Author Topic: Trump Campaign Does Not Rule Out Special Prosecutor For Hillary Clinton - "All In Good Time"  (Read 7018 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

I dunno, WTF.  Did you listen to her concession speech?  Didn't sound like she was planning on going away.

There is a comparison to be made between some people and a boiling pot full of crabs. When one tries to escape the rest drag it back down to it's death with them. Thats exactly what some here are doing. Rather than holding Clinton accountable to the rule of law, they want to drag America back into the pot of Clintonian politics we just escaped from.

Because they feel bad.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Interesting first in American history.

If Hillary is pardoned by either President, then the Clinton legacy becomes a pardoned wife married to an impeached husband. Jeez, it doesn't get much worse than that for a family crest.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Interesting first in American history.

If Hillary is pardoned by either President, then the Clinton legacy becomes a pardoned wife married to an impeached husband. Jeez, it doesn't get much worse than that for a family crest.
Thats true, and probably the best we will ever get, but it also means that people found enough excuses justifying their cowardace to allow them to get away with their crimes without ever paying for them.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Revenge?  How about JUSTICE?

So basically you think that anyone that desires to be a criminal should become a pol because it is a ticket to rape, pillage, and plunder without a chance of consequence.  Got it.

I think @Unlimited has it right, and I think @Jazzhead is confusing revenge for justice.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I think the President doesn't appoint special prosecutors. Congress does. That is the law of the land.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Norm Lenhart

I think the President doesn't appoint special prosecutors. Congress does. That is the law of the land.

Please don't let such minor details get in the way of people protecting a murdering criminal from justice EC...It's unseemly ;)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I gotta say -  Trump's biggest problem may be the pettiness and assholery of his supporters.  Congratuations. 

The people up-thread that you are opposing, are nevertrumpers, not Trump supporters.

Just to set the record straight.

Having clarified that, I agree with your position. Trump the President should stay above and outside this case.

I doubt Hillary or Bill will be going to prison. But they might get tied up testifying in countless state cases, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

The people up-thread that you are opposing, are nevertrumpers, not Trump supporters.

Just to set the record straight.

Having clarified that, I agree with your position. Trump the President should stay above and outside this case.

I doubt Hillary or Bill will be going to prison. But they might get tied up testifying in countless state cases, etc.

Not exactly sure what being a nevertrumper has to do with the rule of law, Trump enforcing it, or anything at all to do with this discussion. Perhaps you could clarify that a bit more.

He's the President elect, he will be president and he has a sworn oath to uphold the law. Is that not what we all want?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Even if not pardoned, she stands as an example of shameless political ambition.

Drain the swamp.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's the President elect, he will be president and he has a sworn oath to uphold the law. Is that not what we all want?

It is, my friend. Which is why his campaign would be wise to recall that the most powerful man in the world should be seen to uphold the law - including not arrogating to himself the tasks legally belonging to Congress.

That is my objection to this. His people are suggesting a dictator move.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Norm Lenhart

It is, my friend. Which is why his campaign would be wise to recall that the most powerful man in the world should be seen to uphold the law - including not arrogating to himself the tasks legally belonging to Congress.

That is my objection to this. His people are suggesting a dictator move.
Thats the thing though. his people can suggest whatever they like, but ultimately the law constrains all of them if in fact they believe in the constitution. If WE all believe in the constitution.

What it looks like to me is that some are mirroring the exact actions of Obama and his supporters trying to make 'pick and choose' the basis for Trump's presidency before he is even inaugurated. There is no other way to interpet the posts on this board calling for hillary's complicit actions in Bhenghazi or her Foundation activities to be ignored so Trump does not have to make the decision or bear the fallout from it.

There is no legal justification they can offer to not investigate clinton fully, nor prosecute her if the evidence is there. We already have that evidence and many of us have posted it, to say nothing of what could yet be uncovered.

Either way, Trump's agenda has no bearing on law in this instance. Trump himself may have called for her to be jailed, but even I can accept that when the rubber hits the road, he will admit that that follows legal prosecution and not simply a unilateral action on his part.

