Author Topic: Michele Bachmann on Trump victory: ‘God did this’  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Michele Bachmann on Trump victory: ‘God did this’
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 09:17:08 pm »
And yet, that is precisely what we are being told we must do, or we are called "Pharisees."

There is no doubt in my mind as to the source of that Lie.

You'll probably notice that those who do only pull the God card out when it is suitful of their purpose. I would note someone we all know whose avatars and post graphics were rather 'holy' at only certain times. And no they arent.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 09:19:29 pm »
Perhaps the Lord permitted it to happen.  Not the same as causing.   :shrug:
Really, so I guess she said that it was God's doing when Obama was elected also. I don't believe that God is quite so fickle, while I absolutely believe that man is.

Wingnut

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 09:29:39 pm »
Always. Wears God on her sleeve with pride. It cost her her election and she learned nothing from it.

I just figured she was another nutjob from MN. Cut from the Jesse Ven Franklin mold of fruitloops.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 09:45:49 pm »
I just figured she was another nutjob from MN. Cut from the Jesse Ven Franklin mold of fruitloops.

I think it's interesting that some people look at a candidate who bailed rather than lose as a prophet of God solely because she backed their candidate. If any of us ran around saying we knew the mind of God, we'd be called fruitcakes by those same people because we did not back their choice. I guess ones 'holiness' and one's honesty is in direct proportion with popular opinion.

'Murica. F' yea!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 09:50:08 pm »
You'll probably notice that those who do only pull the God card out when it is suitful of their purpose. I would note someone we all know whose avatars and post graphics were rather 'holy' at only certain times. And no they arent.

Must be someone I have on Ignore.  :dx1:

I do notice that the guy who threw out the inane and tired old "You're a Pharisee" attack, cut and ran rather than defend his 'theological' position that those of us who call sin what it is must be evil.

Guess the New England snowstorm knows he didn't have even an iceberg to stand on with that silly post.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »
What I find interesting, and a tool of the Adversary, is that anytime someone points out sin, they are almost automatically accused of being a Pharisee and Sadducee, without any understanding of what they were and why Jesus excoriated them to begin with.

We see this with self-identifying Christians who embrace homosexual marriage and accuse those who still call those behaviors sin, to be Pharisees and Sadducees.

Because in this perverted culture - the only sins that exist are those who call evil what it is, and those who refuse to bow down to the government and culture.
Very good post thank you.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »
Our local congressman was damned with the phrase...........tea party values.   He supported paying for spending, traditional marriage and no transgenders using the girls bathroom.
The local rag, The Record endorsed a former Clinton speech writer.  The dem won.   NJ is blue, solid blue, thanks to CC.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 09:56:53 pm »
Very good post thank you.

Ummmm.............. but YOU are the one who made the ludicrous accusation just because I didn't excuse Donald Trump's unconfessed, and bragged about sin that resulted in that wise post by @INVAR .

Confused much??   :shrug:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:57:19 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »
Christians speak like this, Fundamentalists speak this way, and someone like Bachmann is among his biggest supporters and advisers.

Though I find mainly left-wing sources pointing this out, how about

Kenneth Copeland saying Ted Cruz:  ‘Called and Anointed to Be the Next President’
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2016/02/09/copeland-cruz-called-and-anointed-to-be-the-next-president/

I'm sure some would see Romney this way.

Heck, I've heard people in every day life saying "So and so was sent from Heaven".... for some reason.

It's not a big deal; and again, I'm not wired for sound, I can listen to the video but, as in other stories like the CBN story, if Bachmann said "The Lord did this", it's no big thing. "God did this" sounds a bit more assertive but largely means the same.

Beck and Cruz's father used very flattering terms as well.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 10:05:19 pm »
This is no different that any ambulance-chasing 'journo', running down Tim Tebow....for a chance for her to say something religious.

....SO THEY CAN BE MOCKED!!!

A ten year old could have pulled this off.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2016, 10:06:28 pm »
She is a looker
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2016, 10:14:34 pm »
She's a true believer; so, no matter what she says, she stands by it.

She has gotten so much negative press, maybe she doesn't even read what is said about her.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2016, 11:44:01 pm »
I prayed that God would spare the USA from the corrupt lying Hitlery.

Me too.  And I will pray for Donald Trump.

Franklin Graham said the same things as Bachman.  I think there is a real danger in saying God did this.  What are they going to say if he turns out to be a total secular atheistic president?  Already we know that Trump wasn't a moral man.  Cruz was right.  The Trumps have New York values.  I hope that he does accept the Lord as Savior and that he leads this nation drawing on the Wisdom of the Lord.

When you say God did this you are placing very high expectations on Trump.  I hope he will live up to that.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2016, 12:08:58 am »
Me too.  And I will pray for Donald Trump.

