Author Topic: Trump's Treasury pick has given millions to Dems and far-left groups  (Read 436 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
President-elect Trump selected Steven Mnuchin on Wednesday to serve as secretary of the treasury. Mnuchin was the Trump campaign's national finance chairman, and the two have run in the same New York circles for decades. But disturbingly, Mnuchin has routinely donated to Democratic politicians.....

....According to Federal Election Commission filings, Mnuchin himself gave tens of thousands of dollars to Democratic candidates, including at least $2,300 to President Obama's 2008 presidential campaign and $2,000 to his 2004 Senate campaign.

He also gave $2,300 to Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign and almost $4,000 to her Senate campaigns. Mnuchin also gave $10,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in 2004.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-treasury-pick-has-given-millions-to-dems-and-far-left-groups/article/2608499#.WD8mkrFNG3Y.twitter

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Trump's Treasury pick has given millions to Dems and far-left groups
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 07:28:26 pm »
Buh, buh, buh...Heidi Cruz!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Trump's Treasury pick has given millions to Dems and far-left groups
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 07:32:24 pm »

Will...not...matter. IndyMac is too juicy for the Democrat hyenas to feast on. McConnell will have to employ the nuclear option to get him confirmed.

IMHO, anyone who was involved with bank acquisitions during 2008-2012 is suspect. I worked at the FDIC during that time, and the deals that were made were lucrative for the acquirers. The people I worked with did a great job to maximize the money that was put back into the DIF. Our mission was two-fold: maximize the return to the DIF, while returning assets to the private sector.

I had a few successes, such as reviewing a proposal for a commercial loan mod in Nevada. They proposed doing a loan mod on a $40 million note, taking it down to $17 million. After reviewing their tax returns, I asked a few questions at the meeting...next day they raised their offer to $28 million, more in line with the current market value of the property.

We also had two loan servicers voluntarily withdraw from their contracts, as they weren't hitting their profit projections on the contract. When was the last time you heard a federal contractor "withdraw" from a contract?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.