Author Topic: Here are all the fake 'news' sites to watch out for on Facebook  (Read 2506 times)

rangerrebew

Here are all the fake 'news' sites to watch out for on Facebook

Andrew Couts —
    Nov 16 at 1:58PM | Last updated Nov 16 at 2:05PM

It's a minefield out there, folks.

The hot new thing in the world of media is websites that are completely bogus.

Facebook, a primary driver of traffic to publications, has come under fire for allowing the promotion of fake news websites and sites that deal in conspiracy theories rather than facts. Some Facebook employees even reportedly revolted and took matters into their own hands.

Many have questioned whether the rise of fake news contributed to the election victory of President-elect Donald Trump, and both Facebook and Google have responded by cutting these sites out of their advertising networks and otherwise making their stories harder to find. And PolitiFact, a Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking site, has launched a new section devoted to fake news.

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/1...ites/?AID=7236

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Here are all the fake 'news' sites to watch out for on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 05:56:11 am »
Can you find a better link? The one you have seems to be broken. Thanks!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 05:59:35 am »
But while we're on the subject, it isn't just fake political news and it isn't just Facebook. There is a TONNAGE
of fake news sites out there---or, at least, fake links showing you, say, celebrity suicides with a picture of
a celebrity who is very much alive and well. Things like that. These click baiters just waste people's time and
make monkeys out of them.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 05:59:56 am »
Can you find a better link? The one you have seems to be broken. Thanks!
Sorry, about the only use I would have for Facebook is to keep up with local gossip, and from what I hear, that is highly inaccurate. Never mind. I'll just stop by the pawn shop, have a cup of varnish remover/coffee and chew the fat...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 06:10:01 am »
Sorry, about the only use I would have for Facebook is to keep up with local gossip, and from what I hear, that is highly inaccurate. Never mind. I'll just stop by the pawn shop, have a cup of varnish remover/coffee and chew the fat...

You're drinking the wrong coffee, bro . . . try . . .

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:10:31 am by EasyAce »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 07:55:39 am »

Thanks for posting wacky packs, brought back childhood memories collecting them. Gee, the gum inside was awful.  :tongue2:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 09:21:37 am »

LOL! That stuff cooks down until someone drinks it. Last cup? Take one for the team...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 10:09:30 am »
HERE IS A LIST OF THE PROVEN, ADMITTED, "FAKE NEWS" OUTLETS.

journalists-wiki-tw
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:27:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 02:42:52 pm »
Its value for me has been reconnecting with friends from high school and college. It is pretty worthless as a news source. I won't dare click on the "clickbait" stories with breathless, outlandish headlines from these phony news sites.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:32:00 pm »
Its value for me has been reconnecting with friends from high school and college. It is pretty worthless as a news source. I won't dare click on the "clickbait" stories with breathless, outlandish headlines from these phony news sites.

The headlines aren't half as bad on the clickbaits as their use of images that prove nothing to do
with the stories to which the links send you to---for example, I once clicked on a link to a story
about celebrity suicides . . . and the photograph accompanying the link was of Susan Boyle, the
British singer who made her out-of-left-field splash a few years ago. I thought, she committed
suicide? Turned out the story had items about celebrities who did commit suicide but Ms. Boyle
was emphatically not among them. (She is very much alive, if not exactly doing very well
these days . . .
)