Author Topic: Reports: Truck runs into crowded Christmas market in Berlin  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Reports: Truck runs into crowded Christmas market in Berlin
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 12:48:39 am »
In any incident like this, in America or in anywhere in Europe, the longer the authorities wait to release the names of the people involved, the more you can be sure they are Muslims.

True dat.

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 12:50:14 am »
In any incident like this, in America or in anywhere in Europe, the longer the authorities wait to release the names of the people involved, the more you can be sure they are Muslims.

QFT

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:34 am »
I hate when the press releases statements like, "There are nine dead at the scene." and they do not mention until later that one of the 'nine' they are referring to is one of the terrorists. So, there were really only eight actual human beings killed, plus one filthy terrorist.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 01:06:16 am »
Too bad Frau Merkel wasn't there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 01:15:22 am »
I hate when the press releases statements like, "There are nine dead at the scene." and they do not mention until later that one of the 'nine' they are referring to is one of the terrorists. So, there were really only eight actual human beings killed, plus one filthy terrorist.

Actually maybe not in this case because it sounds like this truck was carjacked off the street, the passenger killed was a Pole, originally he was the driver, the carjacker a Pakistani who got control of the wheel. What happened between the two we don't know but he was the dead passenger. I wonder if the Pakistani could have carjacked and pushed the guy over to the passenger seat and drove crazy? I don't know if the Paki had a gun or knift but all of this is to be told still. The dead passenger might well be another victim.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:18:37 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 01:16:20 am »
The Pakistan driver seems to be in custody now. The only people killed may have all have been his victims.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 01:24:18 am »
Stayed in a hotel nearby Kaiser Wilhelm Church. Its now a monument, having been partially demolished in WWII. Ironic spot for a terrorist attack.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 01:30:53 am »
BBC has the death toll up to 12; sad that it seemed a matter of time before an attack like this was going to happen in Germany.

"Berlin Breitscheidplatz: Lorry kills 12 at Christmas market"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38373867

Offline TomSea

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 01:41:58 am »
Truck that ploughed through Berlin Christmas market was STOLEN from a construction site, police reveal

Truck drove into busy square in Berlin today killing nine and injuring 50 people
    Eyewitnesses say it was deliberate and police are investigating if it was terrorist
    But registered driver's firm owner says he has 'total confidence' it was not him
    They lost contact hours before and police have now confirmed truck was stolen

By James Dunn For Mailonline

Published: 16:59 EST, 19 December 2016 | Updated: 20:28 EST, 19 December 2016

The 25-tonne truck that killed 12 people and injured 48 as it careered through a Christmas market in Berlin had been stolen from a construction site, police have revealed.

The suspect thought to have been driving - believed to be a refugee - was arrested shortly after the tragedy at a nearby zoo, while another unidentified man was found dead in the cab.

The arrest fuels fears for the Polish man who was registered as the driver, as his firm's owner said he had 'total confidence' he was not behind the wheel during the Nice-style massacre this afternoon.

- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4049822/Was-truck-HIJACKED-Cousin-driver-registered-Polish-lorry-claims-making-drop-Berlin-s-revealed-haulage-firm-lost-contact-moments-crash.html

Needless to say, we don't know all of the facts yet.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 02:41:28 am »
Stayed in a hotel nearby Kaiser Wilhelm Church. Its now a monument, having been partially demolished in WWII. Ironic spot for a terrorist attack.

I sang in two separate concerts at Kaiser Wilhelm Kirche, in the late 60's and early 70's.  Berlin was behind the Iron Curtain at the time, and we had to travel through East Germany to get there, and later went through Checkpoint Charlie to travel further into East Germany.

The first time I was only 18 years old, and it seared into my brain the amazing country I was born and raised in, and the significant superiority of Capitalism to Communism.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 03:17:10 am »
Whatever comes of this, we can take comfort in knowing that a religion founded by a jihadist is peaceful.  And that's important, because Germany now has a million new adherents, and they've got em forever.

rangerrebew

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 01:01:56 pm »
Berlin Police: We Caught The Wrong Person, Attacker Still At Large
Jacob Bojesson
Foreign Correspondent
7:45 AM 12/20/2016

Berlin Police said the 23-year-old asylum seeker in custody after the attack on the Christmas market in Berlin Monday is not the truck driver, Die Welt reported Tuesday.

The attacker remains at large and is believed to be armed and dangerous, police said.

“We have the wrong man, and thus a new situation,” police said in a statement. “The capital’s preparedness police and the special forces have been informed.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/20/berlin-police-we-caught-the-wrong-person-attacker-still-at-large/#ixzz4TNnekQMk

rangerrebew

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 01:03:19 pm »
Merkel: ‘Particularly Painful’ If Refugee Was Behind Berlin Massacre
Jacob Bojesson
Foreign Correspondent
7:43 AM 12/20/2016

German Chancellor Angela Merkel attends a news conference in Berlin, Germany, April 6, 2016. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke/File Photo   German Chancellor Angela Merkel attends a news conference in Berlin, Germany, April 6, 2016. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke/File Photo

German Chancellor Angela Merkel thinks Monday’s terror attack on a Christmas market in Berlin is particularly painful if the perpetrator “came to Germany for protection and asylum.”

Merkel said she was “horrified, shaken and deeply saddened” in her first remarks after the attack, which killed at least 12 people and injured 48. Naved B., a 23-year-old Pakistani asylum seeker was arrested on suspicion of being the truck driver, but now Berlin police are saying they reportedly detained the wrong person, and the attacker is still at large. Naved B. is one of 1.2 million refugees who have arrived in Germany since the start of 2015.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/20/merkel-particularly-painful-if-refugee-was-behind-berlin-massacre/#ixzz4TNo0GqMS

rangerrebew

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 01:04:59 pm »
Maybe the police are trying to help Frau Merkel with the "pain" by announcing they have caught the wrong person.  I wonder if we will suddenly discover the "right" person is European? :pondering:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 02:25:30 pm »
Hmmm.  What do you think the chances are?

Offline r9etb

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 02:33:37 pm »
“We have the wrong man, and thus a new situation,” police said in a statement. “The capital’s preparedness police and the special forces have been informed.”

Ouch.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 02:40:33 pm »
Ouch.

I don't understand how it could happen that they would lose the suspect. If the photos I saw were from this incident, somebody managed to pump a lot of rounds through the windshield of that truck.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 02:45:06 pm »
Merkel: ‘Particularly Painful’ If Refugee Was Behind Berlin Massacre
Jacob Bojesson
Foreign Correspondent
7:43 AM 12/20/2016

German Chancellor Angela Merkel attends a news conference in Berlin, Germany, April 6, 2016. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke/File Photo   German Chancellor Angela Merkel attends a news conference in Berlin, Germany, April 6, 2016. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke/File Photo

German Chancellor Angela Merkel thinks Monday’s terror attack on a Christmas market in Berlin is particularly painful if the perpetrator “came to Germany for protection and asylum.”

@rangerrebewrebew 

IOW,she's more concerned about her political career and payoffs form letting Muslims into Germany than she is people being murdered by them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 02:46:56 pm »
Ms. Merkel, wake up and smell the coffee.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline r9etb

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »
I don't understand how it could happen that they would lose the suspect. If the photos I saw were from this incident, somebody managed to pump a lot of rounds through the windshield of that truck.

Apparently the guy ran away and wasn't caught immediately.  So if they found somebody who seemed to match the description, there's always the chance that he wasn't the real culprit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2016, 03:12:28 pm »

Well, if you consider who apparently was in charge of the investigation....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 05:48:44 pm »
There must be real mass confusion at one of these types of sites. Nice was even worse. Personally, I can envision scenarios where in the chaos, one could take off out of the truck and book it. Run off in other words.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 05:49:32 pm »
I just read this on a comments section of a European newspaper.  I suspect the Europeans will be not as PC correct as they have been.

Build new shower blocks using old plans and huge ovens, tag it  The 70 Virgins Express.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:50:38 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 06:24:40 pm »
BBC just reported they released the suspect due to insufficient evidence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38385961

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 06:27:55 pm »
BBC is reporting suspect is let go due to insuffiencent evidence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38385961