't any more.  Also same for Rush Limbaugh.

So, I haven't seen anything from Breitbart in ages.  I assume they are still up to their old Trump tricks.

But Howard Dean?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

Breitbart was once the most reliable conservative site.  Since Bannon took over and turned it into a propaganda arm for Trump, the site is no longer reliable or conservative. 

For the umpteenth time -- Trump has never been, nor is he now, a true conservative.  Those who say he has changed from his liberal ways are either delusional or lying through their teeth. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Those who say he has changed from his liberal ways are either delusional or lying through their teeth.   

Well, I look at his cabinet picks, and I compare them to the list of Hillary's picked that was just leaked.  Perhaps he's not "a" conservative, but to this point, he certainly appears a hell of a lot more conservative than was the alternative.

Offline endicom

...Trump has never been, nor is he now, a true conservative.

Nor is there any such thing. As with any such grouping, the more conservatives prevail will be the more conservatives faction.

Offline bilo

I check Breitbart everyday. I may not agree with all articles they post and I didn't like the over the top support for Trump, but it is a good site to get information.

I didn't vote for Trump, but now that we have him I'm hoping for the best. So far I like a lot of what I've seen. Just because Breitbart was a big supporter doesn't mean it is the enemy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Bill Clinton and Barack Obama both say they have taught Constitutional Law.

Therefore as a practical matter, a great fellow like Sen. Cruz, with all his "Constitutional Conservative" creds, doen't really stand out. Plus his speaking style is to some, tedious.

Trump didn't run as an ideologue. He ran as a pragmatist. He ran on a list of subjects that Americans and conservatives have wanted for years.

--Stronger border security
--resist muslim immigration and infiltration
--Restore respect for America, abroad "Peace Through Strength"
--Protect American jobs
--Return to common sense

"True conservatives" joined other Americans in answering that appeal.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bill Clinton and Barack Obama both say they have taught Constitutional Law.

Therefore as a practical matter, a great fellow like Sen. Cruz, with all his "Constitutional Conservative" creds, doen't really stand out. Plus his speaking style is to some, tedious.

Trump didn't run as an ideologue. He ran as a pragmatist. He ran on a list of subjects that Americans and conservatives have wanted for years.

--Stronger border security
--resist muslim immigration and infiltration
--Restore respect for America, abroad "Peace Through Strength"
--Protect American jobs
--Return to common sense

"True conservatives" joined other Americans in answering that appeal.

What does your comment have to do with this topic?   :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I check Breitbart everyday. I may not agree with all articles they post and I didn't like the over the top support for Trump, but it is a good site to get information.

I didn't vote for Trump, but now that we have him I'm hoping for the best. So far I like a lot of what I've seen. Just because Breitbart was a big supporter doesn't mean it is the enemy.

Uh...

I guess you're right.  Trying to find an unblemished media source is pretty tough anyway.

I just clicked on a story they had about some imam saying that the terrorist truck attack in Israel was a justified expression of jihad.  The problem is that nowhere in the story did they reveal the source -- they quoted the guy but never stated from where they got that quote.  So, I don't trust the article.  In contrast, they do have some articles that are well-sourced, so I do use those.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Uh...

I guess you're right.  Trying to find an unblemished media source is pretty tough anyway.

I just clicked on a story they had about some imam saying that the terrorist truck attack in Israel was a justified expression of jihad.  The problem is that nowhere in the story did they reveal the source -- they quoted the guy but never stated from where they got that quote.  So, I don't trust the article.  In contrast, they do have some articles that are well-sourced, so I do use those.

There was one posted here from Breitbart that was clearly fake news.  A few incidents manipulated to look like a conclusion that the writers wanted.  Sad to see what Breitbart could have continued to be and what it has become.

Offline libertybele

Well, I look at his cabinet picks, and I compare them to the list of Hillary's picked that was just leaked.  Perhaps he's not "a" conservative, but to this point, he certainly appears a hell of a lot more conservative than was the alternative.

To this point, I'd have to agree.  In looking at Trump's pick of Sessions, two things immediately come to mind though; yes Sessions has been very strong in opposing illegal immigration and stood by Cruz during the debates but then later endorsed Trump.  Why?  My hunch is payola; Trump and Sessions made a deal.  Keep in mind, one thing about Trump's cabinet nominations, he can also ask them to resign down the road.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Vulcan

Trump has never been, nor is he now, a true conservative.

That is a well established fact.  Yet you needn't look far to find one of his mindless followers who will try and fail to argue otherwise.