Author Topic: The Electors Vote: December 19, 2016  (Read 5427 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The Electors Vote: December 19, 2016
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 01:21:40 am »
The Sanders voter in Maine ended up switching his vote to Clinton when the state stripped his vote if he didn't vote for her.
The same thing happened in Minnesota and Colorado. It really is quite amusing. If you want an example of a party's rejection of its candidate, see the eight electors (and there was likely the potential for more, as there were allegedly more in Colorado that bailed on their plans after they saw what happened to the first one) who voted against "the winner of the popular vote."

Sorry, Hillary, no one really likes you.

000hehehehe
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2016, 01:53:41 am »
The same thing happened in Minnesota and Colorado. It really is quite amusing. If you want an example of a party's rejection of its candidate, see the eight electors (and there was likely the potential for more, as there were allegedly more in Colorado that bailed on their plans after they saw what happened to the first one) who voted against "the winner of the popular vote."

Sorry, Hillary, no one really likes you.

000hehehehe

She lost again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2016, 02:24:06 am »
Trump:  304

Clinton:  227

Powell:  3*

Eagle:  1*

Sanders:  1*

Paul:  1**

Kasich:  1**

*Faithless Clinton (Washington and Hawaii)

**Faithless Trump (Texas)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2016, 03:04:14 am »
Hillary lost five votes to faithless electors.  One in Maine (voted for Sanders) and four in Washington state (voted for other kooks).  Trump only lost two votes that way, so it's safe to say Hillary lost yet again.

But I left that person cursin', nursin' seven broken bones
And he only broke ah three of mine, that makes me the winner.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2016, 03:08:45 am »
Plus HRC lost to someone called Faith Spotted Eagle.

Thanks, 2016!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2016, 03:09:59 am »
Plus HRC lost to someone called Faith Spotted Eagle.

Thanks, 2016!

I had to google that one.  I LOLed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2016, 04:19:53 am »
Truly an example of "careful what you wish for because you might get it."   The democrats wanted flippers, and they got some.

They kept reporting it on the news here as if it was a real possibility.  Even if he hadn't gotten enough votes it would have gone to Congress and they would have appointed Trump president.  What a waste of time.  Giving the whining crying left hope where there wasn't any.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2016, 05:13:32 am »
Good example proving the biased, crooked fake news media.

Harping on and on about Trump defectors, when all along they SHOULD OF OR EVEN COULD have known  Hillary would lose MORE defectors.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »
I saw a tweet the cracked me up.
It said "not voting for Faith Spotted eagle, was a vote for Colin Powell".

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2016, 02:08:45 pm »
Good example proving the biased, crooked fake news media.

Harping on and on about Trump defectors, when all along they SHOULD OF OR EVEN COULD have known  Hillary would lose MORE defectors.

I don't believe I posted on a single thread involving/discussing the Electoral Vote...and possible "faithless electors".   A complete waste of time and energy....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2016, 03:30:27 pm »
I don't believe I posted on a single thread involving/discussing the Electoral Vote...and possible "faithless electors".   A complete waste of time and energy....

See, I think you were wrong, because there were still more laughs to be had at Clinton's expense.  Laughing at a Clinton, any Clinton, is never a waste of time or energy.  I think we all knew this "faithless electors will cost Trump" was a bullshit story, from stem to stern, Port to Starboard.  I watched yesterday's stuff for two reasons:  Bored because it was my first vacation day, and because I wanted to see Hillary lose for a fourth time.

1)  2008 to the Lightwalker
2)  11/8/16 to Trump
3)  Recount fiasco where Trump picked up votes and exposed Democrat cheating in Detroit
4)  Yesterday

I can't watch the Clintons lose enough.  Makes me want to put this on a video loop I can play whenever I get depressed.  "Whaa, whaa, whaa!"  "Haw, haw, haw!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2016, 03:46:21 pm »
Trump:  304

Clinton:  227

Powell:  3*

Eagle:  1*

Sanders:  1*

Paul:  1**

Kasich:  1**

*Faithless Clinton (Washington and Hawaii)

**Faithless Trump (Texas)

It should probably be pointed out there were several faithless Hillary electors that were replaced. One in Minnesota and one in Colorado I think.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2016, 03:51:45 pm »

Well, it is if you think our battle with the left is over just because we won this election.  The issue was never about actually losing in the Electoral College.  The issue was about documenting, understanding, and using their freak-out to make additional arguments against them.  And in support of the EC.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2016, 04:00:55 pm »
Well, it is if you think our battle with the left is over just because we won this election.  The issue was never about actually losing in the Electoral College.  The issue was about documenting, understanding, and using their freak-out to make additional arguments against them.  And in support of the EC.

That's acceptable, @Maj. Bill Martin .....but I was thinking more about the election results being overturned yesterday.   Was NEVER going to happen.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2016, 04:08:25 pm »
That's acceptable, @Maj. Bill Martin .....but I was thinking more about the election results being overturned yesterday.   Was NEVER going to happen.

Nobody with a brain thought that would happen, which means approximately 100% of TBR knew it wasn't going to happen, even the most rabid Antis knew that.  Our factions still have occasional arguments, but at least we can agree we all have bwaims.  As PO'ed as many of us get at the denizens of TOS, I think it's safe to say they're included in the "with bwaims" group on this subject.

The only idiots who thought there was a chance of Trump not winning yesterday post at DU and KOS. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2016, 04:13:51 pm »
It should probably be pointed out there were several faithless Hillary electors that were replaced. One in Minnesota and one in Colorado I think.

Yep. I believe more states will pass laws like this in the future. State legislatures are supposed to be in charge, not the whims of nutcases who want to vote for eagles.

If they don't want to vote for who they are supposed to, just replace them.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2016, 04:22:25 pm »
Nobody with a brain thought that would happen, which means approximately 100% of TBR knew it wasn't going to happen, even the most rabid Antis knew that.  Our factions still have occasional arguments, but at least we can agree we all have bwaims.  As PO'ed as many of us get at the denizens of TOS, I think it's safe to say they're included in the "with bwaims" group on this subject.

The only idiots who thought there was a chance of Trump not winning yesterday post at DU and KOS.

:beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2016, 04:24:28 pm »

Yep. I believe more states will pass laws like this in the future. State legislatures are supposed to be in charge, not the whims of nutcases who want to vote for eagles.

If they don't want to vote for who they are supposed to, just replace them.

I expect the leftist media to take a different tack.  I expect them to start a drumbeat to go to direct popular vote, because they see that (correctly) as helping their side.

I agree with you, the EC needs to be toughened to prevent the several-week-long fiasco we just saw, where good people had to endure threats upon themselves and their families.  I propose an automatic issuance of votes so the leftists have nobody to threaten.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2016, 04:47:00 pm »
I expect the leftist media to take a different tack.  I expect them to start a drumbeat to go to direct popular vote, because they see that (correctly) as helping their side.

I agree with you, the EC needs to be toughened to prevent the several-week-long fiasco we just saw, where good people had to endure threats upon themselves and their families.  I propose an automatic issuance of votes so the leftists have nobody to threaten.

I don't understand why the Governor of the State can't simply declare the number of votes in the same manner it's done at their respective conventions.  'Mechanically'.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2016, 05:01:35 pm »
I don't understand why the Governor of the State can't simply declare the number of votes in the same manner it's done at their respective conventions.  'Mechanically'.

It can be done, but it will require an act of that state's legislature.  I think it's the direction we need to go, so I wonder how the leftists are going to frame it as "racist?" 
I will NOT comply.