Author Topic: MCCAIN: SHOUTING ‘ALLAHU AKHBAR!’ SAME AS CHRISTIANS SHOUTING ‘THANK GOD!’  (Read 3808 times)

rangerrebew

MCCAIN: SHOUTING ‘ALLAHU AKHBAR!’ SAME AS CHRISTIANS SHOUTING ‘THANK GOD!’
by Ben Shapiro, Breitbart  |  published on September 4, 2013

mccain-foxnews
On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that Fox News host Brian Kilmeade was Islamaphobic because he said that Syrian opposition groups shouting “Allahu Akhbar! Allahu Akhbar!” as rockets hit government offices demonstrated Islamist influence among the opposition.

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” Kilmeade said. McCain responded: “Would you have a problem with an American or Christians saying ‘thank God? Thank God?’” He added, “That’s what they’re saying. Come on! Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.” McCain provided no evidence to suggest that Syrian opposition groups are moderate, as opposed to the wide swath of evidence suggesting that the opposition is heavily infested with al Qaeda.

Read more at 1776 Coalition: http://www.1776coalition.com/featured-content/mccain-shouting-allahu-akhbar-same-as-christians-shouting-thank-god/#ixzz4UcXu1rSY
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:03:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Night Hides Not

We're stuck with him for another six years. Thanks, Arizona!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

We're stuck with him for another six years. Thanks, Arizona!

Poor John...Slowly sinking into the abyss that is senility.

Offline bolobaby

Well, it is.

Except when Christians shout "Thank God" it is because someone is safe, or healed, or their life has improved.

When Muslims shout "Thank God" it is because their death cult has decapitated another unbeliever, or thrown another homo off a building, or they convinced another 10 year old girl to blow themselves up on a bus.

So he's not wrong - it just actually highlights the problem with Islam as a whole.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

HonestJohn

No.

It's the equivalent of saying "Praise Jesus" or "Praise the Lord".

As in "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".

Only the Islamist's ammo tends to be bombs instead of bullets.  And their targets tend to be civilians.

Offline skeeter

No.

It's the equivalent of saying "Praise Jesus" or "Praise the Lord".

As in "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".

Only the Islamist's ammo tends to be bombs instead of bullets.  And their targets tend to be civilians.

It would be the equivalent of "Jesus is greater" as in greater than your God, not "praise the Lord'" which is a simple expression of gratitude.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:33:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, it is.

Except when Christians shout "Thank God" it is because someone is safe, or healed, or their life has improved.

When Muslims shout "Thank God" it is because their death cult has decapitated another unbeliever, or thrown another homo off a building, or they convinced another 10 year old girl to blow themselves up on a bus.

So he's not wrong - it just actually highlights the problem with Islam as a whole.

Agreed. He's speaking a literal truth. Unfortunately when Muslims say it someone is either about to blow up or has recently blown up.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't know if it would be said per many walks of life in the Islamic world, if one might say it at times, like "Oh My God" I don't know.

But if one disagrees with this, it is curious that Spanish has a word that many think, basically comes from the Moor Muslim occupation of Spain in the evolution of the Spanish language and mentions per some people, a variance of Allah.

Ojalá which I'm sure many have heard.

http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/ojal%C3%A1

-------

So, if Muslims were playing a soccer game or something, would they ever say that? I don't know. They also say something like Al Salam.  And also "God is great" or something.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
McCain does not know, understand or even has read up on Islam.  "Allah Akhbar" is often translated as "God is great".  That is not correct.  The actual translation is "Allah is greater".  It's use in the middle east is often when something bad is about to happen as a prayer for intended outcome or after something bad has happened as a means of reassurance to those around. 

In the later case, say when some bomb blows up and many injured.  "Allah Akhbar" is shouted by those that can to remind everyone that Allah is in control of the situation and all will unfold according to Allah's will.  This is one of the reason that followers of Islam take little if any personal responsibility - because it is Allah's will.  Little children in the west often say "The devil made me do it." This is the same attempt to ditch responsibility.

Offline Mom MD

Really.   I was unaware that Christian's shout "thank God" before and during the commission of mass murder   I must have missed that part in Sunday school
God is still in control

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It would be the equivalent of "Jesus is greater" as in greater than your God, not "praise the Lord'" which is a simple expression of gratitude.

Exactly.  Allah does not equate to "God", and allahu akhbar, means "Allah is greatest". 

And, this is silly - who says "thank God" as they are spraying a crowd of innocents with bullets, or driving a truck into a crowd, or cutting off someone's head? 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Exactly.  Allah does not equate to "God", and allahu akhbar, means "Allah is greatest". 

And, this is silly - who says "thank God" as they are spraying a crowd of innocents with bullets, or driving a truck into a crowd, or cutting off someone's head?

McCain is an idiot. McCain, Pelosi, and at least a dozen others in Congress are obviously showing signs of their age. They need to retire. Our entire government is being ruled by seventy and eighty year olds. It is becoming absurd, as Harry Reid and others have pointed out lately. I do not believe that the founders ever had the intent that the same people would stay in Congress for hundred freakin' years. And the only way the ever leave is to go to jail, become a lobbyist, or feet first out of their office door in a coffin.

In fact my historical understanding is that during the time of the founding, serving in Congress was a burden. And back then people did it as a civil duty. It was never intended to be a lifelong profession as it is now. From what I have read which was written by the founders, I get the impression that they couldn't imagine anyone actually wanting to stay in government for more than a couple of years. There were simply too many better things to do.

Trump said that he was considering ways to change this situation. We shall see.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Poor John...Slowly sinking into the abyss that is senility.

Senator for Life.  He's working the Ted Kennedy plan, where he leaves office tits up and feet first.  The mind took the walk a couple of terms ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

McCain is an idiot. McCain, Pelosi, and at least a dozen others in Congress are obviously showing signs of their age. They need to retire. Our entire government is being ruled by seventy and eighty year olds. It is becoming absurd, as Harry Reid and others have pointed out lately. I do not believe that the founders ever had the intent that the same people would stay in Congress for hundred freakin' years. And the only way the ever leave is to go to jail, become a lobbyist, or feet first out of their office door in a coffin.

In fact my historical understanding is that during the time of the founding, serving in Congress was a burden. And back then people did it as a civil duty. It was never intended to be a lifelong profession as it is now. From what I have read which was written by the founders, I get the impression that they couldn't imagine anyone actually wanting to stay in government for more than a couple of years. There were simply too many better things to do.

Trump said that he was considering ways to change this situation. We shall see.

Ever heard of "Representation by Lot?"  It's where random names of citizens are drawn to send to Congress.  It has its appeal.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:25:09 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Senator for Life.  He's working the Ted Kennedy plan, where he leaves office tits up and feet first.  The mind took the walk a couple of terms ago.

For the life of me I don't understand why more of these old "Public servants" don't just stoke out on the job.  Probably the lack of stress.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Ever heard of "Representation by Lot?"  It's where random names of citizens are drawn to send to Congress.  It has its appeal.

Cincinnatus

Supposedly, Cincinnatus was a conservative opponent of the rights of the plebeians who fell into penury because of his son's violent opposition to their desire for a written code of equitably-enforced laws. Despite his old age, he worked his own small farm until an invasion prompted his fellow citizens to call for his leadership. He came from his plough to assume complete control over the state but, upon achieving a swift victory, relinquished his power and its perquisites and returned to his farm. His success and immediate resignation of his near-absolute authority with the end of this crisis (traditionally dated to 458 BC) has often been cited as an example of outstanding leadership, service to the greater good, civic virtue, lack of personal ambition, and modesty. As a result, he has inspired a number of organizations and other entities, some named in his honor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Quinctius_Cincinnatus

Offline skeeter

For the life of me I don't understand why more of these old "Public servants" don't just stoke out on the job.  Probably the lack of stress.

Nice exercise facilities & cafeteria, substantial per diem, and the best healthcare your money can buy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Nice exercise facilities & cafeteria, substantial per diem, and the best healthcare your money can buy.

Not to mention establishing wealth from connections. Many of them come to DC with little financial wealth, and leave with much financial wealth.

Or from the time they serve, have connections to soon obtain financial wealth as lobbyists, consultants, board members etc.

The Clinton Foundation is simply a larger scale "opportunity" compared with arrangements many have.

I have seen this on local scale. People serve on city councils, then get cushy positions with monopolies like trash collection firms, as one example.

Obama is staying in DC, for another example. His wealth has and will multiply rapidly.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Great work if you can find it!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, but if they cremated him would he burn with a blue flame like Teddy would have?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just judging by the crap they pass, I'd say they are all medicated beyond reasonable levels.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

In the later case, say when some bomb blows up and many injured.  "Allah Akhbar" is shouted by those that can to remind everyone that Allah is in control of the situation and all will unfold according to Allah's will.  This is one of the reason that followers of Islam take little if any personal responsibility - because it is Allah's will.  Little children in the west often say "The devil made me do it." This is the same attempt to ditch responsibility.

Google translator renders it "god news" ...  which is close.

Offline Rivergirl

Senility on parade.  Trying to outdo DT with lunacy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Really.   I was unaware that Christian's shout "thank God" before and during the commission of mass murder   I must have missed that part in Sunday school

If only we could put McCain on 'ignore' like we can unpleasant members on this forum.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
McCain does not know, understand or even has read up on Islam.  "Allah Akhbar" is often translated as "God is great".  That is not correct.  The actual translation is "Allah is greater".  It's use in the middle east is often when something bad is about to happen as a prayer for intended outcome or after something bad has happened as a means of reassurance to those around. 

And the real important issue here is whether McCain knows what a moderate is.  I won't say what pictures on the internet are true but there are several of McCain that say he was with ISIS.  I think that we have done that so many times.  Arming the enemy.  Even training them.  And arming them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:24:41 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.