Author Topic: Ted Cruz, Texas governor meet with Taiwan president  (Read 2387 times)

Offline corbe

Ted Cruz, Texas governor meet with Taiwan president
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:45:33 pm »
Ted Cruz, Texas governor meet with Taiwan president
Associated Press
 January 8, 2017 — 4:15pm

HOUSTON — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Gov. Greg Abbott said they met Sunday with Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen while she was passing through Houston on her way to Central America.

The Republican senator said in a news release that during his meeting with Tsai, they "discussed our mutual opportunity to upgrade the stature of our bilateral relations" in a talk that addressed arms sales, diplomatic exchanges and economic relations.

"Furthering economic cooperation between our two nations must be a priority; increased access to Taiwanese markets will benefit Texas farmers, ranchers and small business owners alike," he said.

A news release from Abbott, also a Republican, said he and Tsai discussed energy, trade relations and commercial ties between Taiwan and Texas. He said they talked about "how our two economies can expand upon our already prosperous trade partnership."

An official with Republican President elect-Donald Trump's transition team has said neither Trump nor transition officials would be meeting with Tsai. Her stop in the U.S. was scrutinized by Beijing for any signs that Trump's team would risk its ire by further engaging with the self-ruled island that China considers its territory.

<..snip..>

http://www.startribune.com/ted-cruz-texas-governor-meet-with-taiwan-president/410021905/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Ted Cruz, Texas governor meet with Taiwan president
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:03:42 am »
   Hey @TomSea looks like your boy is trying to start a war with China.

BOO

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:02:57 am »

BOO

LOL!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:10:31 am »

Snipped

@Mod1 @Sanguine   , @corbe

I don't know if this is "calling one out" but should be looked at. And this is putting it mildly.

That is generally unacceptable in forums, and like nasty name-calling, I will try to leave that to you all.

If the mods don't do anything, I'm sure some appropriate response can be applied.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:14:17 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:17:32 am »
@Sanguine @corbe

Enjoy graphics then.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:19:20 am by TomSea »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 02:17:41 am »
I don't see them as *calling you out*...they pinged you to a thread...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 04:59:45 am »

Ted Cruz meets with Taiwan president, tells China to butt out
By Daniel Chaitin (@danielchaitin7) • 1/8/17 3:27 PM

Following President-elect Trump's lead in redefining the U.S.-Taiwan relationship, Sen. Ted Cruz on Saturday met with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen in Houston, rejecting a Chinese demand that lawmakers refuse to meet with her.

Cruz, who was joined in the meeting by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and a group of Texas legislators, sent a stern message to China in response to a letter by Chinese officials to the Houston congressional delegation asking them not to meet with the Taiwanese leader.

"The People's Republic of China needs to understand that, in America, we make decisions about meeting with visitors for ourselves," the Texas senator and former presidential candidate said in a statement following the meeting.

"This is not about the PRC. This is about the U.S. relationship with Taiwan, an ally we are legally bound to defend," Cruz said. "The Chinese do not give us veto power over those with whom they meet."

<..snip..>

Cruz said the Chinese letter to the Houston congressional delegation asked lawmakers not to meet with Tsai and to uphold the "One China" policy. But the senator dismissed the message, saying, "We will continue to meet with anyone, including the Taiwanese, as we see fit."

"The US-Taiwan relationship is not on the negotiating table," Cruz said. "It is bound in statute and founded on common interests. I look forward to working with President Tsai to strengthen our partnership."

During the meeting, Cruz said he and Tsai "discussed our mutual opportunity to upgrade the stature of our bilateral relations in a wide-ranging discussion that addressed arms sales, diplomatic exchanges, and economic relations."

"Furthering economic cooperation between our two nations must be a priority; increased access to Taiwanese markets will benefit Texas farmers, ranchers and small business owners alike," he added.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-meets-with-taiwan-president-tells-china-to-butt-out/article/2611230

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 12:53:14 am »
@Sanguine  @corbe

yeah settle down before they go full linguine on ya
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 01:03:51 am »
@Sanguine  @corbe

yeah settle down before they go full linguine on ya

I like linguine, but as a food, not a political concept.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 01:05:43 am »
I like linguine, but as a food, not a political concept.

It is 50 lashes with a wet noodle.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 11:20:03 am »
LOL!

Here is the latest quote today from DCP.......

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,243381.msg1188278/topicseen.html#msg1188278
"Must be something in that Texas water....seems all the 'nuts' on the forum come from there".

The Board Turd really lets us know what he thinks of us.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:21:39 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 02:05:59 am »

BOO

War? I didn't see that in the article.  Where did you pull that out?

Are you implying that the many, many meetings between Congress, Executive with foreign leaders that go on all the time imply wars are being planned?

Good grief, your hatred of someone is unbelievable to be that way.  Grow up.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington