Author Topic: Schumer: Republicans Are 'Plotting a War on Seniors'  (Read 6986 times)

Oceander

Re: Schumer: Republicans Are 'Plotting a War on Seniors'
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 05:33:58 pm »
Democrats and the GOPe are instituting a war on generations yet unborn by accumulating debt that they will never be able to pay back.

And here's Trump, merrily staffing his administration with GOPe.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2016, 05:34:28 pm »
Time to demagogue like it's 1984!  :beer:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 06:00:48 pm »
Time to demagogue like it's 1984!  :beer:

Trump's going to triangulate like it's 1999!   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »

Bush? 10 years ago? 10? That was 2 Presidents ago. Bad Day was a popular song. What happened to the Rats after that running on the seniors thing? Oh yeah. They became the weakest they have been since 1920.

Nothing to do with seniors. The Dems are losing because all they seem to care about is Global Warming, homosexuals, and coddling Muslims. Nobody else in America cares about the things they run on.

Outside of Blacks, Muslims, Jews, illegals, homosexuals, felons, and other assorted weirdos, they have no base. The Democrat Party has become the party of old, and I mean really old, White hippies from the 60s. Nobody can relate to them anymore today.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 06:14:58 pm »

Trump does not represent the will of the people.  If we really wanted to respect the decision of "the people," then Clinton would be the president-elect, not Trump, for the simple reason that she won the popular vote.

That stupidity cracks me up every time I read it. HILLARY! HILLARY! HILLARY REALLY WON! TRUMP DID NOT WIN! HILLARY DID! Whaaaa whaaa I need my bottle.
NeverTrump wackos are Freaking pathetic.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 06:23:28 pm »
Trump does not represent the will of the people.  If we really wanted to respect the decision of "the people," then Clinton would be the president-elect, not Trump, for the simple reason that she won the popular vote.

That stupidity cracks me up every time I read it. HILLARY! HILLARY! HILLARY REALLY WON! TRUMP DID NOT WIN! HILLARY DID! Whaaaa whaaa I need my bottle.
NeverTrump wackos are Freaking pathetic.

Nice to see you haven't lost your essential brain dead irrationality.  Tell me: what is the definition of "the will of the people"?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 06:39:58 pm »

Don't pretend to try to 'debate'. Your girl lost. Deal with it.
Try a pacifier. It will make you 'feel' better.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »

It's not @Oceander that seems to be in need of a woobie and a warm bottle right now.

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 07:04:38 pm »

I didn't realize Gary Johnson was a girl.

By the way, you still haven't answered my very simple question: define "the will of the people".
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:06:10 pm by Oceander »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »
Schumer: Republicans Are 'Plotting a War on Seniors'

(CNSNews.com) - During the presidential campaign, Republican Donald Trump said he would not cut Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid, but no matter.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, the next Senate minority leader, on Tuesday warned that Republicans are "plotting a war on seniors."

The New York Democrat said he was "so disappointed" that Trump has nominated Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) to be his Health and Human Services secretary. "When it comes to issues like Medicare, the Affordable Care Act and Planned Parenthood, Congressman Price and the average American couldn't be further apart," Schumer told a news conference on Capitol Hill.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/schumer-republicans-are-plotting-war-seniors

Schumer is a piece of scum.  If he thinks Price is a bad pick, I consider it a recommendation.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 07:52:26 pm »

When was the last time the GOP seriously looked at SS reform and had the power to do something about it?

Bush got his ass kicked.

I don't know what you propose as 'reform' but the government should never have been allowed to get their hands on the Social Security funds.  This program, at least, would be solvent.  If something were to happen to old folks getting Social Security, you would see Ted Cruz's pitchforks in the street, if we could still lift them.

As for Medicare, it's almost equally entrenched now.  I would be okay without it as I have other insurance... but I love it.

The Feds are bogged down in so many layers of bureaucracy with so many unnecessary programs.  Do something about those and then talk to me about Social Security.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »
The Dems say Republicans are declaring qar on seniors, but it is the Democrats who are raiding Medicare to fund freebees for illegals and alleged "refugees."

Offline CSM

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 08:04:38 pm »
I don't know what you propose as 'reform' but the government should never have been allowed to get their hands on the Social Security funds.  This program, at least, would be solvent.  If something were to happen to old folks getting Social Security, you would see Ted Cruz's pitchforks in the street, if we could still lift them.

As for Medicare, it's almost equally entrenched now.  I would be okay without it as I have other insurance... but I love it.

The Feds are bogged down in so many layers of bureaucracy with so many unnecessary programs.  Do something about those and then talk to me about Social Security.

Social Security could not be worse for everyone involved.  I have seen legitimate analysis (Think Dave Ramsey) and if a person were to earn minimum wage their entire lives and if they saved the 13% in a market based mutual fund, they would retire with well over $2.3M in that retirement account.  Instead, we get to argue about why "grandma has to eat dog food!"

