Author Topic: Here it comes again: Arizona Christian Artists May Face Jail Time for Refusing to Service Gay Wedding  (Read 26329 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And I believe it's the 5th circuit that recently upheld that service could be denied based on messaging.

They will not permit such rulings to stand.  Forcing people to abandon their principles and faith in order to accept ideas, behaviors and politics that are anathema to oneself is become the function of government and the media in the age of Obama.

They have a new morality and religion of the state they are busy pushing on us, under the color of 'law', 'discrimination' and 'fairness'.

As far as I am concerned, the government and the courts have proven themselves lawless and irrelevant in matters of upholding justice as our foundational principles and biblical law once directed.

So it doesn't matter to me if the courts ends up declaring that everyone must uphold the 'protected class' of homosexuals deviants and acquiesce to their demands for service, acknowledgement, celebration and affirmation - I will never comply with such an order or "law" and neither will my business.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

You are arguing for the mark of the beast.  You are arguing for moral anarchy.  You are arguing that businesses comply with an edict to celebrate a perverted behavior, or be fined or run out of business. 

A cake to celebrate the union of a loving couple as the mark of the beast?  If you say so.  And all I thought was I was arguing for is that if you say you provide a service, then you should stay true to your word. 

Personal liberty means I retain my right to discriminate against your perverted behavior and not create an item that will be used to celebrate said perversion, which means I condone and celebrate said behavior by my efforts that I am willing to sell to those practicing it. 

If you say so.  Again, it's a cake - the very cake you advertise to provide.   

Because as I have stated before - and you IGNORED IT - the moment a business advertises they only do Christian weddings, they will be deliberately targeted by the Gay Mafia and their Enforcers in government to punish that business and make a public spectacle for the purposes of creating a hostile environment to any Christian business that dares to resist the agenda of pushing perversion.

Calm down.   I don't know any members of the "gay mafia".   But I do know friends,  relatives and colleagues who have been in committed relationships, true to each other,  for longer than you've likely been married to your spouse.  Yes,  I know - God blesses your relationship, and condemns theirs.   But forgive me for sticking up for my friends,  and their right to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect.  Even by Christians. 

The fact you cite abortion to somehow deflect your pro-tyranny stance for the homo agenda is beyond stupid and silly.

If what I contribute is "beyond stupid and silly",  then I'll just say Merry Christmas and be gone.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:48:46 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
A cake to celebrate the union of a loving couple as the mark of the beast?  If you say so.

First of all, God does not celebrate a sin He calls an abomination in scripture, no matter how much people insist it's "love". Second, Revelation 13 more than adequately describes the very thing you advocate: no one can make a living or buy or sell unless they think and act in accordance with evil… and CELEBRATE IT.

And all I thought was I was arguing for is that if you say you provide a service, then you should stay true to your word. 

No one should be forced to provide a service for a behavior, a lifestyle or politics that are an affront to their principles, faith and religion.  Should a bakery be forced to make a cake that celebrates an orgy?  An abortion?  A divorce?  Because that is exactly what you are advocating - imposing the very measure of the word tyranny.

And I will forever refuse to comply with such demands.

If you say so.  Again, it's a cake - the very cake you advertise to provide.

None of these businesses being prosecuted and sued out of business, advertise homosexual wedding services. There are myriad THOUSANDS that DO advertise such services.  These business are being targeted precisely BECAUSE they are Christian, because the agenda is to create a climate of fear and intimidation if one does not submit to homosexual demands for acknowledgement and celebration.

Calm down.   I don't know any members of the "gay mafia".

You act like them.

But I do know friends,  relatives and colleagues who have been in committed relationships, true to each other,  for longer than you've likely been married to your spouse. 

I don't care.  You could try and convince us that some guy who married his 8 year old cousin and has been in a 'committed relationship with her' for years, should be acknowledged with a cake and we will still tell you we will not use our skills or talents to acknowledge such behavior as a good and acceptable practice.  As an Artist I've probably known a lot more homosexuals than you do.  It doesn't make their behavior any more acceptable to God or to me, and I will no more acknowledge their bastardization of matrimony than I do calling infanticide a 'choice'.

Yes,  I know - God blesses your relationship, and condemns theirs.

Take it up with Him at the Judgement.   He is the one who designed Marriage and frankly doesn't give two-whits about the justifications people give for engaging in abominations.

But forgive me for sticking up for my friends,  and their right to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect.  Even by Christians.

And you need to put a gun to our heads and use the government and the courts to force us to comply with celebrating evil because you deem it to be a good.  You are the very definition of a tyrant, and it is people like you I will resist with every fiber of my being.

If what I contribute is "beyond stupid and silly",  then I'll just say Merry Christmas and be gone.

If only you would.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Church A = Dancing is sinful, cites Bible verses

Church B = Dancing is okay, cites Bible verses

Other citizens do not have a specific church, still others do not believe in religion

Where does our Constitution specify WHICH CHURCH gets  to make rules for everybody?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Other citizens do not have a specific church, still others do not believe in religion

Where does our Constitution specify WHICH CHURCH gets  to make rules for everybody?

So Government gets to make the rules, and trump the Law of God if society so deems it so -  to the point of forcing everyone to practice caste and celebrate and acknowledge what a church understands is sin?

If Church A thinks dancing is sinful, they are not petitioning the government and the courts to force Church B to create flyers and cakes and advertisements for a disco dance night at Church B.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You might try this: 
http://townhall.com/columnists/jimcampbell/2016/12/17/what-two-lesbian-printers-teach-us-about-conscience-rights-n2260757

Clears up a lot of the issues.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You might try this: 
http://townhall.com/columnists/jimcampbell/2016/12/17/what-two-lesbian-printers-teach-us-about-conscience-rights-n2260757

Clears up a lot of the issues.

Thanks. It does NOT address the frequent citation of Bible verses as the guiding evidence in forum discussions, however.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks. It does NOT address the frequent citation of Bible verses as the guiding evidence in forum discussions, however.

Sorry, nothing's perfect.  In this world at least...

geronl

I haven't seen any church mentioned.

Offline CSM

No church gets to make these rules for everyone.  Period.  That includes the "church" of the state.  Instead, if I own the church, then I set the rules.  If another person wants to enter the premises and worship, then they can follow those rules and we are freely associating to our mutual benefit.  If they do not wish to abide by my rules as the property owner, then they are obligated to move on in order to find a more beneficial relationship.

That is the beauty of the private property rights.  They sort these things out in a matter that is most beneficial to all parties involved.  Instead, we see folks on this thread begging for parties that are NOT involved to be the arbiters as to how those that ARE involved would best benefit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
IMO, there is no way I am going to change my principles for anyone.
I don't care how many judges, lawyers, or lawmakers tell me I have to.
You can take the multiculturalism, the special groups, the "racism", the white privilege, the perversions, the bad laws, the tolerance, the forgiveness, and shove it.

Majority rules. The majority is against this crap.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley