Author Topic: COULTER via Twitter: Sounds like the big sell-out is coming. Oh well.  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: COULTER via Twitter: Sounds like the big sell-out is coming. Oh well.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:20:53 am »
Don't blame me she says.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:13:13 pm »
Well Ann, those who bolstered Trump in the primary ARE responsible for what happened from that point forward and ARE responsible for what happens in the future. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:20 pm »
She was warned. She knew from the start he was not trustworthy but she's a cult follower of whatever RINO is running.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:41:37 pm »
In all fairness though, he hasn't been sworn in yet ... until then ... we shall see.  I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and all ll I'm hoping for at this point is a conservative justice to replace Scalia.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:45:59 pm »
In all fairness though, he hasn't been sworn in yet ... until then ... we shall see.  I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and all ll I'm hoping for at this point is a conservative justice to replace Scalia.

We should never give government or politicians the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:59:37 pm »
We should never give government or politicians the benefit of the doubt.

Especially one with a 30+ year history of liberalism.

I'm not sure what anyone hopes to achieve with this "give him the benefit of a doubt" BS anyway. If he screws us over that's it and all the benefits of doubts in the world will continue to be meaningless and we'll be just as screwed. Mostly it sounds like a lot of people trying to absolve themselves of guilt like Coulter.

And lets not forget, these people didn't just vote for Trump and call it a day. These people threatened to destroy republican politicians who didn't get on board. In many cases voters were threatened with everything from deportation to execution if we didn't get on board.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 11:10:27 pm »
Maybe I missed it, but exactly what is the "big sell-out" that is supposedly coming?  All I saw was that work will begin on an immigration bill.

So what?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:37:56 am »

I'm not sure what anyone hopes to achieve with this "give him the benefit of a doubt" BS anyway. If he screws us over that's it and all the benefits of doubts in the world will continue to be meaningless and we'll be just as screwed. Mostly it sounds like a lot of people trying to absolve themselves of guilt like Coulter.

And lets not forget, these people didn't just vote for Trump and call it a day. These people threatened to destroy republican politicians who didn't get on board. In many cases voters were threatened with everything from deportation to execution if we didn't get on board.

I'm not trying to achieve anything, but doing what is right by giving him the benefit of the doubt until he's sworn in. He in all likelihood will screw over his supporters and the rest of us, but as I stated before, I'm hoping for a conservative justice.  If we can get that out of him in addition to getting rid of Hillary; we've accomplished two very important goals.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:07 am »
Maybe I missed it, but exactly what is the "big sell-out" that is supposedly coming?  All I saw was that work will begin on an immigration bill.

So what?

Anne is pissed off that Ryan won't fund Trump's Schutzstaffel.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-ryan-donald-trump-border-wall-could-include-fencing-no-deportation-force/
Paul Ryan says border wall could include fencing, no deportation force

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 01:51:27 am »

Offline Optiguy

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 02:03:30 am »

That reminds me, Geddy Lee plays a mean bass.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 02:47:11 am »

Oh poor Anne.  NOT!  She sold the Trump show.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 03:08:17 am »

I agree. The way I see it a "benefit of the doubt" is something that someone earns. You don't give it to just anyone. That person has to have some kind of character or morality that leads you to believe they are more likely to do the right thing than the wrong thing. Given Trump's past history I don't believe he is someone I would give this benefit to. He hasn't earned it.

If Trump would start to keep the promises that he has made and prove he meant what he said THEN and only then do I believe he would have earned a "benefit of the doubt" from his supporters.

It's the same with respect and self esteem. It's not something that should be handed out like a door prize or it becomes meaningless. It has to be earned.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:30 pm »
I agree. The way I see it a "benefit of the doubt" is something that someone earns. You don't give it to just anyone. That person has to have some kind of character or morality that leads you to believe they are more likely to do the right thing than the wrong thing. Given Trump's past history I don't believe he is someone I would give this benefit to. He hasn't earned it.

If Trump would start to keep the promises that he has made and prove he meant what he said THEN and only then do I believe he would have earned a "benefit of the doubt" from his supporters.

It's the same with respect and self esteem. It's not something that should be handed out like a door prize or it becomes meaningless. It has to be earned.

To me an example of the benefit of a doubt goes to someone like Mike Lee or Ted Cruz if they say or do something that seems to be in direct opposition to past patterns of behavior.

In Trump's case its a simple matter of trying to deny reality.