Author Topic: U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »
I normally click around a handful of sites to view headlines, and last night the Drudge site was down for awhile.  Never even gave it a second thought at the time.

--------

In October 2014 the White House was shut down by hackers for several weeks.  Only a few media outlets published the story at the time.  But as the date indicates this was the blackout period right before midterm elections and any hint of incompetence by the Obama Administration would reflect poorly to the public, an act strictly verboten by the U.S. Dept. of Media Elites.

The White House itself did not even realize they were being attacked.  Only through an outside tip (I'm guessing Israel) were they alerted of the attack. 

Only when the election was safely over did news outlets like CNN report the story (“How the U.S. thinks Russians hacked the White House”). Throughout, the Obama administration minimized the story, claiming that no harm was done and only unclassified material was accessed–an excuse that, as CNN wrote post-election, “belies the seriousness of the intrusion.”

Now, the same news outlets that refused to cover the Russian government’s hacking into White House and State Department computers and email systems try to tell us that an intrusion into John Podesta’s email accounts is a story of world-historical importance.

Most of that quote is from a Powerline post, and i didn't see a link. You probably should include it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/12/remember-when-the-russians-hacked-the-white-houses-computers.php

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 05:52:10 pm »
Hacking had nothing to do with Clinton losing. That's just what the democrats and Trumpers are clinging to.

The simple fact is that there were a lot of us complaining about the Russian propaganda all through the primaries. Just search "Russian social media manipulation" and you'll find that this did not just arise in the general election.

Propagandists prey on the stupid and Trump provided plenty of fertile ground.

They did their best to deny Trump the Presidency, they're now going for "Plan B", which is deny Trump any sort of credibility.  Too late, I'd say...he does that himself, if past is prologue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 06:45:13 pm »
They did their best to deny Trump the Presidency, they're now going for "Plan B", which is deny Trump any sort of credibility.  Too late, I'd say...he does that himself, if past is prologue.

The Russian Trolls were almost exclusively pro Trump and made up the bulk of the Alt Right.

Here's a pro Trump guy and I'm betting he's right.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »
The Russian Trolls were almost exclusively pro Trump and made up the bulk of the Alt Right.

"There's no honor among thieves."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 08:16:53 pm »
"There's no honor among thieves."

For your consideration.

Trolling for Trump: How Russia Is Trying to Destroy Our Democracy http://warontherocks.com/2016/11/trolling-for-trump-how-russia-is-trying-to-destroy-our-democracy/

It was never about harming Clinton or electing Trump. Its about harming and weakening America and they're working both sides pretty effectively.

The fact is that I find it pretty offensive that some have chosen to basically tell me that I never said what I spoke of often during the primaries.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 08:24:47 pm »
For your consideration.

Trolling for Trump: How Russia Is Trying to Destroy Our Democracy http://warontherocks.com/2016/11/trolling-for-trump-how-russia-is-trying-to-destroy-our-democracy/

It was never about harming Clinton or electing Trump. Its about harming and weakening America and they're working both sides pretty effectively.

The fact is that I find it pretty offensive that some have chosen to basically tell me that I never said what I spoke of often during the primaries.

I hope I have never offended you in such a manner.  I try not to accuse people of saying, or not saying, specific things simply because I have CRS (Can't Remember Squat).  Seems to me, without getting specific, that you have been perfectly consistent.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2016, 09:37:25 pm »
Most of that quote is from a Powerline post, and i didn't see a link. You probably should include it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/12/remember-when-the-russians-hacked-the-white-houses-computers.php

You're 100% right, my error.

I dug that out of my tidbits file that holds a ton of stuff - I forget which ones I write myself.  Must do better referencing.

geronl

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2016, 09:42:14 pm »

recent elections in eastern European countries show huge influence and intervention from Russia.

geronl

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2016, 09:43:33 pm »

Putin is well known to employ his own internet army to post propaganda all over. Just go back and see what they were doing when Russia invaded Ukraine.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2016, 10:22:19 pm »
Putin is well known to employ his own internet army to post propaganda all over. Just go back and see what they were doing when Russia invaded Ukraine.

Paul Manafort actually worked for pro Russian candidates in Ukraine.