Franklin Graham said the same things as Bachman.  I think there is a real danger in saying God did this.  What are they going to say if he turns out to be a total secular atheistic president?  Already we know that Trump wasn't a moral man.  Cruz was right.  The Trumps have New York values.  I hope that he does accept the Lord as Savior and that he leads this nation drawing on the Wisdom of the Lord.

When you say God did this you are placing very high expectations on Trump.  I hope he will live up to that.

I was very disappointed in Franklin Graham toward the end.  He was doing fine in stressing voting your conscience, but then when he went full out Trump at the end, disregarding Trump's amorality, he went too far.

Presuming that this election was God's design and not his allowing sinful humanity to get their sinful way, is dangerous, IMO.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2016, 12:25:19 am »
There was a recent article that DT donated a few hundred thousand dollars to Graham's charity.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2016, 12:33:40 am »
There was a recent article that DT donated a few hundred thousand dollars to Graham's charity.

The organization named for his father, the Billy Graham Evangelical Association, got a $100,000 check a year later in 2012, while Samaritan's Purse, a Christian relief group, got $25,000 the same year, and $10,000 the next year.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-s-foundation-wrote-many-checks-path-nomination-n659811
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2016, 12:49:03 am »

Money buys loyalty and often eliminates principles.

Christians have a long history of falling for that temptation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2016, 01:00:10 am »
I was very disappointed in Franklin Graham toward the end.  He was doing fine in stressing voting your conscience, but then when he went full out Trump at the end, disregarding Trump's amorality, he went too far.

Presuming that this election was God's design and not his allowing sinful humanity to get their sinful way, is dangerous, IMO.

I don't understand it but I am glad Hillary isn't President.  I worry that Trump will not be able to live up to the expectations of Christians.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2016, 01:26:18 am »
Anyone ever think that what Bachmann was indicating isn't a good thing?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2016, 01:50:09 am »
Anyone ever think that what Bachmann was indicating isn't a good thing?

Plenty of bad things happen because God doesn't interfere.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2016, 02:09:21 am »
Michele Bachmann on Trump victory: ‘God did this’
This is just one more thing He is going to have to answer for when we meet face to face.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2016, 02:21:54 am »
Plenty of bad things happen because God doesn't interfere.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »
Sin is sin in the eyes of GOD . Trump has his and you have yours . No difference .

It occurred to me after you wrote this post, @Blizzardnh that you were shamelessly trolling in order to entrap me (I should have seen it yesterday when you did it).

I posted my thoughts, legitimate and well considered..... all about Donald Trump, and the spiritual condition of America......nothing personal.

You brought me into it personally in order to bait me, because you knew the answer to your own baiting.  That Trump had verbally claimed not to ask forgiveness for sin.

So when I stated a response to your baiting (silly me.  I know you're a troll), you brought the axe down over my neck with your absolutely false and insane comparison of me.... a self-admitted, forgiven sinner, cleansed by the blood of the RESURRECTED Christ with not only a sinful Pharisee, but also a Sadducee, who does not even have the basic belief in Resurrection, let alone the Resurrection of my Savior, Jesus Christ.

What you did was shameful, and shameless, and shame on ME for falling into your trap of deceit.

The question is........ why are you still trolling and setting traps for non-Trump voters on this forum after you supposedly WON the election??
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:39:55 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »
Hold on now... In the technical aspect, it is well within Christian thought to declare this election within the Father's will - It obviously is. He says he raises up kings and tears down nations. To say, "God did this," is perfectly legit, whether directly by his hand, or allowed... That it has come to pass means it is within His will.

It is the assignation of salvatory motive that should rightly be called out - Singing 'Onward Christian Soldiers' with this lecherous gasbag dressed as Moses at the front is so ridiculous as to be nearly comical, if it wasn't so insipid and uninspired...

As to revival... pray hard.

I have already stated that it is clearly within God's permissive will that Trump was elected.  I believe in God's Sovereignty.

What I object to in Bachmann and others, is the correlation of their political wishes with something spiritual........ especially if it brings them financial gain, or position.

She is in a dangerous position to say that "God did this" as though God actually condones an immoral reprobate cheater's behavior.  I fully believe that God allowed this, but that the entire election, with two vile candidates is an example of God's allowing us to continue in our moral degradation.

Thus, the need for revival.  If we don't look to God for guidance, and beg for mercy for our sinful behavior as a nation, we will never recover.

I somehow doubt we will learn the lesson we're supposed to learn from this debacle of an election.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2016, 08:40:39 pm »

She is a nutjob.  Remember when she accused Rick Perry of causing the mental retardation of a young girl because of his Gardasil requirement?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/michele-bachmanns-hpv-vaccine-safety-retardation-comments-misleading/story?id=14516625
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.