Author Topic: Federal agency cancels holiday vacation for HR staff in order to hire and promote more people before Trump inauguration  (Read 1495 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
January 1, 2017 By Thomas Lifson

The Obama administration is attempting to hamstring the successor Trump administration by hiring large numbers of new staff, and promoting existing employees before it leaves office.  Lisa Rein and Juliet Eilperin report in the Washington Post:

>Several federal agencies are accelerating hiring in the final days of the Obama administration to ensure that as many new employees as possible are in place before President-elect Donald Trump imposes a promised hiring freeze.

Leaders at these agencies are filling open positions with transfers and outside hires and are making internal promotions before Trump takes office Jan. 20, according to internal documents and interviews.

It appears that a prior agreement is being flouted:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/federal_agency_cancels_holiday_vacation_for_hr_staff_in_order_to_hire_and_promote_more_people_before_trump_inauguration.html#ixzz4UZ1dfcne
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:25:03 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Maybe I am being naïve, but I really can't see how this will accomplish very much, unless these agencies are lying and backdating the hire date. Which is of course, possible.

When Trump and his staff assume control, it seems that it would be fairly easy for them to say that all job offers and hires which happened between election day and January 20 are hereby rescinded. This would be especially effective if a personnel audit revealed that overall staff increased by 20%, 30%, or more during that time frame.

I doubt this will stand. I doubt it will have much effect at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Obama was famous for making up his own definitions of words.  They called it "re-interpretation" or some goofy name like that.

Trump could have a lot of fun with a few "re-interpretations" of his own.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let it be a lesson on how our government needs to slim down in virtually every department.
It is an old gambit. Increase prices, then offer a discount and have a 'sale'.

It's just another way to 'only' increase by 10% instead of 30%, and then call it a "60% cut".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
From the article:  The agencies rushing to bring on new employees include not just Fish and Wildlife but also the Transportation Security Administration, the National Park Service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and parts of the Agriculture and Labor departments.

Democrats are demanding Team Trump work closely with them.  In a show of magnanimous bipartisanship I therefore offer a few suggestions.

[1] Democrats may submit a list of which agencies they feel should be axed.

[2] Democrats may also submit a list of which industries they wish to be attack in a fashion similar to Operation Chokehold.

Lists should be submitted by January 22nd, after that it will be too late.