Author Topic: Donald Trump transition team in disarray after key adviser 'purged'  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
Re: Donald Trump transition team in disarray after key adviser 'purged'
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 03:05:07 am »
who would not EXPECT chaos to occur in the camp of the man with the Narcissistic Personality Disorder!

he thrives on dissension and chaos and the ADORATION of those around him!!

When they don't ADORE him he FIRES THEM!!    thats the  key phrase here  he FIRES THEM!!!

this is his life story and why he's been married three times!! to put it charitably .....he doesnt NEGOTIATE terribly well.

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 04:57:26 pm »
According to FOXNEWS all week, Trump was purging all things Christie.  He supposedly brought in all his loyal team members to be on the Trump team.  The story that has been put out by FOX that this made both Pence and Trump nervous; thus out with all things Christie other than Christie himself that they merely demoted.

Truth?  I have no idea, but it appears to be so as Christie people are now all gone.

Trump is smarter than I realized. Christie is probably headed for prison IMO.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »
who would not EXPECT chaos to occur in the camp of the man with the Narcissistic Personality Disorder!

he thrives on dissension and chaos and the ADORATION of those around him!!

When they don't ADORE him he FIRES THEM!!    thats the  key phrase here  he FIRES THEM!!!

this is his life story and why he's been married three times!! to put it charitably .....he doesnt NEGOTIATE terribly well.

You don't think there might be a little bit to the idea that a media that doesn't like him is exaggerating issues?  I mean, I don't recall that there was ever this level of detailed coverage regarding filling out a cabinet, for any other candidate.  All people ever cared about/reported was who was eventually chosen for each position, not the entire process that went into it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 05:12:04 pm »
Some folks have warned everyone that Trump is going to act as a CEO/Sole Proprietor, because that is all he knows.

Being surrounded by Yes Men, refusing to be checked by Congress or the Courts will be par for the course - because CEOs are not restrained by such things in the private sector.

Those of us who understand history will recognize this as a dictatorship as opposed to an Administrator of the Executive.

So we will likely look back, and discover just how appropriate the term 'Stalinist' may apply to a Trump regime.

But hey - everyone wanted him because he was a "successful businessman".

This is Deja Vu all over again for me.  Being originally from Chicago - we knew who and what Obama was based on his tenure as Sh*t-stirrer in the Southside (what we call 'community organizers in town), but no one would listen to our warnings about him in 2007 and 2008 either.

Looks like more of the same to come, and like the Obama worshippers, Trump's acolytes will never accept any criticism of their prince - no matter what he does.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 06:18:20 pm »
Some folks have warned everyone that Trump is going to act as a CEO/Sole Proprietor, because that is all he knows.

Being surrounded by Yes Men, refusing to be checked by Congress or the Courts will be par for the course - because CEOs are not restrained by such things in the private sector.

:thumbsup2:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »

His ignorance of the powers of the other branches, and what they can do to thwart him, will not prevent them from limiting his actions.  His understanding does not define those limits, and he'll find out pretty quickly that he is not omnipotent.

The actual impacy of his ignorance likely will be some unexpended stumbles out of the gate.  That is, unless he listens to advice from guys like Gingrich who, whatever his flaws, understands separation of powers.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Trump Says Transition’s Going ‘Smoothly,’ Disputing Disarray Reports
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 06:43:02 pm »
Trump Says Transition’s Going ‘Smoothly,’ Disputing Disarray Reports

Michael D. Shear
The New York Times
November 16, 2016

President-elect Donald J. Trump denied Wednesday morning that his transition is in disarray, assailing news media reports about firings and infighting and insisting in an early-morning Twitter burst that everything is going “so smoothly.”

But legal and procedural delays by Mr. Trump’s transition team continued on Wednesday, all but freezing the traditional handoff of critical information from the current administration more than a week after Mr. Trump won the presidential election.

The president-elect criticized a report in The New York Times about his early telephone contacts with foreign leaders. In a post on Twitter, he said he had made and received “calls from many foreign leaders despite what the failing @nytimes said. Russia, U.K., China, Saudi Arabia, Japan.”

In fact, The Times reported that Mr. Trump had taken calls from the leaders of Egypt, Israel, Russia and Britain, but said they had been conducted haphazardly and without State Department briefings that traditionally guide conversations with foreign leaders.
More

Trump attacks 'fools' at The New York Times

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 06:46:17 pm »
Arnn from Hillsdale floated for dept of education

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 06:46:57 pm »
His ignorance of the powers of the other branches, and what they can do to thwart him, will not prevent them from limiting his actions.  His understanding does not define those limits, and he'll find out pretty quickly that he is not omnipotent.

The actual impacy of his ignorance likely will be some unexpended stumbles out of the gate.  That is, unless he listens to advice from guys like Gingrich who, whatever his flaws, understands separation of powers.

I really hope this doesn't end in a Nixonian disaster for the GOP.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »

The moment he is blocked, you watch him incite the masses in rage as he publicly assaults each and every person whom he blames for standing in his way.

