Author Topic: People fleeing New York outnumber those moving in by 2-1  (Read 844 times)

rangerrebew

People fleeing New York outnumber those moving in by 2-1
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:04:55 pm »
January 4, 2017
By Rick Moran

The clearest sign that the "blue model" of governance is failing can be found in statistics compiled by United Van Lines, the nation's largest moving company. They report that outbound residents in New York outnumber inbound residents by 2-1 - a higher percentage of any state except New Jersey and Illinois.

Overall. the East Coast is seeing an exodus of citizens, with 59% of moves in that region outbound.

Albany Times Union:

The 2016 National Movers Study by Fenton, Mo.- based United also found that almost 59 percent of the moves within the eastern United States were outbound.

Where were people moving? Mostly to western states and the Carolinas, with one exception. That exception was Vermont, which ranked second on the list of states with the highest proportion  -- 67 percent -- of inbound moves.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/people_fleeing_new_york_outnumber_those_moving_in_by_21.html#ixzz4Uo0Q7l9a
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: People fleeing New York outnumber those moving in by 2-1
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 04:26:14 pm »
How much money has New York spent on their pro-business advertising campaign?

Surely it is in the hundreds of millions.  These ads have been running for several years now and I remember seeing them all the time on TV.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 04:34:54 pm »
And per some, taking liberal values to places like North Carolina.  Ever wonder how it's becoming more difficult to elect some conservatives in some traditionally red states like NC or Colorado. Hopefully, folks will shape up.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:46:54 pm »
I go into NYC for three reasons now, the Van Goghs and the Frick museum and Hayden planetarium.

I would go to a ball game but it's way too expensive now.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:21:16 am »
From the article:
"with one exception. That exception was Vermont, which ranked second on the list of states with the highest proportion  -- 67 percent -- of inbound moves."

As leftward-leaning as it is, Vermont will probably remain one of the last "most-livable" states in the country (providing one doesn't mind the concept of "winter").

The reason:
Diversity.
Or, more correctly, the -lack- of it "up there"...

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 02:40:36 am »
No worries.  NY can replace the departed with a fresh batch of asylum seekers.   

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 02:48:14 am »
Andy Boy Broccoli Head's new stipends for college attendance will reverse the flow.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 03:07:36 am »
My family was in New York for centuries, long before this nation was anyone's dream.  And my siblings and I have all left.

I'd love to go back, but there are two reasons why I don't.... economics (jobs and taxes), control-freakishness (laws and bureaucracy), and -- though a derivation of the first two -- the spreading cancer of New York City.

The state is beautiful; people outside of "downstate" are great; the climate is to my liking.

But the government?  No way!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 03:56:52 am »
I wish the refugees had taken some notes before they left.  People from NYC aren't the most introspective, and they only remember the good qualities from their homeland.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 11:36:24 pm »
January 4, 2017
By Rick Moran

The clearest sign that the "blue model" of governance is failing can be found in statistics compiled by United Van Lines, the nation's largest moving company. They report that outbound residents in New York outnumber inbound residents by 2-1 - a higher percentage of any state except New Jersey and Illinois.

Overall. the East Coast is seeing an exodus of citizens, with 59% of moves in that region outbound.

Albany Times Union:

The 2016 National Movers Study by Fenton, Mo.- based United also found that almost 59 percent of the moves within the eastern United States were outbound.

Where were people moving? Mostly to western states and the Carolinas, with one exception. That exception was Vermont, which ranked second on the list of states with the highest proportion  -- 67 percent -- of inbound moves.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/people_fleeing_new_york_outnumber_those_moving_in_by_21.html#ixzz4Uo0Q7l9a
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
How about looking at Uhaul?

Got online, got a quote for a 15' truck from NYC to Dallas, then got another one from Dallas to NYC.

Results:

Dallas to NYC, all-in price $751
NYC to Dallas, all-in price $2,351

People are escaping NYC in droves.  Uhaul makes it money from folks leaving, not going back.

I did the same to and from Dallas and Los Angeles, the result was not quite as bad. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,240794.msg1178534.html#msg1178534
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 09:18:48 am »
My family was in New York for centuries, long before this nation was anyone's dream.  And my siblings and I have all left.

I'd love to go back, but there are two reasons why I don't.... economics (jobs and taxes), control-freakishness (laws and bureaucracy), and -- though a derivation of the first two -- the spreading cancer of New York City.

The state is beautiful; people outside of "downstate" are great; the climate is to my liking.

But the government?  No way!
Mine in Maryland. I miss having a boat, and 4 seasons, but between laws and taxes I couldn't live there now. I'd have to sell off half of my firearms just because they aren't legal there. Never mind that. (Siblings moved out, too.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis