Author Topic: U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official  (Read 5179 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official
« on: December 29, 2016, 07:33:32 pm »
Thu Dec 29, 2016 | 2:27pm EST
U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official

The United States expelled 35 Russian diplomats and closed two Russian compounds in New York and Maryland in response to a campaign of harassment against American diplomats in Moscow, a senior U.S. official said on Thursday.

The move against the diplomats from the Russian embassy in Washington and consulate in San Francisco is part of a series of actions announced on Thursday to punish Russia for a campaign of intimidation of American diplomats in Moscow and interference in the U.S. election.

The Obama administration was also announcing on Thursday a series of retaliatory measures against Russia for hacking into U.S. political institutions and individuals and leaking information to help President-elect Donald Trump and other Republican candidates, two U.S. officials said.

more
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14I1TY
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:35:11 pm »

White House sanctions Russia over election hacks

By Eric Geller and Cory Bennett

12/29/16 02:13 PM EST

In one of its final moves to keep Russia at bay and secure America from digital intruders, the Obama administration on Thursday slapped Moscow with a round of sanctions over its alleged election-season hacks.

The punishments hits several Russian individuals and entities, including the country's primary security services, known as the FSB, and its main intelligence directorate.

"These actions follow repeated private and public warnings that we have issued to the Russian government, and are a necessary and appropriate response to efforts to harm U.S. interests in violation of established international norms of behavior," President Barack Obama said in a statement.

The move puts an end to months of speculation over how the White House would strike back against what it said was a widespread digital campaign orchestrated by senior Kremlin officials in an attempt to disrupt the recent U.S. election. More recently, intelligence officials have reportedly concluded that Moscow was actually hoping to tilt the election in favor of Donald Trump with its hacking.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/white-house-sanctions-russia-over-election-hacks-233034
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 08:08:41 pm »
Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze 17m17 minutes ago
Hi @POTUS. Can you read this on Kimmel next:  It took your party losing an election to recognize Russia as a geopolitical threat & act.

Joe Walsh ‏@WalshFreedom 12m12 minutes ago
Obama finally orders sanctions against Russia for election interference. Remember: he knew about Russia's meddling months ago.

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog 22m22 minutes ago
Russia invades Crimea: oh well
Russia shoots down airliner: mistakes happen
John Podesta falls for phishing scam: RESTART THE COLD WAR

Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze 26m26 minutes ago
Stephen Miller Retweeted Trip Gabriel
So for 8 years Obama knew we had 35 Russian spies here and did nothing until now? So much Brave. Courage wow.

Luke Coffey ‏@LukeDCoffey 34m34 minutes ago
Better (VERY) late than never. Let's not forget Russia only meddled in US elections because Obama was weak as water the past 8 years.

The 57th State ℅EF™ ‏@EF517_V2 28m28 minutes ago
Cancel Poland missile shield ✔
Ignore Crimea/Ukraine ✔
Delegate Syrian WMD ✔
More flexibility ✔

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »
Obama's Cold War: President kicks out 35 Russian 'spies' and accuses Vladimir Putin of ordering hacking of Hillary Clinton's secrets in run-up to presidential election

Obama declares 35 Russian intelligence operatives 'persona non grata' in a Cold War measure
    He also closed two 'compounds' - one in New York, the other in Maryland - saying they were used for intelligence purposes by the Russians
    Economic sanctions are being put in place on Putin's spy agencies, the FSB and the GRU, as well as named officers and companies they are said to have used
    President acted after accusing Russia of orchestrating hacking in run-up to the presidential election, which saw Democratic secrets published
    Hillary Clinton has blamed Vladimir Putin's  'personal beef' against her for the hacking of her operatives and the publication of embarrassing secrets
    Kremlin spokesman calls claims of hacking 'lies

By Associated Press

Published: 13:45 EST, 29 December 2016 | Updated: 15:06 EST, 29 December 2016

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4072762/US-senators-Russia-sanctioned-election-hacks.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »
FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking
By Katie Bo Williams - 12/29/16 03:02 PM EST

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Thursday released a joint report detailing how investigators linked the Russian government to hacks on various Democratic political organizations.

