Author Topic: House votes 419-1 to extend Iran sanctions [Obama fail]  (Read 850 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
House votes 419-1 to extend Iran sanctions [Obama fail]
« on: November 17, 2016, 02:00:25 am »
By Pete Kasperowicz    (@PeteKDCNews) 11/15/16 5:24 PM

The House voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to extend an Iran sanctions law for another 10 years, amid growing worries that the U.S. needs to keep some leverage over Iran as it pushes for that country to implement the nuclear agreement.
 Lawmakers voted 419-1 in favor of extending the Iran Sanctions Act, the foundation of a range of U.S. sanctions against Iran. The only vote against the bill came from Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky. The vote is a sign the bill should easily pass the Senate. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said passage shows that Congress is ready to take a tougher stance on Iran than that of President Obama. While Obama has moved to ease sanctions against Iran, Republicans and even some Democrats say the U.S. needs to impose tougher measures to ensure Iran's compliance.

(more)
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-votes-419-1-to-extend-iran-sanctions/article/2607479?custom_click=rss
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:01:24 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: House votes 419-1 to extend Iran sanctions [Obama fail]
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:09:01 am »
Good news indeed!  Not much but it is something!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: House votes 419-1 to extend Iran sanctions [Obama fail]
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:36 am »
Good news indeed!  Not much but it is something!

Obama fought hard for his masters in Teheran to lift the sanctions. But Congress decided to give Obama a huge middle finger. And it is about time. Obama has been giving America the middle finger from day one that he was elected.

Now he is getting one right back to him. Right in his face.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:13:54 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.