Unfortunately some obviously do not care about law, just agenda. It is wholly wrong to put agendas ahead of the rule of law regardless of whose. These very same people screamed bloody murder for 8 years that Barack H. Obama put his agenda before the rule of law, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, they make emotion based arguements as to why 'the agenda' must not be compromised 'no matter what'.

Thats not how it works in the real world regardless of how two faced their thoughts on the matter are.

Wingnut

Wow.  Speaking of classless...

There is something wrong with that boy.  The NT's are living rent free in his head and building tiny houses in the out lots.

Offline Norm Lenhart

There is something wrong with that boy.  The NT's are living rent free in his head and building tiny houses in the out lots.

Like a few of us said before the election. Winning isn't good enough for the fanatics. Thats why fanatics are a danger to themselves and all around them.

All of nevertrump may be unhappy with how things worked out and conservatism once again losing, but we have accepted that Trump is the President to be. That makes them madder because now they can't blame us for continuing to oppose him.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Revenge?  How about JUSTICE?

So basically you think that anyone that desires to be a criminal should become a pol because it is a ticket to rape, pillage, and plunder without a chance of consequence.  Got it.

"Without a chance of consequence"?   Her corruption led directly to her defeat.  She'll never be President.  Her career of public service is likely over.   

Look, it's not that I desire to see her escape "justice".  It's just that political vendettas have costs and consequences.   Trump's the new President of a deeply divided nation,  and his new responsibilities take precedence.   The GOP has a hell of an opportunity in front of it,  to reverse eight years of destructive policies that have stifled economic growth, made our nation less safe and, last but not least,  poisoned the culture.   Trump set a note of reconciliation in his acceptance speech, and praised Clinton for her service.   That's not pandering, that's smart politics, by a man who woke up with the weight of the world on his shoulders (a weight, I'd wager, he hardly expected). 

Sure, it's easy to indulge the victor's thirst for revenge,  but isn't the best revenge to reverse Dem policies, not jail vanquished Dem politicians?    Appointing a special prosecutor to go after Clinton doesn't do a damn thing to advance a conservative agenda,  it merely creates new enemies and tensions that aren't needed at this time. 

Trump will need all the help and allies he can get.  The stock market rose yesterday,  in my view because the twin triumphs of Trump and the GOP Congress are portents that partisan gridlock just might be able to be replaced by attention paid to the peoples' business.   I'm all for that, and against any distractions that will needlessly rekindle partisan wars.

Clinton has been relegated to the dustbin.   Leave her there, and resist the temptation to make her a martyr for all those who want to make Trump's, and the GOP's, life miserable.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:52:28 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

"Without a chance of consequence"?   Her corruption led directly to her defeat.  She'll never be President.  Her career of public service is likely over.   

Look, it's not that I desire to see her escape "justice".  It's just that political vendettas have costs and consequences.   Trump's the new President of a deeply divided nation,  and his new responsibilities take precedence.   The GOP has a hell of an opportunity in front of it,  to reverse eight years of destructive policies that have stifled economic growth, made our nation less safe and, last but least,  poisoned the culture.   Trump set a note of reconciliation in his acceptance speech, and praised Clinton for her service.   That's not pandering, that's smart politics, by a man who woke up with the weight of the world on his shoulders (a weight, I'd wager, he hardly expected). 

Sure, it's easy to indulge the victor's thirst for revenge,  but isn't the best revenge to reverse Dem policies, not jail vanquished Dem politicians?    Appointing a special prosecutor to go after Clinton doesn't do a damn thing to advance a conservative agenda,  it merely creates new enemies and tensions that aren't needed at this time. 

Trump will need all the help and allies he can get.  The stock market rose yesterday,  in my view because the twin triumphs of Trump and the GOP Congress are portents that partisan gridlock just might be able to be replaced by attention paid to the peoples' business.   I'm all for that, and against any distractions that will needlessly rekindle partisan wars.

Clinton has been relegated to the dustbin.   Leave her there, and resist the temptation to make her a martyr for all those who want to make Trump's, and the GOP's, life miserable.

Peoples comfort isn't a concern. Emotion is not the way the legal system, nor the constitution work. It is in fact dangerous to let emotion rule justice. Thats why by definition, justice must be blind.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Peoples comfort isn't a concern. Emotion is not the way the legal system, nor the constitution work. It is in fact dangerous to let emotion rule justice. Thats why by definition, justice must be blind.

But the pursuit of justice isn't compelled to be stupid.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:07:18 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Norm Lenhart

But the pursuit of justice isn't compelled to be stupid.

I don't know why you feel saying 'stupid' over and over is making your case. We arent a group of teenaged girls catting it up over the hot teacher.

Wingnut

Like a few of us said before the election. Winning isn't good enough for the fanatics. Thats why fanatics are a danger to themselves and all around them.

All of nevertrump may be unhappy with how things worked out and conservatism once again losing, but we have accepted that Trump is the President to be. That makes them madder because now they can't blame us for continuing to oppose him.

That is true.  Best as I can tell everyone except Sinkspur has moved on to.. if not supporting trump to atleast giving him honeymoon time to be a worthy President. 

Online Lando Lincoln

The Clinton Foundation is a massive, massive criminal enterprise.  The pay-for-play angle has suddenly ended.  Dive in with the best investigators we have and let the evidence come out to the American public.  This needs to be done.  Lift the curtain on the corruption of our leaders.  Then, seize and freeze assets.  Let the criminal charges go where the evidence says they must. 

As I think about it, I really see no other way.

Then... there is the emails, State Department malfeasance. 

Yeah, we need to lift the curtain.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

That is true.  Best as I can tell everyone except Sinkspur has moved on to.. if not supporting trump to atleast giving him honeymoon time to be a worthy President.

If the fanatics wanna keep at it, thats their call I guess. Were either stuck with or blessed with 4 years and it isn't going to change. If the nutcases want to be nutcases I guess that won't change either.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I don't know why you feel saying 'stupid' over and over is making your case. We arent a group of teenaged girls catting it up over the hot teacher.

I've explained my position at length; see, e.g., my post #94.  You fail to see the forest for the trees.  Trump's the President now.  Give him a fair shot at governing.  Don't burden him to follow through with your revenge obsessions. 

And, as I have already noted, I have no objection to the FBI continuing its investigations.  But appointment of a special prosecutor to go after a vanquished political foe?   I'll say it again because it ain't getting through your noggin - that's just stupid.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:23:19 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Norm Lenhart

I've explained my position at length; see, e.g., my post #94.  You fail to see the forest for the trees.  Trump's the President now.  Give him a fair shot at governing.  Don't burden him to follow through with your revenge obsessions. 

And, as I have already noted, I have no objection to the FBI continuing its investigations.  But appointment of a special prosecutor to go after a vanquished political foe?   I'll say it again because it ain't getting through your noggin - that's just stupid.   

Say it as much as you like. Tell me how he appoints a special pro. Your whole premise is mistaken. "HE" isn't going after anyone. The justice system is. All HE has to do is NOT do what Obama did and stop them.

Good Lord THINK.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Reality:
hillary clinton (you'll notice I never capitalize names I disrespect) isn't going to be prosecuted, nor is husband bill.

I'm predicting that obama will issue a pardon for her, covering from January 1993 to the present (probably January 19). This pardon will be granted on or about January 19, 2017.
He has the absolute power to do this (as granted to presidents by the Constitution and upheld by the courts). Once done, it will not be challengeable in the courts.

And that will be the end of it.

I'll also predict that the clinton foundation will quietly be shut down -- as a pardon will not cover "future offenses". Not that the clintons want to do this, but they know the jig is up for them. They'll just have to struggle along on the millions they already have...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:05:11 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
I admit that I haven't read the majority of this thread ... but I, for one, would be very happy never to hear the name "CLINTON" again! To ignore the fact that she ever existed would be torment for her.  It would be the worst kind of punishment and it would make me extremely happy!
 888high58888

Silver Pines

Clinton is responsible for the death of Americans.  If anyone ever deserved prosecution, it's her.  Trump said he'd put her in jail; let him do it.