Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States  (Read 67383 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: LIVE THREAD: Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States
« Reply #875 on: January 21, 2017, 07:10:31 am »
Talk is cheap.

Know a man by his deeds.

Trump may govern as a conservative.  He may pay fealty to the conservatives who choked down the bile and voted for him.

But by his life's history he is NOT a conservative.

Conservatism is not something you put on this morning, like a clean shirt.  It's a political philosophy; it's a set of beliefs as regards politics, as regard the role of government in the lives of free men.

We shall see...we shall see.  I'll applaud him when he's right; but I will never, EVER trust him.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #876 on: January 21, 2017, 07:14:49 am »
'We' did it, @R4 TrumPence !   :beer:
YES WE DID!!!!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🎉🎉🎆🎆🎇🎇💝💝🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

034 :hands: :peeonobama: 8888spinning cat ***cool cat***

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #877 on: January 21, 2017, 07:21:23 am »
Talk is cheap.

Know a man by his deeds.

Trump may govern as a conservative.  He may pay fealty to the conservatives who choked down the bile and voted for him.

But by his life's history he is NOT a conservative.

Conservatism is not something you put on this morning, like a clean shirt.  It's a political philosophy; it's a set of beliefs as regards politics, as regard the role of government in the lives of free men.

We shall see...we shall see.  I'll applaud him when he's right; but I will never, EVER trust him.

I don't trust him. But ...

Your first two lines flatly contradict each other.

If President Trump governs conservatively - those are his deeds.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #878 on: January 21, 2017, 11:28:41 am »
I don't trust him. But ...

Your first two lines flatly contradict each other.

If President Trump governs conservatively - those are his deeds.

I spent considerable time last night watching a number of interviews with his children.

I grew to respect him much more.

His access to his kids--at all ages--in the middle of all kinds of important meetings--was impressive. He's a workaholic but somehow he COMMUNICATED effectively that his kids were a top priority in his life. That translated quite powerfully as love to those kids.

THAT, as a ton of research shows, contributes 80% to the variance of what makes kids succeed as adults vs fail as adults.

He also came across clearly, per his kids, as standing for an above average level of integrity in relationships and in one's work (I realize the average bar is low).

When he was in on the interviews with the kids, he answered rather straightforwardly and candid pluck.

I still don't know what the oligarchy is going to do with him. I seems to me that if Trump follows through with the cast and track he's set out on--they will Fosterize him far too soon--unless earnest prayers of the people help keep him alive.

If it's all a scripted charade that the oligarchy seems to always operate within . . . then . . . God only knows what is going on and will go on with Trump.

It is conceivable that he's being set up to have the oligarchy trigger WW3 &/or an utter economic melt-down and then the conservatives, Christians and traditional values would be wholesale blamed. And, perhaps, then, all the wild-haired psychotic demonstrators (seen the last 48 hours would mushroom in numbers and) would overnight be turned into storm-troopers to trash and kill conservatives and Christians. And the cherished long anticipated oligarchy started civil war would be off and running.

The oligarchy loves chaos and destruction to raise on the ashes, phoenix-like, their new tyranny. They could be scripting Trump toward such ends.

However, IF, as seems more likely than I expected, he follows through as his core values, character and family relationships and priorities seem to indicate--then we might have some months, even years of hope between now and utter destruction racing ever faster toward Armageddon.

I am curious what massively devastating National or world stage incident(s) the oligarchy is going to throw in Trump's lap. They may be surprised at how he handles it--if--he's really being authentic in the role as his own--non-illuminati man.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:18:42 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #879 on: January 21, 2017, 02:01:41 pm »
Trump may govern as a conservative.  ... But by his life's history he is NOT a conservative.
I agree that Trump has not in years past given any indication he's a conservative, the way most of us would define it. He certainly isn't ideological about it.

But I don't care whether or not he is a conservative as long as he governs as a conservative. I don't care if he's a green man from Mars (or orange man from NYC), as long as he reverses the damage wrought by B. Hussein Obama. If he does the things a conservative would do, great.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #880 on: January 21, 2017, 02:47:53 pm »
I agree that Trump has not in years past given any indication he's a conservative, the way most of us would define it. He certainly isn't ideological about it.

But I don't care whether or not he is a conservative as long as he governs as a conservative. I don't care if he's a green man from Mars (or orange man from NYC), as long as he reverses the damage wrought by B. Hussein Obama. If he does the things a conservative would do, great.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

We will see soon enough!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #882 on: January 21, 2017, 03:31:10 pm »
Lots of good photos here

Partying With President Trump:
Exclusive Look Inside the Inaugural Balls
Six of my friends were there - will have to look for them (although I've already seen their pics on Facebook).  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #883 on: January 21, 2017, 03:35:58 pm »
Lots of good photos here

Partying With President Trump:
Exclusive Look Inside the Inaugural Balls
http://wwd.com/eye/parties/gallery/donald-trump-inauguration-ball-fashion-see-all-the-looks-of-the-night-10756813/#!18/us-presidential-inauguration-a-salute-to-our-armed-services-ball-washington-usa-20-jan-2017

@mystery-ak

The more I see of Mrs. Pence's big blue dress, the more it sticks out like a sore thumb for me.  It was an improvement on the earlier one, though.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2017, 03:41:14 pm »

Hear, hear....well said!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #885 on: January 21, 2017, 04:22:03 pm »
http://nypost.com/2017/01/20/who-were-melania-and-ivanka-wearing-at-the-inaugural-ball/

Who were Melania and Ivanka wearing at the inaugural ball?
Support the USO

Offline beandog

« Reply #886 on: January 21, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »

@mystery-ak

The more I see of Mrs. Pence's big blue dress, the more it sticks out like a sore thumb for me.  It was an improvement on the earlier one, though.
I preferred the color of her dress to the Trump women.  The problem with Mrs. Pence is that she is short and squat and she wears dresses that make her look shorter and squater.  There's just to much material.  For some reason overweight women think if they wear big clothing it will make them look smaller.  It doesn't work that way.  It just makes her look like a giant balloon.  I think the color would look good on her just not so much material.

That is my catty remark for the day. :whistle:

Silver Pines

« Reply #887 on: January 21, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »
I preferred the color of her dress to the Trump women.  The problem with Mrs. Pence is that she is short and squat and she wears dresses that make her look shorter and squater.  There's just to much material.  For some reason overweight women think if they wear big clothing it will make them look smaller.  It doesn't work that way.  It just makes her look like a giant balloon.  I think the color would look good on her just not so much material.

@beandog

Oh, I don't think it's catty.  Most women have an interest in clothing, and we naturally critique what we see according to our own tastes.  I could say all of the dresses were equally lovely, but who's buying that, lol?

I agree with you...larger women who wear big/loose clothing end up with a tent effect.  Mrs. Pence's voluminous skirt just made her look wider.  She might have been better off with some good shapewear and a more moderate line to the dress. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #888 on: January 21, 2017, 04:45:05 pm »
Dancing with the military....perfect ending for the day.

Yes, it was @alicewonders

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #889 on: January 21, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »

@beandog

Oh, I don't think it's catty.  Most women have an interest in clothing, and we naturally critique what we see according to our own tastes.  I could say all of the dresses were equally lovely, but who's buying that, lol?

I agree with you...larger women who wear big/loose clothing end up with a tent effect.  Mrs. Pence's voluminous skirt just made her look wider.  She might have been better off with some good shapewear and a more moderate line to the dress. 

Off and on through my 70 years, I've thought about such things.

RE dressing larger women.

I finally came to the conclusion . . . there's no hiding large girth. One can slightly minimize the looks of it--but not by a great deal.

In past years and areas, there have been tendencies of some large women to wear large tent sorts of styles in very very bright printed flower patterns. That will sure splash one's eyes with plenty of color.

I finally decided that--given that there's no hiding their 'whaleness,' more power to them to wear whatever color, pattern and shaped dress THEY enjoyed. And hang everyone else's opinions--which were likely to be negative, REGARDLESS of what sort of 'tent' they wore, anyway.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #890 on: January 21, 2017, 04:51:52 pm »

I love that blue color.  If I could have Ivanka's dress in that color I would be in heaven.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:52:09 pm by Puss-N-Boots »
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #891 on: January 21, 2017, 04:52:14 pm »
You looked terrific, too, Tiffany!   ^-^

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #892 on: January 21, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »

And that is essentially the beginning and the end of the argument.    Explained succinctly.  :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #893 on: January 21, 2017, 06:32:01 pm »

@mystery-ak

Yeah...well, at least it's not a pantsuit.    :laugh:

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #894 on: January 21, 2017, 06:43:29 pm »
Did anybody see the deliberate snub of the President by one of the church members as the service ended this morning?  It was subtle, but it was there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #895 on: January 21, 2017, 07:02:56 pm »
Pence and his wife?

Hoosiers;

And probably a part of America that has been overlooked for 8 years if not longer.

That's a lovely state, Kansas is too; lots of places we don't normally hear about, real Americana.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #896 on: January 21, 2017, 09:02:41 pm »
Trump's picture in the post office yet? I'll be looking. I know some federal offices have the president's picture.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #897 on: January 21, 2017, 09:10:13 pm »
Trump's picture in the post office yet? I'll be looking. I know some federal offices have the president's picture.
DHS doesn't have it yet.  We've been instructed to take Obama down and put up a placeholder until the photos arrive.

Wingnut

« Reply #898 on: January 21, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »

Do they still put "Wanted" pictures up in the P.O.

Silver Pines

« Reply #899 on: January 22, 2017, 12:22:45 am »
Yeah...well, at least it's not a pantsuit.    :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Oh, no argument there.  Someone on Twitter referred to Hillary in one of her suits as an oven mitt with feet.