Author Topic: Wisconsin officials drop TRUTH BOMB about recount  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Vulcan

Wisconsin officials drop TRUTH BOMB about recount
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:26:22 pm »
Green Party candidate Jill Stein has raised nearly six million dollars so far (according to her website) for lawyers and email fundraising companies an election recount effort in Wisconsin.

As the Washington Time reports, Stein filed a petition on Friday “to have a state recount on the sole grounds that data experts BELIEVE there may have been a cyberattack. They have no evidence, but contend that Democrat Hillary Clinton performed better where paper ballots, rather than electronic ones were used.”

[[SNIP]]

The commission previously issued a statement saying it will routinely audit the performance of a sample of machines, which must achieve a performance rate of no more than one mistake per 500,000 votes. Since performing the audit beginning in 2006, not one machine has failed, the commission said.

[[SNIP]]

Voters who demand a higher minimum wage and free college are gleefully donating millions of dollars to a completely fruitless, baseless cause.

more here

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Wisconsin officials drop TRUTH BOMB about recount
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:36:50 pm »
Hard to argue against an audit/recount if the president-elect asserts, without any evidence, that were millions of illegal votes

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:43:11 pm »
Voters who demand a higher minimum wage and free college are gleefully donating millions of dollars to a completely fruitless, baseless cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bk2MrMGaA

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:43:44 pm »
Hard to argue against an audit/recount if the president-elect asserts, without any evidence, that were millions of illegal votes

LOL

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 10:48:40 pm »

Donny's too dense to get that. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:31:38 pm »

You might be missing another element. If the vote recount can't be completed by Dec. 13th that State's electoral votes won't be counted. So if hillary can tie up WI., MI., & PA Trump won't have 270 votes and it will be up to the House to decide. I don't doubt that Trump will win in the House, but it will be one more thing that undermines his legitimacy as POTUS along with the argument that he didn't win the popular vote.

The leftists are accusing everyone that Trump is choosing for his cabinet  and as advisers of being racists, homophobes, islamaphobes etc. for the same reason. They want to undermine Trump's presidency. Unfortunately, a lot of neverTrumpers are so caught up in the cycle of criticizing Trump they aren't seeing the bigger game that's being played. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 12:11:48 am »
Unfortunately, a lot of neverTrumpers are so caught up in the cycle of criticizing Trump they aren't seeing the bigger game that's being played.

So the democRATs, whose motto is "Count Every Vote", plan to disenfrankincense millions of voters in 3 states with virtually no chance of taking the WH?  I doubt it, but we can hope.

And highlighting Trump's moronic questioning of the legitimacy of the election results, an act that can only support the left's claim that a recount is warranted, is hardly not "seeing the bigger game that's being played".   It is just that; lifelong liberal Trump is too dense to see it.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 12:44:08 am »
You might be missing another element. If the vote recount can't be completed by Dec. 13th that State's electoral votes won't be counted. So if hillary can tie up WI., MI., & PA Trump won't have 270 votes and it will be up to the House to decide. I don't doubt that Trump will win in the House, but it will be one more thing that undermines his legitimacy as POTUS along with the argument that he didn't win the popular vote.

The leftists are accusing everyone that Trump is choosing for his cabinet  and as advisers of being racists, homophobes, islamaphobes etc. for the same reason. They want to undermine Trump's presidency. Unfortunately, a lot of neverTrumpers are so caught up in the cycle of criticizing Trump they aren't seeing the bigger game that's being played.

You missed WTF's point entirely. Trump in saying what he's saying is encouraging a recount, after all he said there were "millions" of fraudulent votes, a recount that has no upside for him. Stupid is as stupid does.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 12:55:41 am »

This thought, on occasion, crosses my mind, and then I sober up and realize how pathetic the argument is, with myself.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:32 am »
You missed WTF's point entirely. Trump in saying what he's saying is encouraging a recount, after all he said there were "millions" of fraudulent votes, a recount that has no upside for him. Stupid is as stupid does.

Donnie's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 02:00:05 am »
Technically, if there's any sort of delay and the recount looks like it won't be decided by December 13, all the legislature would need to do is appoint the electors to their posts directly by passing a state law. They really don't need to honor any election. (Even without such an extraordinary action, judging by the precedent set by Bush v. Gore, the last official count would stand anyway.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 05:31:58 am »

I'm just waiting to see what he does. There will be plenty of time to compare his promises to his accomplishments.

Part of the reason to go after WI is so the Dems can claim the failed recall of Walker was voter fraud, too.  They are trying to project their past sins onto the GOP.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:32:28 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Talisker

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 05:51:00 am »

Unless, of course, you consider the outrageous, impossible option that the president elect was referring to a different State22222frying pan
Those who command, must obey.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »
What everyone seems to be missing is that the vote in each state needs to be certified before December 13.  Michigan has already certified the vote, before the recount begins.  If the recount isn't finished by Dec. 13, that doesn't "uncertify" the vote.  I don't know about Wisconsin or Pennsylvania, but I'd bet that the results have been certified there too.  So if the recounts aren't finished by Dec. 13, that won't invalidate the electors from those states.  What it will do is let the leftists scream about a slightly changed "outrage" for somewhat longer.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 12:45:52 pm »
Michigan has already certified the vote, before the recount begins.

I was unaware of that.  Thank you.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 01:25:55 pm »
Technically, if there's any sort of delay and the recount looks like it won't be decided by December 13, all the legislature would need to do is appoint the electors to their posts directly by passing a state law. They really don't need to honor any election. (Even without such an extraordinary action, judging by the precedent set by Bush v. Gore, the last official count would stand anyway.)

If the state has certified the election results, those will stand unless/until a recount shows something different.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline thackney

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 02:28:55 pm »
What everyone seems to be missing is that the vote in each state needs to be certified before December 13.  Michigan has already certified the vote, before the recount begins.  If the recount isn't finished by Dec. 13, that doesn't "uncertify" the vote.  I don't know about Wisconsin or Pennsylvania, but I'd bet that the results have been certified there too.  So if the recounts aren't finished by Dec. 13, that won't invalidate the electors from those states.  What it will do is let the leftists scream about a slightly changed "outrage" for somewhat longer.

Wisconsin Elections Commission Receives Two Presidential Election Recount Petitions
Date:  November 25, 2016
http://elections.wi.gov/node/4436

...A spreadsheet containing ward-by-ward results of the county canvasses is attached to this news release below. These results have not yet been certified by the Wisconsin Elections Commission....

I haven't found the info for PA.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 02:38:04 pm »
I don't doubt that Trump will win in the House, but it will be one more thing that undermines his legitimacy as POTUS along with the argument that he didn't win the popular vote.

What other things are you thinking about?

The popular vote means nothing on the election of a President, so am curious where you are going here.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:38:54 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »
Does anyone doubt that the same recount shenanigans would play out if the vote totals would have gone the other way? No respect for the system stems from all the fraud attempts before the vote, such as no voter ID to register or vote.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 03:04:48 pm »
What other things are you thinking about?

The popular vote means nothing on the election of a President, so am curious where you are going here.

Let us not forget that Bill Clinton was elected twice without getting over 50% of the popular vote.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »
Let us not forget that Bill Clinton was elected twice without getting over 50% of the popular vote.

And Hillary received more votes than did Obama in 2008.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 03:11:59 pm »
Wisconsin Elections Commission Receives Two Presidential Election Recount Petitions
Date:  November 25, 2016
http://elections.wi.gov/node/4436

...A spreadsheet containing ward-by-ward results of the county canvasses is attached to this news release below. These results have not yet been certified by the Wisconsin Elections Commission....

I haven't found the info for PA.

Looks like they certify by Dec. 1

http://elections.wi.gov/node/4427
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »

You're wrong.

Trump is not encouraging a recount. He's pointing out that the vote is biased towards the Rats already. The ballots can be recounted numerous times and it won't matter. The ballots are not signed so if an illegal votes you can't discount the vote because you can't identify how they voted.

I was not a Trump supporter, but I sure am not going to let my opposition to him cloud my ability to think critically as so many neverTrumpers seem to be doing. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 03:16:26 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
I'm just waiting to see what he does. There will be plenty of time to compare his promises to his accomplishments.

Part of the reason to go after WI is so the Dems can claim the failed recall of Walker was voter fraud, too.  They are trying to project their past sins onto the GOP.

You make a good point.

It's not about results. It's about image.