Author Topic: UT students march through downtown protesting President-elect Trump  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
University of Texas students march through downtown protesting President-elect Trump

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Hundreds of University of Texas at Austin students are marching through downtown, Wednesday, following an election upset by President-elect Donald Trump. Students are currently on the Congress Avenue bridge blocking all lanes.

(snip)

Among the chants by the group were, “Donald Trump has got to go,” “Texas! Fight! Texas Fight!,” “Si se puede” (Yes we can), “A people united will never be divided” and “We shut s–t down.” Some at the front of the protest group were wearing face masks and carrying a Communist flag.

More, including video, at the link: http://kxan.com/2016/11/09/ut-students-march-on-the-capitol-protesting-president-elect-trump/
Let it burn.

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: UT students march through downtown protesting President-elect Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »
Arrest them. You have no right to play little Nazi storm trooper wanna bee because your side loses an election. Your right to be a moron does not superseded everyone else rights.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 09:42:59 pm »
If people who protest these things after the fact did half as much work before the election, they may not have something to protest against.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »
It is teen thugh  "oh look how cool and bad-ass I am". It the result of being able to do what you will while leadership in schools and society make excuses for thug behavior instead of holding the thugs accountable. This is not "political protest" it is thug life in action. They just know if they give it a political gloss they will not pay any price for their criminality.

If it where Trumpers out there mass arrests would all ready been make  and hysteria about "violence"  would have all ready broken out in the "Press".

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:27:14 pm »
If people who protest these things after the fact did half as much work before the election, they may not have something to protest against.

I dunno, they may have done some work on getting Hillary elected... Travis County (location of Austin/UT) went for Hillary over Trump, 66% - 27%.  In 2012, it went for Obama over Romney, 60% - 36%.  Or maybe the percentage of leftists living in Austin has just gone up that much over the past four years.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:30:42 pm »
Can we put the 1st wall around Austin?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 02:57:07 am »
I dunno, they may have done some work on getting Hillary elected... Travis County (location of Austin/UT) went for Hillary over Trump, 66% - 27%.  In 2012, it went for Obama over Romney, 60% - 36%.  Or maybe the percentage of leftists living in Austin has just gone up that much over the past four years.  :shrug:

The last one.  Few of us indigenous peoples left.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 03:01:22 am »
Arrest them. You have no right to play little Nazi storm trooper wanna bee because your side loses an election. Your right to be a moron does not superseded everyone else rights.

The liberal city authorities would never do that.  But, if they were idiotic enough to step onto State Capitol property, I guarantee Governor Abbott would have no problem arresting them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »
The last one.  Few of us indigenous peoples left.

There were not many left there when I was a student at UT back from 1976-1979. The engineering schools were little oases of sanity in a crazed leftist sewer.......

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »
Can we put the 1st wall around Austin?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 04:43:07 pm »
Protests continued for a second day, this time with some getting arrested:

http://kxan.com/2016/11/10/protesters-block-downtown-austin-streets-bridges-for-second-day/

Story and video at the link.

Let it burn.