Author Topic: Nebraska received (per capita) more refugees last year than any other state  (Read 510 times)

rangerrebew

Nebraska received (per capita) more refugees last year than any other state

Posted by Ann Corcoran on December 8, 2016

Here is a story from the Omaha World-Herald which used those Pew numbers we reported yesterday, as the hook for this story about how “welcoming” Nebraska is for refugees.

Nebraska is one of the states I visited over the summer, and I am here to report that even if the Republican governor is thrilled about welcoming refugees, the citizens whose towns are being impacted by refugee labor at meat and chicken processing plants, aren’t too thrilled.

nickerson_nebraska_downtown_1

Downtown Nickerson, Nebraska where citizens objected to plans to locate a chicken processing plant in the area. One reason they said NO! is that they did not want an influx of Somali refugee workers.

No mention in this heartwarming report about Nickerson, Nebraska that actually fought and kept out a new chicken plant here last May.

Cut the humanitarian guilt-trip mumbo-jumbo and be truthful!

I live for the day when resettlement contractors like Lutheran Family Services here are completely out in the open about the work they do providing laborers for BIG MEAT and BIG POULTRY and also tell the public that their salaries and offices are paid for by the US taxpayer (this is not a Christian charity! this is not about passing the collection plate on Sunday morning!).*** Then we can have the debate about why it is in the interests of the American taxpayer to supply foreign labor to giant corporations some of which are not even US-owned!

From the Omaha World-Herald:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/nebraska-received-per-capita-more-refugees-last-year-than-any-other-state/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:46:41 pm by rangerrebew »