Author Topic: More than 1,100 law school professors nationwide oppose Sessions’s nomination as attorney general  (Read 830 times)

Wingnut

Poor babies. 
Why don't they sue?

A group of more than 1,100 law school professors from across the country is sending a letter to Congress on Tuesday urging the Senate to reject the nomination of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) for attorney general.

The letter, signed by professors from 170 law schools in 48 states, is also scheduled to run as a full-page newspaper ad aimed at members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which will be holding confirmation hearings for Sessions on Jan. 10-11.

“We are convinced that Jeff Sessions will not fairly enforce our nation’s laws and promote justice and equality in the United States,” states the letter, signed by prominent legal scholars including Laurence H. Tribe of Harvard Law School, Geoffrey R. Stone of the University of Chicago Law School, Pamela S. Karlan of Stanford Law School and Erwin Chemerinsky of the University of California at Irvine School of Law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/more-than-1100-law-school-professors-nationwide-oppose-sessionss-nomination-as-attorney-general/2017/01/03/dbf55750-d1cc-11e6-a783-cd3fa950f2fd_story.html

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Good.   The country will be better without them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mom MD

The best endorsement of sessions yet!  If the law school professors aren't happy then I'm happy.....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:20:04 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline Frank Cannon

This list of Profs reads like a who's who of the Communist Party. Larry Tribe? Who gives a shit what he has to say.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Keep the list coming.  It will list who we need to dismember
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

Isn't Sessions a great proponent of drug forfeiture laws where the government takes private property without any real need for due process?

I find that a big problem and contrary to the constitution.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
The best endorsement of sessions yet!  If the law school professors aren't happy then I'm happy.....

Bingo

I wonder how those law school professors feel about governmental agencies being used as political weapons?  They've been strangely silent the past 8 years.