Author Topic: Conway unloads on Romney  (Read 2613 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Conway unloads on Romney
« on: November 28, 2016, 01:31:56 am »

By Matthew Nussbaum 11/27/16 10:00 AM EST

Appointing Mitt Romney as secretary of state would be viewed by many supporters of President-elect Donald Trump as a major betrayal, former Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told CNN on Sunday.

“It’s just breathtaking in scope and intensity,” Conway said of the opposition to Romney among Trump supporters.

“Receiving deluge of social media & private comms re: Romney Some Trump loyalists warn against Romney as sec of state,” Conway wrote on Twitter on Thursday, linking to a POLITICO article about opposition to Romney.

“I felt compelled to come forward on behalf of the people who were weighing in,” Conway said of that tweet.

(more) http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/conway-unloads-on-romney-231855

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

Re: Conway unloads on Romney
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 01:44:31 am »
She is nothing more than an unprincipled knee-pad-wearing sycophant who was bought and paid for.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 01:49:16 am »

Was Powell and Rice this much kabuki for Bush, or Clinton and Kerry for obummer?

Trump has floated almost everyone for SoS, except Christy and Pee Wee Herman.

That Democrat Hawaii Congressperson will be put at the Veterans Administration.

So he can blame someone beneficial for the incoming screwup.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 01:51:58 am »

She is nothing more than an unprincipled knee-pad-wearing sycophant who was bought and paid for.

Ok. I guess? Of course she is bought and paid for. So are you. So are all of us. That is called being an employee, or the agent of a client. There is nothing at all unusual about working for someone. As far as the other stuff, sounds like you may have some anger issues to me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 01:53:30 am »

Ok. I guess? Of course she is bought and paid for. So are you. So are all of us. That is called being an employee, or the agent of a client. There is nothing at all unusual about working for someone. As far as the other stuff, sounds like you may have some anger issues to me.

Seems to me she's better than most - she stayed paid for for the duration and a bit beyond.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 01:57:28 am »

Her opinions and beliefs flipped a complete 180 instantly when she was offered a job with the Trump campaign. She's a prostitute.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 02:02:58 am »
I think she is dead wrong on this one. Of all those that the MSM has said Trump is considering for Secy' State so far, Romney would be the best.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:20 am »
Yet Trump reached out to Romney, did he not?

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 02:12:11 am »
Yet Trump reached out to Romney, did he not?

From what I've heard and read that is accurate. IMHO Conway needs to realize she is very disposable at this point.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 02:12:25 am »
Trump is on the path to being the most dysfunctional administration in history. And he hasn't even assumed office yet.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 02:16:01 am »
@libertybele 

I don't understand your tolerance of Romney, cause I know you to be a pretty Conservative Net Presence.

I didn't have to live in MA, when he was Governor to know the damage he's already done to this Country.

He's just a slimmer Chris Christy, another NE liberal.

Anybody but Bolton for SoS is not Hopeful, and I don't see that happening.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 02:16:38 am »
Conway making Lanny Davis look good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 02:36:32 am »

Kellyanne is from NJ, and until Trump bullied/lied his way through the Primary's, she was with Cruz.

In spite of the fact that she is from 'up there', I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as an a$$holes spokesperson.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 02:40:46 am »
@libertybele 

I don't understand your tolerance of Romney, cause I know you to be a pretty Conservative Net Presence.

I didn't have to live in MA, when he was Governor to know the damage he's already done to this Country.

He's just a slimmer Chris Christy, another NE liberal.

Anybody but Bolton for SoS is not Hopeful, and I don't see that happening.

Personally, I find Romney tolerable because of his personality; he is compassionate, charismatic, intelligent and has moral character.  I would much rather see him as our Sec'y of State rather than Christy, Bolton, Ayotte, and Giuliani.  The only one that I think would make a better Secretary of State than Romney is Bob Corker.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 02:40:46 am »

Was Powell and Rice this much kabuki for Bush, or Clinton and Kerry for obummer?

Trump has floated almost everyone for SoS, except Christy and Pee Wee Herman.

That Democrat Hawaii Congressperson will be put at the Veterans Administration.

So he can blame someone beneficial for the incoming screwup.

When they floated Nikki Haley for SOS the queen of the aryan brotherhood was livid.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 02:53:45 am »
    Ann Coulter would be great taking over Michelle's School Lunch Program.

America needs to lose some weight.

Waren Zevon ahead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 03:10:36 am »
   @libertybele

I could live with Corker as SoS, the Glass is always Half FULL.

I remember this guy.

Warren Christopher

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 03:19:42 am »
From what I've heard and read that is accurate. IMHO Conway needs to realize she is very disposable at this point.

It's bizarre.  You would think she wouldn't be doing this without Trump's knowledge.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was cooked up just to humiliate Romney.

@libertybele

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 03:29:27 am »
It's bizarre.  You would think she wouldn't be doing this without Trump's knowledge.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was cooked up just to humiliate Romney.

@libertybele

No kidding, and she may be ripping Romney, but she's ripping Trump at the same time. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 04:57:42 am »
Is a President supposed to fill a cabinet with the people he believes would do the best job, or simply as rewards for the most loyal?  Conway is advocating the latter, and rather shamelessly at that.

Romney would be a very good appointment.  Not only because  he'd be good at the job, but because it would signify that Trump cares more about governing than about rubbing his victory in the faces of those who opposed him.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:58:03 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 05:51:49 am »
I think she is dead wrong on this one. Of all those that the MSM has said Trump is considering for Secy' State so far, Romney would be the best.

I agree but would she go this far in attacking the Romney appointment if she didn't have some sense of what Trump wanted her to say.

I wish he would nominate Romney.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »
Seems to me that Trump needed Romney's dignity, integrity, and intellect far more than Romney needs the likes of DT.
And for the record, Conway began as a dem and eventually the roots begin to show.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 03:53:59 pm »
And for the record, Conway began as a dem and eventually the roots begin to show.

Conway began this campaign season working for the Cruz campaign @Rivergirl 

As for the rest of your post, I redacted it as the spam it is.   **nononono*

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »
No kidding, and she may be ripping Romney, but she's ripping Trump at the same time.

@Sanguine

I tend to agree with Ben Shapiro; Conway is a hired gun, and she isn't doing this without instructions from either Bannon or Trump.

According to the Daily Mail, Trump is looking at Petraeus for the SOS position:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3978906/Trump-meet-David-Petraeus-ex-CIA-boss-shared-classified-information-mistress-talk-secretary-state-slot.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus#ixzz4RJk0BvAE

Offline rodamala

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 08:39:13 pm »

Kellyanne was here.