Author Topic: Trump Campaign Does Not Rule Out Special Prosecutor For Hillary Clinton - "All In Good Time"  (Read 7004 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/trump-campaign-does-not-rule-out-special-prosecutor-hillary-clinton

In an appearance on MSNBC, Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway was pressed by Joe Scarborough on whether Trump would follow-up on his threats to appoint a special prosecutor to review Hillary's private email server investigation.  While Conway didn't confirm that a special prosecutor is forthcoming she was also very careful not to rule it out.

“He had a very gracious, very warm conversation with Secretary Clinton,” Conway said of the concession conversation. “It lasted about a minute.”

The panel wanted to know more about how Trump plans to proceed with Clinton, however. During the debates, Trump said that Clinton should be jailed, and his crowds regularly chant “lock her up” at his rallies. When asked if Trump intends to appoint a special prosecutor for Clinton, Conway wasn’t sure.

“We did not discuss that last night since his victory and he didn’t address it with Mrs. Clinton on the phone,” she said.

Joe Scarborough remarked that Trump said that he would on the national debate stage. But Conway deflected.

“I would need to discuss that with him,” she explained. “I think you heard his own words last night to the extent that one man can as president and Vice President [Mike] Pence, who is phenomenal, they’re looking to unify the country. We haven’t discussed that in recent days. I think that it’s all in good time. We also — I think that Donald Trump proved too that even amidst a corrupt and rigged system where people are forgotten and don’t feel like they can get a fair shot, they can rise up on Election Day and express their voice.”

And, of course, here is Trump's opinion on the situation:

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO...

Offline libertybele

They need to wait till Obama is out of office.  She has not been charged with any crime right now, so he cannot pardon her before he leaves.  Once he leaves office, they can charge her and hopefully, finally, she will be brought to justice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

They need to wait till Obama is out of office.  She has not been charged with any crime right now, so he cannot pardon her before he leaves.  Once he leaves office, they can charge her and hopefully, finally, she will be brought to justice.

James Comey simply declined to prosecute Hillary for the email issue.

There is another investigation going on and this relates to the pay-for-play Clinton Foundation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
libertybele wrote (regarding o'er-the-hillary):
"She has not been charged with any crime right now, so he cannot pardon her before he leaves."

Huh?
Don't you remember a name, "Richard Nixon"?
Of what crimes had he been charged, at the time Gerald Ford pardoned him in 1974?

Not much talk of this at the moment, but I sense there will be much more as January 20 approaches:
Will obama pardon hillary?

Frankly, I don't care.
Just as long as she goes away, once and for all...

Wingnut

I care.  I'm going to be very disappointed if Trump pulls a GW and lets the Clintons walk away scott free a second time.  I'm a "Rule of Law" kinda gal.
This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate. If there was any justice,  Hillary's neck would be stretched.  As it is, doing such would be bad for party optics.  A nice stay in a Federal "Pound Me in The Ass" Prison is probably out of the question too.  :(

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I care.  I'm going to be very disappointed if Trump pulls a GW and lets the Clintons walk away scott free a second time.  I'm a "Rule of Law" kinda gal.

I'm very disappointed at your use of the phrase "pulls a GW"  You need not worry.  Trump could never have as much class as GW if he went to charm school for 30 years.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

God Bless you. I am a rule of law kind of guy.

We aren't talking about minor infractions of the law with hillary clinton. She and bubba made hundreds of millions of dollars with a phony charity while she was Secretary of State. She set up an illegal separate email server so she could avoid FOI requests and could do foundation business with out anyone knowing what was going on. She sold access and used federal monies and contracts to reward those who enriched her. Make obama pardon her to protect himself, don't cut this type of behavior any slack.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I'm very disappointed at your use of the phrase "pulls a GW"  You need not worry.  Trump could never have as much class as GW if he went to charm school for 30 years.

You're right Trump is classless, but hillary and bubba do not deserve a free pass.

Part of the reason the "elites" have been able to manipulate rules, regulations, tax benefits, and special consideration is because in the end they enrich people in power. Somehow this has to be stopped, or at very least slowed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

If it happens it would be the very first time anyone has seriously looked into the Clintons ever. There is no end to what they may dig up, even dozens of crimes we don't even know about yet. Who knows what a serious investigation may find.

I have little doubt that her 'foundation', as it is called, will be taken over by the government, audited, and eventually shut down. I'm sure her dozens of foreign interests who funded it with ten of millions in donations are furious today. Some may demand their money back, if that is possible.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

Frankly I expect Trump to pardon her if any charges are brought - which is a thin chance to begin with. "For the good of the country" and all...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
She will never be brought to justice in the legal sense. I'm making do with the thought that the one thing she desperately wanted most in all the universe was snatched from her at the very last second. It works for me. I'm malicious.

If she gets indicted and tried, she'll be pardoned by Trump.

NOT because they are friends.
NOT because he's a New York Liberal.

Because, as we are frequently reminded - he is a businessman. If he pardons her, he owns her outright. Body and whatever is left of her soul. And that, my friends, is power.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
She's going to walk.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
She will never be brought to justice in the legal sense. I'm making do with the thought that the one thing she desperately wanted most in all the universe was snatched from her at the very last second. It works for me. I'm malicious.

If she gets indicted and tried, she'll be pardoned by Trump.

NOT because they are friends.
NOT because he's a New York Liberal.

Because, as we are frequently reminded - he is a businessman. If he pardons her, he owns her outright. Body and whatever is left of her soul. And that, my friends, is power.

I'm liking the way you think, @EC !

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

She's going to walk.

Yes, under the guise that the Nation should not suffer the trauma.  We must not lift the curtain on the seedy, monumentally corrupt.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cripplecreek

Yes, under the guise that the Nation should not suffer the trauma.  We must not lift the curtain on the seedy, monumentally corrupt.

The only one I believe would really go after Clinton was Ted Cruz. He used very precise language without hyperbole and said that he would direct the justice department to get a fresh start and investigate and pursue to the fullest extent of the law. Most important to me was the fact that he said the investigation would pursue the facts where ever they lead without regard for politics or parties. (Yes there are guilty parties on the right)

Offline jpsb

Persecuting your political opponent sets a very bad precedent. Serious thinking needs to be done before taking that step. I think let the FBI to it thing, then decide. Public humiliation is punishment too, might not be necessary to prosecute.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Clinton's electoral defeat represents justice.   I'd counsel Trump to drop any attempt to prosecute her legally, in the spirit of reconciliation and moving forward with a true substantive agenda that can help ordinary Americans.

Trump's victory,  coupled with the hard work of GOP state parties to keep the Congress in Republican hands, represents an historic opportunity.   Daniel Henninger writes in this morning's WSJ that this opportunity is

to quickly normalize unease about what his presidency represents by sitting down with Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and U.S. ambassador to Congress Mike Pence to chart a reform agenda on taxes, health care, energy and financial regulation.  Mr. Trump has it within his grasp to rapidly liberate the eight-year suppression of the private economy and then build out the more time-consuming pieces of his agenda atop that firm base. 

That sounds like a plan,  and one that ought to take priority over vendettas against a vanquished Hillary Clinton who's already suffered the humiliating verdict of the voters. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:09:47 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LMAO

I don't think it's something he should actively seek. But, if during the course of an investigation by law enforcement they recommend an indictment, that's different

But there are bigger fish to fry right now.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't think it's something he should actively seek. But, if during the course of an investigation by law enforcement they recommend an indictment, that's different

But there are bigger fish to fry right now.

Agreed. Hillary is done. Let her get her K-street job and go away.

Offline Cripplecreek

The cowardice on display in this thread is astounding.

After months and years of breathing fire about convicting the guilty the same people are suddenly worried that getting justice for the victims and their families would make us look bad.

Time to stop blaming congress for caving in and look at yourselves.

Somebody needs to write letters to the families of the victims and explain that we're real sorry about the loss of your loved ones but we don't want to look bad or appear over aggressive.

Offline chae

I fully expect him to go after her, because the campaign was so divisive and history shows him to very petty revenge obsessed person.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It would be just like the Never Trumpers, some proven to not do squat for the Republican Party, like voting for the 2012 candidate, to then, be demanding some 3rd world tactic from Trump, such as going after prior leaders.

And did someone say Trump ran a classless campaign?

I'd ask Dr. Ben Carson.

Offline LMAO

It would be just like the Never Trumpers, some proven to not do squat for the Republican Party, like voting for the 2012 candidate, to then, be demanding some 3rd world tactic from Trump, such as going after prior leaders.

I'd ask Dr. Ben Carson.

It was Trump himself who told her she would be in jail for what she has done if he was in office
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I'd ask Dr. Ben Carson.

TomSea,

I am glad you are not in favor of this. This made me seriously reconsider my vote for Trump.

He did say he should go after Clinton, and he was wrong to do so. Period.

Clinton is now a 2 time loser. I think she has a serious medical issue, possibly Parkinsons. Just let her go be a grandmother. It's the classy thing to do.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The cowardice on display in this thread is astounding.

After months and years of breathing fire about convicting the guilty the same people are suddenly worried that getting justice for the victims and their families would make us look bad.

Time to stop blaming congress for caving in and look at yourselves.

Somebody needs to write letters to the families of the victims and explain that we're real sorry about the loss of your loved ones but we don't want to look bad or appear over aggressive.

Liberals believe in situational ethics. Conservatives believe in the rule of law. Thats a truth that will never change.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:45:24 pm by Norm Lenhart »