Author Topic: Today's Toons 1/2/17  (Read 7343 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 1/2/17
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:49:27 am »

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for related story:

Click below for courtesy audio:

Click below for related video:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letters C & L:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Donald Trump met with CEOs of Boeing and Lockheed Martin in Palm Beach and got them to reduce their prices. It's a start. Now if Trump can meet with the Mayflower Madam and work the same magic, the standing ovation he gets from Congress at the State of the Union will be heartfelt.

Joe Biden gave an interview to the Los Angeles Times Thursday in which he analyzed Hillary Clinton's election defeat. He said she never really decided exactly why she was running. I don't want to say the Clintons are finished, but Chelsea just enrolled in Trump University to learn a trade.

President Obama spoke to the Atlantic magazine and blamed Donald Trump's election on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh creating a fictional character named Barack Obama. He even alibis in the third person. Narcissistic Personality Disorder cannot be treated, it can only be voted into office.

A Jet Blue passenger stood over Ivanka Trump in the coach cabin before takeoff and berated her about her father as her kids looked on. Security took him off, kicking and screaming. Would someone please give these people a Participation Trophy so they'll think they won something?

The World Health Organization issued a report Wednesday claiming that eating bacon greatly increases the chances of you getting cancer. Other health experts say don't let that report alarm you. Statistics also say that not eating bacon greatly increases the chances of you blowing yourself up.

The Weather Channel aired footage of torrential rainstorms pounding Southern California on Wednesday night. It was the third rainstorm to drench Los Angeles in the last three weeks. Since the election the California drought has been reduced by ten percent and that's just from all the crying.

Berlin terrorist Anis Amri was killed by police in Milan Friday after he'd driven a stolen truck into Christmas shoppers in Germany. He left behind a video pledging allegiance to ISIS and vowing to slaughter Christians. Angela Merkel's government's still looking for a motive for the attack.

Donald Trump was given credit by CNBC Wednesday for the Trump Bump which has revved up the economy since the election. He caught a break on the West Coast. Hollywood stars are so frightened of dying due to the recent wave of celebrity deaths, they now say they can live with Trump.

John Kerry defended the U.N. censure of Israel for building settlements on Palestinian-claimed lands Wednesday. It doesn't stop there. After ordering the Arabs and Jews to get along after three thousand years of wars, the White House announced it's going to settle this Roadrunner-Coyote thing.

President Obama this week gave a valedictory interview to CNN to begin shaping its legacy. In a relaxed moment, he said he'd have beaten Trump had he been allowed to run for president again. It's like optimistically hoping that a bounced check will clear the third time that they run it through.

Donald Trump lashed back at President Obama's claim he could have defeated Trump had they been running against each other in the general election. It was a pretty cocky call. Barack Obama says he could've beaten Donald Trump with one of his birth certificates tied behind his back.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, Cyber Ninja)

Offline Davidfxs

Re: Today's Toons 1/2/17
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:41:03 pm »
Thank you  Pookie
Liberals are like Slinkies, Good for nothing really. But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of Stairs.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 01:10:13 pm »
Thank you  Pookie

You're welcome, David!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »
Bwhahahahaha - love it! Thanks, Pookie:

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »
Bwhahahahaha - love it! Thanks, Pookie:

My pleasure, bolobaby!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 06:24:43 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

I'm with @bolobaby -- clickbait OT was great!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 06:27:57 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

I'm with @bolobaby -- clickbait OT was great!

You're welcome, as always, Polly Ticks!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 07:30:07 pm »
Thank you for the Bart Simpson toon Pookie

Hope you and the Mrs. Had a lovely New Year.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »
Thank you for the Bart Simpson toon Pookie

Hope you and the Mrs. Had a lovely New Year.

My pleasure, as ever & don't have a cow, Freya! Yes, thanks, (went to First Night; have them where you are?) & hope you did too...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:21 pm »
My pleasure, as ever & don't have a cow, Freya! Yes, thanks, (went to First Night; have them where you are?) & hope you did too...

Never heard of First Night. I had to google it. Sounds wonderful
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ricebug

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 07:54:17 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

May you and have a great New Year.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 07:55:02 pm »
Never heard of First Night. I had to google it. Sounds wonderful

Have gone to the one in Morristown 10-12 years in a row...

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

May you and have a great New Year.

G'day & a happy, healthy 2017 to you, Ricebug!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 08:58:19 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

Someone owes the Three Stooges an apology, though. I have little doubt they would have done a better job!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline pookie18

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 09:01:55 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

Someone owes the Three Stooges an apology, though. I have little doubt they would have done a better job!

You're welcome & good point, Smokin Joe! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!