It's what he did during the entire campaign.

I expect he will do likewise in a perverted version of Reagan, 'going before the people to make his case'.

I do not expect the Democrats into cave to him at all - but the GOP - they will fall in line like the lemmings they are, no matter what Trump wants to do.

It's going to be bizarre to watch domestic enemy Democrats be the only bulwark against a man who probably thinks he can run the country like one of his private businesses.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 07:06:06 pm »

I really hope this doesn't end in a Nixonian disaster for the GOP.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »
Just a reminder .... here's the schedule of "The Won's" appointments in 2008:

11/24- Treasury
12/1-   SoS
12/1-   Defense
12/1-   Attorney General
12/1-   Homeland Security
12/3-   Commerce
12/7-   VA Affairs
12/11- HHS
12/13- HUD
12/15- Energy
12/16- Education
12/17- Agriculture & Int.
12/19- Transportation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2016, 08:32:30 pm »
I'm gonna mark this for the next time you sing the praises of Orange Wonderful using unnamed sources from a website or news source you bash when the news isn't favorable.

I think he's right on this one.  It's been a week - do we expect the pres-elect to have a fully formed team yet?  That's not how it has worked in the past.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
I think he's right on this one.  It's been a week - do we expect the pres-elect to have a fully formed team yet?  That's not how it has worked in the past.

No he's not...and I've said elsewhere that he should hold these picks as close to the vest as he can for as long as he can to prevent the Media and the Dems from being able to systematically dissect each and every cabinet pick.

My issue was with the knee jerk dismissal of the story in the OP because it didn't speak glowingly of Trump.

His fans have no problem with one source or anonymously sourced articles from places like Politico when it favors their guy.  They only disparage that stuff when the source is critical of Donny.

That's why I made my bookmark comment.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:47:24 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 08:36:55 pm »
Since when is trimming your staff to fit the new needs being "in disarray"?

Frankly,I'm glad he dumped Christy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »
Wish I had a dollar for every time the press claimed Trump's organization was in disarray.

@Gov Bean Counter

Seems to me it wasn't long ago they were all claiming his campaign was in such disarray that he had no hope of winning the election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 10:23:58 pm »

@Gov Bean Counter

Seems to me it wasn't long ago they were all claiming his campaign was in such disarray that he had no hope of winning the election.

... and there's that.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 10:27:39 pm »
Rogers came to the transition team as a member of Christie's team when Christie was heading up the transition.

That the services of Rogers are no longer required now that Christie's been demoted is not surprising or shocking.  Nor should it be the news that throws anyone into the depths of anger or cause others to rise up pointing fingers with a great "Aha, SEE!!".

This is part of the natural course of management changes.  Nothing more, nothing less.  :shrug:

Didn't I just read in this thread that Rogers is/was a lobbyist?

If that's the case, then Donald Trump is keeping that promise to "drain the swamp".

...no sense in painting a 'real' target on you.   The Leftstream Media would have a ball with that.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 10:34:14 pm »

If that's the case, then Donald Trump is keeping that promise to "drain the swamp".

...no sense in painting a 'real' target on you.   The Leftstream Media would have a ball with that.

Pence has/is removing all lobbyists from the transition team.  Christie, when heading the transition effort, was doing so in the "New Jersey Way"---stacking the deck with lobbyists.

That didn't go over well with Trump--hence the replacement with Pence and the banishment of all lobbyists.   ^-^

@DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 10:35:54 pm »
Pence has/is removing all lobbyists from the transition team.  Christie, when heading the transition effort, was doing so in the "New Jersey Way"---stacking the deck with lobbyists.

That didn't go over well with Trump--hence the replacement with Pence and the banishment of all lobbyists.   ^-^

@DCPatriot

Thanks for the clarification!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 10:41:26 pm »
Am I correct that you agree the words "disarray" and "purged" from the title of the thread are  :bs:?  If so, this is very good news. @txradioguy   

If you can refrain from referring to Trump support as Trump worship and the President-elect as Orange Wonderful....this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.   ^-^

Yea ball definitely in the Trump supporter court there. The forum and it's members are owed an apology for all the lies about Hillary support. We'd settle for an end to it and moving on though.

Talk to your cohorts. Make it happen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »

A lobbyist and the former Chair of the House Intelligence Committee that came up with that white was of a report on Benghazi that Cleared her highness!

I personally hope I never hear his name again in connection with any part of government!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:43:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 10:46:30 pm »

Gingrich said about one hour ago, on Hannity's radio show,

"Those that know, are not saying, those that are saying, don't know."

(regarding Trump's potential appointments.)

Apparently memories are short. Did we not witness masterful use of the media, during the primary season? The general season?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 10:48:51 pm »
Gingrich said about one hour ago, on Hannity's radio show,

"Those that know, are not saying, those that are saying, don't know."

(regarding Trump's potential appointments.)

He's right! I'm in wait and see mode myself!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien