Author Topic: BREAKING: Ted Cruz Introduces AWESOME Constitutional Amendment  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: BREAKING: Ted Cruz Introduces AWESOME Constitutional Amendment
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 05:21:35 pm »
I have a much simpler plan, and it won't take very long to implement:

From April 1 to October 31 of every year, disable the air conditioning system in the Capitol. Our Founding Fathers could not have foreseen the invention of environmental control systems, otherwise I believe they would have put term limits on Congress when crafting the Constitution.

The following article lends support to my plan:

http://www.ozy.com/flashback/ac/dc-air-conditioning-the-rise-of-big-government/32523

:beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 05:25:11 pm »
Am I wrong about this?  It's a two-front attack by Trump and Cruz.

1) PEOTUS hits the GOP over the head with a 2 X 4 regarding the Ethics Panel tinkering...which upset the party politicians in continuing their legendary rags to riches schemes.

2) Ted Cruz introducing term limits...at first glance to a GOP Rep or Senator, would translate into rabid corruption, with members trying to become millionaires in a shorter time span.

:shrug:

Cruz has been vigilant in standing up to the Washington cartel and Trump has vowed to drain the swamp. Interesting how the same politicians who stated they would leave if either became POTUS are still hanging around!  I was hoping that we would witness a herd of RINO's leaving D.C.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 05:32:09 pm »
We'd have more churn with our elected officials in the House if our states didn't gerrymander election-proof, safe, districts.

Eliminate that and we eliminate the cause of the problem, instead of treating the symptom.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 05:32:44 pm »
But what if I'm a female landowner?  :whistle:

Just checked. You still can't vote. Also if you purchased that land while you were married, the deed is null and void. If you inherited it from your husband, you're in good shape.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 05:35:01 pm »
I have a much simpler plan, and it won't take very long to implement:

From April 1 to October 31 of every year, disable the air conditioning system in the Capitol. Our Founding Fathers could not have foreseen the invention of environmental control systems, otherwise I believe they would have put term limits on Congress when crafting the Constitution.

The following article lends support to my plan:

http://www.ozy.com/flashback/ac/dc-air-conditioning-the-rise-of-big-government/32523

:beer:
Love it!  :beer:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
We'd have more churn with our elected officials in the House if our states didn't gerrymander election-proof, safe, districts.

Eliminate that and we eliminate the cause of the problem, instead of treating the symptom.

You would still have the same politicians being recyled; i.e., McCain.  McCain has been in the Senate for 30 years! IMHO regardless of what the man does or hasn't done and regardless of how the districts are redrawn (which lately has benefited the DEMS) the people of AZ will continue to elect him till he steps down or passes. The only way to successfully ensure that we don't have Congressmen serving in the same seat for decades is term limits. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 05:44:18 pm »
Nice thought Ted.  But you are whacky if you think you can .......

(1) get a majority of 535 professional DC Grifters to agree to this
(2) get 38 statehouse semi professional grifters to agree to this.  (they know they'd be next.)
(3) circumnavigate the a hostile collective of judicial grifters to let this get near this far.

Green Eggs and Ham is more plausible in real life.  These are entitlement slugs who are sucking on the left hind teat of the tax payers.   Only blood and pitchforks are going to change anything in this department.
The Presidential term limit amendment did not include the President serving at the time (Truman). If this Amendment did not include those presently serving it could probably be passed.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 05:45:08 pm »
You would still have the same politicians being recyled; i.e., McCain.  McCain has been in the Senate for 30 years! IMHO regardless of what the man does or hasn't done and regardless of how the districts are redrawn (which lately has benefited the DEMS) the people of AZ will continue to elect him till he steps down or passes. The only way to successfully ensure that we don't have Congressmen serving in the same seat for decades is term limits.
At least we ought to make them give up their pensions, healthcare, and other bennies after two turns.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline rodamala

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 06:04:22 pm »
Let's see if this actually is passed and put into effect or is just more hotdogging by Cruz for attention.

I would have hoped you gave up Cruz bashing as a New Year's resolution, but I see you have resolved to continue the your primary season douchbaggery straight through to Trump's impeachment.

Offline endicom

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 06:09:31 pm »
But what if I'm a female landowner?  :whistle:

As long as the female land is fertile.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:21 pm »
I would have hoped you gave up Cruz bashing as a New Year's resolution, but I see you have resolved to continue the your primary season douchbaggery straight through to Trump's impeachment.

I still have several members of this forum on 'ignore' for that very reason; some people just aren't able to move forward.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 06:16:11 pm »
I don't believe our forefathers ever imagined an electorate as ignorant and naive as the current one.  Otherwise, they might have included it.

Our Forefathers never imagined Senators chosen by statewide popular vote either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rodamala

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2017, 06:17:08 pm »
LOL. Well I agree with you. We need to get back to what the forefathers wanted. Getting rid of women voting will be a great start. Then we can get rid of the people who don't own land. Problem solved.

Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner!

My dear old mom was the first person I know of to quite openly state that the nation really started to go to shit when 19A was ratified.  Personally, I think it started with 17A.

debrawiest

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2017, 06:18:29 pm »
Our Forefathers never imagined Senators chosen by statewide popular vote either.

Very true.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 06:21:40 pm »
Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner!

I've been there.  ^-^

debrawiest

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 06:23:37 pm »

As long as the female land is fertile.

Ha ha!

geronl

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2017, 06:24:23 pm »

Maybe, but if he can get more people to think about it and talk about it then he has helped

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2017, 06:25:48 pm »
Trump said he wanted term limits, so perhaps DeSantis and Cruz are just following Trump's lead and they should both be applaud for that.

But that runs counter to the narrative by the Levin-bots and Beck-bots that their man is the god of the constitution.

To think, if a Republican had not been elected, we wouldn't even be talking about this, but let not that influence the false narrative others put forth.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:27 pm »

(1) get a majority of 535 professional DC Grifters to agree to this
(2) get 38 statehouse semi professional grifters to agree to this.  (they know they'd be next.)
(3) circumnavigate the a hostile collective of judicial grifters to let this get near this far.

Green Eggs and Ham is more plausible in real life.  These are entitlement slugs who are sucking on the left hind teat of the tax payers.   Only blood and pitchforks are going to change anything in this department.

:amen:

The founding father made sure it takes an arm and a leg to amend the Constitution.

I would like to know who in the Senate on the Dem side to get the necessary 2/3..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2017, 06:53:07 pm »
Trump said he wanted term limits, so perhaps DeSantis and Cruz are just following Trump's lead and they should both be applaud for that.

But that runs counter to the narrative by the Levin-bots and Beck-bots that their man is the god of the constitution.

To think, if a Republican had not been elected, we wouldn't even be talking about this, but let not that influence the false narrative others put forth.

But it is DOA..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 06:58:28 pm »
I still have several members of this forum on 'ignore' for that very reason; some people just aren't able to move forward.

One simple question....yes or no, please?

Have the forum #nevertrumps been able "to move forward"?     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »
While I wholeheartedly agree with this amendment, and think it should have been included in the original Constitution, I think that the chances of this actually passing are slim and none--and slim has left town.

It won't pass Congress, of course.  But if we can get an Article V convention convened, it will probably pass handily, and be quickly ratified by the necessary states.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 07:07:38 pm »

Yes.  Next question!
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

geronl

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 07:35:39 pm »
Yes.  Next question!

The poor snowflakes are still whining about #nevertrump - wow!

Offline corbe

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 07:41:23 pm »

@DCPatriot

NO!
   But, my dislike for that Orange buffoon is subsiding abit, unlike your Cruz hatred.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.