Author Topic: Will Trump and Republicans finally shut down suicidal Somali immigration?  (Read 405 times)

rangerrebew

Will Trump and Republicans finally shut down suicidal Somali immigration?

By: Daniel Horowitz | November 29, 2016
Officer stamping a passport.

Andrey Burmakin | Shutterstock

Font Size A A A

Print Images Print

For years, our political leaders have learned all the wrong lessons from Israel. They spent two decades trying to localize the jihad and diminish its significance to that of a conventional land dispute between “Israelis and Palestinians.” All the while forgetting Israel was confronted with a global Jihadist threat and that they were the harbinger of what was going to come to the West. Yet, rather than tightening immigration, Europe and the United States opened the doors to the Islamic world and are now facing the same enemy Israel has faced for years, albeit without their robust security apparatus. Now, with the news of the Ohio State attack fresh in our minds, we can appreciate that much like in Israel, bombings, stabbings, and vehicular attacks have become a regular occurrence.

If we don’t get serious about prioritizing our security needs through immigration policy, yesterday’s attack in Ohio State could be just the beginning of things to come. In fact, it is a reflection of a new norm that has already come to our shores. From Chattanooga and Fort Hood to San Bernardino and Orlando, we’ve witnessed jihad through mass shootings. From University of California Merced and the first Columbus, Ohio stabbing last year, to the Minneapolis mall stabbing and yesterday’s stabbing and vehicular attack at Ohio State, we are witnessing jihad by other means. The common thread is not the weapon of choice, but the jihadist motivation perpetrated on America by individual Muslim immigrants or children born to immigrant parents that have been admitted over the past two generations to this country.   

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/11/will-trump-and-republicans-finally-shut-down-suicidal-somali-immigration
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:12:44 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Will Trump and Republicans finally shut down suicidal Somali immigration?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:26:51 pm »
Election deciders:

--Hillary wanted to INCREASE by 550% these types of refugees

--Trump wanted to clamp down, be far more careful

Fortunately common sense barely prevailed.

Just a few years ago I visited a small farming town in the eastern plains of Colorado, where I lived as a youngster for awhile. My earliest memories were from there, until 1st grade.

In the early 50s it was mainly sugar beets, but now it is mainly government subsidized corn for ethanol.

Anyway driving down the main street in town, we saw an apartment complex, and several thin black people getting into a minivan--obviously Somali refugees brought there.

Ever since I have asked "Why are we doing this?" Surely it is not because the town's residents asked for more laborers. There have been plenty from Mexico for decades--all the way back to the ones I remember there as a child.

It turns out America is a very foolish country, when it comes to security. Foolish in the sense they turn decisions over to career diplomats, and people like Obama and Hillary Clinton.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Will Trump and Republicans finally shut down suicidal Somali immigration?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »
We'll see.  Will he or won't he?