I can't think of a bigger failure for the people of this country.  Yet, we have people fighting for such a scam!  And the ruling class loves it, because they get to be heroes when our seniors get to upgrade from dog food to rice and beans.

No, I am not advocating ripping it away from those that receive it.  But it would be wonderful if younger generations were allowed to make a choice to invest that 13% in a private account.  After a couple of generations, the program would simply vanish.  The problem, it takes power away from the ruling class and gives it back to the individual.  We can't have that!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 08:25:41 pm »

Nice to see you haven't lost your essential brain dead irrationality.  Tell me: what is the definition of "the will of the people"?

Tell me: what is the definition of "the will of the people"?  THIS...is the will of the people.

States themselves are not monolithically blue or red. Here's the projected winner in each county in the US. At first glance, there are a handful of blue islands, mostly concentrated along the coasts, surrounded by a sea of red.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 08:27:16 pm »

Tell me: what is the definition of "the will of the people"?  THIS...is the will of the people.

States themselves are not monolithically blue or red. Here's the projected winner in each county in the US. At first glance, there are a handful of blue islands, mostly concentrated along the coasts, surrounded by a sea of red.

Really?   Pretty colored pictures are "the will of the people"?  I didn't realize it was an art contest, not an election.

Thanks for playing loser.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 08:30:00 pm »

Really?   Pretty colored pictures are "the will of the people"?  I didn't realize it was an art contest, not an election.

I think you might want to check the dictionary about that word. It applies to one of us. I don't think it is me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 08:36:18 pm »

Nice artwork.  Doesn't mean squat.

Oh and Hillary's lead in the popular vote was still rising last time I checked.  There are some (certainly not me) who could make the argument for the fact that the "will of the people" wasn't served because Cankles won the popular vote.

:shrug:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:37:18 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »

Nothing to do with seniors.

Not the point of my argument with WTF. He said it was a winning strategery for the Rats. I can show through the disappearance of Rat Pols all over the country that it is not.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2016, 08:39:53 pm »

I don't know what you two are arguing about, and quite frankly I am too lazy to dig into it......but this post made me laugh. Top notch.

Carry on!

:Obounce:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2016, 08:40:37 pm »

Just when I take you off "IGNORE" you post dribble like this.  Do you have a fractured personality?  Once in a while you post as a sane person, then you go bonkers....

@Oceander, along with everyone else on this forum voted AGAINST Hillary.

How long are you going to perpetuate what you know is an outright lie?  Even after your man-child WON.....   22222frying pan
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
Did you omit a comma? Assuming you did, why stoop to name-calling? Of course, if you didn't, what is this game "loser" to which you refer? ;)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2016, 08:54:17 pm »
Did you omit a comma? Assuming you did, why stoop to name-calling? Of course, if you didn't, what is this game "loser" to which you refer? ;)

I'm not totally sure, but I think is some game show about some hot lesbian making fun of fat people?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2016, 09:02:37 pm »

Just when I take you off "IGNORE" you post dribble like this.  Do you have a fractured personality?  Once in a while you post as a sane person, then you go bonkers....

@Oceander, along with everyone else on this forum voted AGAINST Hillary.

How long are you going to perpetuate what you know is an outright lie?  Even after your man-child WON.....   22222frying pan

@musiclady

I apologize. Yes it is true that I posted to @Oceander a little too harshly. But, in my defense, saying that my President, President Trump, is not legitimate because Hillary won the fictitious 'popular vote' is definitely declaring support for another Clinton presidency. There is not much wiggle room there. The idea of Hillary Clinton being president, is a chilling thought. It is the most horrible thing that could happen to the world.

But yes, I attacked Oceaner because of his political views which are opposite of mine, and I was wrong. It will not happen again.

Offline CSM

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

@musiclady

I apologize. Yes it is true that I posted to @Oceander a little too harshly. But, in my defense, saying that my President, President Trump, is not legitimate because Hillary won the fictitious 'popular vote' is definitely declaring support for another Clinton presidency. There is not much wiggle room there. The idea of Hillary Clinton being president, is a chilling thought. It is the most horrible thing that could happen to the world.

But yes, I attacked Oceaner because of his political views which are opposite of mine, and I was wrong. It will not happen again.

@240B @Oceander

I honestly think that there is some confusion here.  I read Oceander's original post as starting with a sarcastic statement that was mimicking lefties.  If I recall correctly, the next sentence was making fun of their mimicked position....I might be wrong, but I think that you guys are actually on the same side in this discussion....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 09:18:14 pm »
@240B @Oceander

I honestly think that there is some confusion here.  I read Oceander's original post as starting with a sarcastic statement that was mimicking lefties.  If I recall correctly, the next sentence was making fun of their mimicked position....I might be wrong, but I think that you guys are actually on the same side in this discussion....

That's how I read it.