Author Topic: Boxer Floats Bill to Eliminate Electoral College; Reid Questions Legitimacy of Trump's Victory  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

I think I've made my point...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Hoodat

(CNSNews.com) - The bill has no chance of passing, but nevertheless, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), a supporter of Hillary Clinton, on Tuesday introduced legislation that would eliminate the constitutionally established Electoral College [1] and have future presidents elected by the direct, popular vote.

Even if this should happen to pass both houses of Congress by a two-thirds majority, there is no way possible that 38 states would forfeit their rights to elect the President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

Even if this should happen to pass both houses of Congress by a two-thirds majority, there is no way possible that 38 states would forfeit their rights to elect the President.

Boxer and Reid "passing" from the Senate is equivalent to "passing" impacted bowels from one's digestive system.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yeah sure, this is a great idea. Let's have all Presidents chosen by New York, Chicago, and California. You don't need any other input than that anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah sure, this is a great idea. Let's have all Presidents chosen by New York, Chicago, and California. You don't need any other input than that anyway.

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Oh, come now.  That's ridiculous. 

Oh really?

If Boxer floated a bill to eliminate the Second Amendment - what do you call that after she and the rest of the 535 despots who run the Legislature took an oath to uphold that which they have decided no longer to uphold, but abolish???

I call it treason.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline r9etb

Oh really?

If Boxer floated a bill to eliminate the Second Amendment - what do you call that after she and the rest of the 535 despots who run the Legislature took an oath to uphold that which they have decided no longer to uphold, but abolish???

I call it treason.

Whatever. 

Offline musiclady

Conveniently forgotten by Trump supporters.

Bet ol' Donal LOVES the EC now.

Such is the way of malleable ethics......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He better learn to love it...otherwise he'd have lost by around a million votes and the Trump fans would be grumbling along with you and me about President-elect Clinton.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Hoodat

Gee, Donald Trump takes the Democrat position.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

He better learn to love it...otherwise he'd have lost by around a million votes and the Trump fans would be grumbling along with you and me about President-elect Clinton.

Indeed.  But if we grumbled with them, would they still accuse us of supporting Hillary?

(Rhetorical question.  They will ALWAYS accuse us of the BIG LIE).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Night Hides Not

That's a sure-fire lifetime ban on TOS!   :thumbsup3:

Offline Night Hides Not

When did Trump fans quit grumbling?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Please, stop insulting me.  Thanks.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I believe that Trump has been consistent in his opposition to the EC, including following his victory.  The fact that he benefitted from a procedure he's apparently never liked doesn't strike me as an ethical lapse.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

I believe that Trump has been consistent in his opposition to the EC, including following his victory.  The fact that he benefitted from a procedure he's apparently never liked doesn't strike me as an ethical lapse.

You're right.  We don't know that Trump now accepts as legitimate the thing that helped him WIN.

But his lack of integrity in other things makes that a fair assumption.

That's the problem with electing a person who is absent character.  He can't be trusted with things large or small.