The document makes clear reference to the hacks of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, although it does not mention either by name.

more w/report at link
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/312132-fbi-dhs-release-report-on-russia-hacking
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:36:20 pm »
Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze 17m17 minutes ago
Hi @POTUS. Can you read this on Kimmel next:  It took your party losing an election to recognize Russia as a geopolitical threat & act.

Joe Walsh ‏@WalshFreedom 12m12 minutes ago
Obama finally orders sanctions against Russia for election interference. Remember: he knew about Russia's meddling months ago.

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog 22m22 minutes ago
Russia invades Crimea: oh well
Russia shoots down airliner: mistakes happen
John Podesta falls for phishing scam: RESTART THE COLD WAR

Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze 26m26 minutes ago
Stephen Miller Retweeted Trip Gabriel
So for 8 years Obama knew we had 35 Russian spies here and did nothing until now? So much Brave. Courage wow.

Luke Coffey ‏@LukeDCoffey 34m34 minutes ago
Better (VERY) late than never. Let's not forget Russia only meddled in US elections because Obama was weak as water the past 8 years.

The 57th State ℅EF™ ‏@EF517_V2 28m28 minutes ago
Cancel Poland missile shield ✔
Ignore Crimea/Ukraine ✔
Delegate Syrian WMD ✔
More flexibility ✔

I particularly like the one I emboldened above. Hits the mark.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:59:14 pm »
Don't believe that Obama is doing what he is doing for any genuine reason.

Obama knows perfectly well that Trump has a great relationship with Russia and with Israel. All of these so called 'initiatives' are nothing more than a petty and childish attempt to sabotage as much as possible before Trump takes office. None of this would be happening if Hillary had won. All of this is directly targeted at Trump and his administration.

This is the political equivalent of spreading feces on the wall when getting kicked out of an apartment. That is what Obama and his crew are doing. I'm sure they will do even more damage before the Sheriff shows up. Stop up the toilet. Piss everywhere. Throw sardines in the air vents. I don't think they are done yet. If there is still more damage they can do, they will do it.

Smooth transition? NOT!

Obama is a childish, petty, small little man, and he is showing everyone, including his supporters, who he really is.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:59:39 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:04:13 pm »
Bizarre.

Maybe it's Obama, not Trump, who's nuts? Maybe they both are.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 10:17:08 pm »
This is the political equivalent of spreading feces on the wall when getting kicked out of an apartment.

He's poisoning the well for Trump using another of his childish schemes.  When Trump punches back, which he will, the liberal media can go bat crazy stating Trump is going against the CIA, NSA, and on and on.

Plus, Russia will push back by expelling some of our envoys and closing a few spy stations.

And guess what, not a single story will be on tonight's news about the UN circling the drain.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 10:24:28 pm »

He's poisoning the well for Trump using another of his childish schemes.  When Trump punches back, which he will, the liberal media can go bat crazy stating Trump is going against the CIA, NSA, and on and on.

Plus, Russia will push back by expelling some of our envoys and closing a few spy stations.

And guess what, not a single story will be on tonight's news about the UN circling the drain.

The same with the Arctic drilling ban. It is a political setup. When Trump lifts the ban, which he will, the MSM will scream that Trump doesn't care about "the environment". Even though Obama enacted the ban only a few days before he is due to leave. However, you will never hear this part reported. Did Obama not care about "the environment", until a few weeks before he left office?

None of this stuff is real. It is all about political sabotage. And I'm sure there is more to come.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 10:38:42 pm »
Don't believe that Obama is doing what he is doing for any genuine reason.

Obama knows perfectly well that Trump has a great relationship with Russia and with Israel. All of these so called 'initiatives' are nothing more than a petty and childish attempt to sabotage as much as possible before Trump takes office. None of this would be happening if Hillary had won. All of this is directly targeted at Trump and his administration.

This is the political equivalent of spreading feces on the wall when getting kicked out of an apartment. That is what Obama and his crew are doing. I'm sure they will do even more damage before the Sheriff shows up. Stop up the toilet. Piss everywhere. Throw sardines in the air vents. I don't think they are done yet. If there is still more damage they can do, they will do it.

