Author Topic: Why conservatives are politically homeless  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why conservatives are politically homeless
« on: December 06, 2016, 05:07:56 am »
4 days ago by Eric Dixon   

Excerpt:

Make no mistake, Trump’s victory is not a conservative victory. It isn’t even a traditional Republican victory. Many of his most vocal supporters openly declare they are not Republicans, and even denigrate such voters as “cucks” or worse.
At most, the Trump victory offers a respite to conservatives from vicious attacks by the alt-Right. For the moment. Bullies live to bully, and the attacks will resume soon; perhaps as soon as everyone wakes-up and recovers from their election hangover. Conservatives no longer have the leverage of withholding their vote from an election already passed. Their “hammer time” has come and gone. Now the attacks can resume with impunity.

End Excerpt

http://thenewamericana.com/2016/12/01/why-conservatives-are-politically-homeless/

The New American.  A call to homeless Conservatives.  Will Conservatives fall in line with the new Republican party or leave for a real Conservative party. We all have been conditioned by the two party system all these years.  They conditioned us to accept what they have made the inevitable.  A creeping movement to the left leaving the bones of Conservatism to dry up in a political desert.  Never to be heard of again.  But is there a movement?  This article comes from a site that isn’t falling into the slippery slope of the liberal republican party.  They say new party.

And remember Trump said it was a movement but his movement didn’t need us.  Begs the question of whether a Conservative movement could end up destroying the Republican party?  Is it self destruct for our former party or will the Democratic party end up dying off and leaving their bones to the New Centralist party?  Or as Trump referred to it the old Workers Party.

http://thenewamericana.com/category/conservative-party/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:10:00 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

Re: Why conservatives are politically homeless
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 05:53:48 am »
Well, the forum here ain't such a bad place!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 05:55:47 am »
Trump and an ignorant populace hell-bent on vengeance and payback has rendered Constitutional Conservatism totally irrelevant in our political future.

Same as we will find the Constitution itself has become in all practicality.

This and the following generations are already lost - perhaps our grandchildren or great grandchildren will discover and recapture what we have discarded.

But it will take far beyond what any American now living is willing to risk and endure to bring about.

So John Adams warning from his letter to Abigail on July 7th, 1775 has come true.

And still we pretend it is not so.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 07:11:42 am »
Well, the forum here ain't such a bad place!

Really? I double check to see if my gun is loaded before I log on. There are people here fighting over the spelling of words for crying out loud......not to mention all the Dem Plants.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 07:22:03 am »
Really? I double check to see if my gun is loaded before I log on. There are people here fighting over the spelling of words for crying out loud......not to mention all the Dem Plants.

And is it loaded when you log on?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:22:30 am by Oceander »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:32:08 am »

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:40:20 am »

Offline SailB

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »
I don't consider myself a Republican anymore, but I will support/vote for the candidates who will defend the Constitution, Republican, or not.  I'm not sure it matters at this point, though.  It's heartbreaking to see so many in Congress for whom I had respect just turn their backs in favor of Trumpism.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »
I don't consider myself a Republican anymore, but I will support/vote for the candidates who will defend the Constitution, Republican, or not.  I'm not sure it matters at this point, though.  It's heartbreaking to see so many in Congress for whom I had respect just turn their backs in favor of Trumpism.

I'm right there with you.  40 years of my life wasted in the national republican party.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:49:03 pm »

I really want to borrow this one too. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:49:32 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 02:21:21 pm »
4 days ago by Eric Dixon   

Excerpt:

Make no mistake, Trump’s victory is not a conservative victory. It isn’t even a traditional Republican victory. Many of his most vocal supporters openly declare they are not Republicans, and even denigrate such voters as “cucks” or worse.

@Chosen Daughter

When you start with a premise that is 180 degrees off,any conclusions you arrive at at destined to be wrong.

"Traditional Republicans" are NOT even the tiniest bit conservative. It was the influx of "traditional Democrats" who were actual conservatives to the alleged Republican Party after the communists and other forms of globalist creatures from the northeast took over the Democratic Party that infused the modern Republican Party with conservative blood and ideas.

The alleged Republican Party of today is the Party of Bush. Anybody that thinks THAT is a positive thing needs to either have their head examined or start calling each other "comrade".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »
Funny,  I see recent events as a boon for conservatism.  For the first time in a generation, there's a possibility of thwarting Washington gridlock and actually making progress on the stagnant economy by encouraging growth and rolling back the regulatory leviathan.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 03:17:40 pm »
I'm "borrowing" that one!

Yep, it's a winner!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 03:22:31 pm »
And is it loaded when you log on?

Both the gun and I are usually loaded.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 03:44:23 pm »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »
Conservatives had a chance to elect a true conservative in this election and blew it. They succumbed to the false notion that voting for one was a vote for Hillary. Oh well, now they have to live with their conscience.  I did my part for conservative values.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 04:32:24 pm »
Conservatives had a chance to elect a true conservative in this election and blew it. They succumbed to the false notion that voting for one was a vote for Hillary. Oh well, now they have to live with their conscience.  I did my part for conservative values.

It is kind of fun watching them scramble to avoid the blame for the liberal they voted for being the liberal we all knew he was.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

I was waiting for him to either fall into the fire or shoot one of the onlookers...   :thud:
Let it burn.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »
Funny,  I see recent events as a boon for conservatism.  For the first time in a generation, there's a possibility of thwarting Washington gridlock and actually making progress on the stagnant economy by encouraging growth and rolling back the regulatory leviathan.   

Well there is where we differ.

First - I WANT WASHINGTON GRIDLOCK.  As much as possible.  All the time.   Washington only exists now to spend our money  to empower itself over us and limit our liberties.

And if you think DC is going to roll back any regulations or crushing mandates that stifle growth outside of crony Fascist partnerships - you might also believe in the tooth fairy.

Reagan said it best: a government program is the nearest thing to eternal life we will see in this age.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »
It's heartbreaking to see so many in Congress for whom I had respect just turn their backs in favor of Trumpism.

But if the issue is "Trumpism", then they haven't actually done anything yet.  If they start writing/passing a whole bunch of non-conservative legislation, then sure.  But until then, it seems like a lot of premature clutching at pearls.  Supporting Trump after the election can be just as indicative of building relationships to restrain Trump's non-conservative impulses as it is of wholesale support of this agenda.

Maybe we should wait until the vessel takes some actual hits below the waterline before yelling "abandon ship!"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:41:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 07:17:27 pm »
But if the issue is "Trumpism", then they haven't actually done anything yet.  If they start writing/passing a whole bunch of non-conservative legislation, then sure.  But until then, it seems like a lot of premature clutching at pearls.  Supporting Trump after the election can be just as indicative of building relationships to restrain Trump's non-conservative impulses as it is of wholesale support of this agenda.

Maybe we should wait until the vessel takes some actual hits below the waterline before yelling "abandon ship!"

Good advice, though I'm asking for inflatable boats for Christmas.   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:24 pm »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 07:46:45 pm »
Conservatives had a chance to elect a true conservative in this election and blew it.

@RetBobbyMI

Who was that? The only one I can think of that even came close to being a conservative was Cruz.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 07:48:41 pm »
Well there is where we differ.

First - I WANT WASHINGTON GRIDLOCK.  As much as possible.  All the time. 

@INVAR

Baring cloning Barry Goldwater and running him again,I have a hard time arguing with that.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 07:52:25 pm »
@RetBobbyMI

Who was that? The only one I can think of that even came close to being a conservative was Cruz.
Didn't get to vote for Cruz in the primary, because my township clerk failed to send my absentee ballot.  In the General, their was ONLY one conservative voice to be had...Darrell Castle.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy