Author Topic: 'We are a Muslim business' Woolworths store cancels Christmas over Islamic customers. WOOLWORTHS has cancelled Christmas in one of its German stores after claiming its only remaining customers are Muslim.  (Read 1120 times)

rangerrebew

'We are a Muslim business' Woolworths store cancels Christmas over Islamic customers
WOOLWORTHS has cancelled Christmas in one of its German stores after claiming its only remaining customers are Muslim.
By Simon Osborne
PUBLISHED: 06:09, Wed, Nov 23, 2016 | UPDATED: 11:53, Wed, Nov 23, 2016

Dortmund's Christmas tree/ Woolworths/migrants GETTY
Dortmund's Christmas tree/A Woolworth store in the city/Muslim migrants bound for Dortmund

The former high street favourite went bust seven years ago in the UK but still operates 300 stores across Germany.

And a row has broken out after staff at a branch in Dortmund decided not to bother with Christmas decorations, gifts or music this year because it is now essentially a Muslim store.

Shocked locals found out after the Christmas section, which featured decorations, gifts and and festive treats such as chocolate Father Christmases, was removed after just a few days on display.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/735211/Woolworth-Germany-cancels-Christmas-Dortmund-customers-Muslims
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:23:04 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

It seems to me they want to go belly up again.  Its a  lot like Target and their restroom policies.  My wife wanted me to go to Target this afternoon and I told her I don't do Target.  If I lived in Germany, I wouldn't shop at Woolworth.

Offline skeeter

Christmas banned in the birthplace of der Pelznickel himself.

A sign of the demographic times.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:28:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

What's the issue here?

It's a single store who has an extremely large percentage of its customer base as Muslim. 

This is called "catering to your customer base".

Complaining about it is just the same as if CAIR would complain about how Hobby Lobby wouldn't offer Eid al-Fitr decorations in a place like Boise, Idaho.  Why?  Because there wouldn't be enough Muslims to make it profitable.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:08:19 am by HonestJohn »

rangerrebew

They SAY muslims are their largest customer source but I see nothing to prove it.  It may be they are in a densely populated muslim area and are just afraid, which would make sense.  In fact, at one point they did have decorations but took them down because "they weren't selling enough just like the year before."  Did they find that out after they put the decorations up for sale?  In re-reading the story, it seems to me there is a strong likelihood they had some reason to be nervous about Christian displays.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:24:19 pm by rangerrebew »