Smooth transition? NOT!

Obama is a childish, petty, small little man, and he is showing everyone, including his supporters, who he really is.

Obama expects Russia to respond in kind, further hamstringing the next administration's intelligence gathering network.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 10:46:05 pm »

The same with the Arctic drilling ban. It is a political setup. When Trump lifts the ban, which he will, the MSM will scream that Trump doesn't care about "the environment". Even though Obama enacted the ban only a few days before he is due to leave. However, you will never hear this part reported. Did Obama not care about "the environment", until a few weeks before he left office?

None of this stuff is real. It is all about political sabotage. And I'm sure there is more to come.

Yep.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 11:08:26 pm »
Trump will take care of this. He thinks just like us.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 11:09:17 pm »
If Turkey really meant what they said, you'd think they'd tell our diplomats there to take a hike.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 11:11:01 pm »

Obama expects Russia to respond in kind, further hamstringing the next administration's intelligence gathering network.

I doubt very much that Putin will respond to anything Obama does. Russia knows that Obama is done. He is acting like a teenager when the parents go on vacation. Nobody takes Obama seriously anymore. Putin/Russia will most likely show restraint until the adults get home in a few days.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 11:14:45 pm »
Russia is already peeved about these new sanctions.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-fumes-over-us-sanctions-says-it-will-wait-for-trump-response/

Respectfully, the folks who make Vlad out to be some sort of superman. Russia is already complaining.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 11:17:51 pm »

If Turkey really meant what they said, you'd think they'd tell our diplomats there to take a hike.

Turkey is well past that. Turkey is on the verge of leaving NATO and cancelling relations with the West altogether.

We shall see if Putin can get this done before Trump assumes command. He is certainly trying to.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 11:19:30 pm »

Russia is already peeved about these new sanctions.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-fumes-over-us-sanctions-says-it-will-wait-for-trump-response/

Respectfully, the folks who make Vlad out to be some sort of superman. Russia is already complaining.

How about that. I must psychic or something. lol

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »
Obama is Jimmy Carter on steroids.  Horrible foreign policy and he's not going to go away after his term is over. I bet he'll be visiting despots in an attempt to legitimize them, too, just like Carter.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 11:32:49 pm »
At 3:00 AM this morning the White House will receive its next coded message from the Manchurian handlers with further instructions.

Fridays are always bad.  I hate Fridays.

The Manchurian handlers are especially cruel on Fridays.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 11:41:17 pm »

Obama is Jimmy Carter on steroids.  Horrible foreign policy and he's not going to go away after his term is over. I bet he'll be visiting despots in an attempt to legitimize them, too, just like Carter.

True, and the Democrats have already indicated that they plan to treat Obama as if he is still the 'actual' President.

But Trump and his crew are not ordinary Republicans. They are not afraid of the press and obsessed with being 'nice' like most Republicans are. They will have no problem slapping Obama down when he gets out of line.

Obama may be able to disrupt and interfere with Trump on some level, but it is not going to be a free-ride like it would be with someone like a Bush or Kasich.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 12:00:23 am »
Bizarre.

Maybe it's Obama, not Trump, who's nuts? Maybe they both are.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Nah,I'm fairly certain Trump is more than a little nuts,NOT that that is necessarily a bad thing,but Obomber is too stupid to be nuts.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:00:41 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 12:05:46 am »

True, and the Democrats have already indicated that they plan to treat Obama as if he is still the 'actual' President.

But Trump and his crew are not ordinary Republicans. They are not afraid of the press and obsessed with being 'nice' like most Republicans are. They will have no problem slapping Obama down when he gets out of line.

Obama may be able to disrupt and interfere with Trump on some level, but it is not going to be a free-ride like it would be with someone like a Bush or Kasich.

@240B

You nailed it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 12:13:50 am »

All of this is directly targeted at Trump and his administration.

This is the political equivalent of spreading feces on the wall when getting kicked out of an apartment.

If there is still more damage they can do, they will do it.

Also Obama is setting the stage for the media to have stories about the moves Trump takes to reverse the wonderful things Obama has done.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mrclose

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 12:59:58 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self